Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Old 09-23-2011, 08:50   #106
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Clout: Oh complains about News coverage

Green Beret Fake and fraud, David Oh now has his attorney's threatening to sue media outlets.

I'm very disappointed Professionalsoldiers.com didn't receive a threatening email from David Oh's attorney...... very disappointed.

"For your information, Mr. Oh is an Asian American Republican running for office in the upcoming election, in a city with a rapidly growing Asian American population."
http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...130406043.html

I like the above line, makes me smile. Did anyone here realize that David Oh was Asian American? Holy SE Asia! I never noticed. Must have been covered up by the fact David Oh was wearing a "Green Beret"....

For those media outlets that have been contacted by David Oh's attorney I'll be happy to testify (free of charge) against David Oh and his "Green Beret & Special Forces" claims.

And David Oh, I'll bring my "Green Beret" with me so you can see what a "real" one looks like.
Team Sergeant

Clout: Oh complains about News coverage
By Chris Brennan
Philadelphia Daily News

DAVID OH is dancing a political two-step when it comes to our reporting on his misleading claims to have been a Green Beret.
The Republican City Council at-large candidate published two full-page ads in the Daily News apologizing for "any confusion or misimpression" he created with those claims in his campaigns.

But then Oh's attorney sent the Daily News a letter demanding an apology and retraction of the column that revealed the details of Oh's military service.

Oh's attorney curiously injects race into his letter, writing: "For your information, Mr. Oh is an Asian American Republican running for office in the upcoming election, in a city with a rapidly growing Asian American population."

Oh, who called himself a Green Beret in campaign materials this year and in 2007 and 2003, was assigned to a Special Forces unit for training in the early 1990s. He failed to complete the training.

His attorney notes that Oh had a military designation as a Special Forces officer.

Oh, in his published apology, says that was a temporary military designation, making him a "Special Forces candidate," not a qualified Green Beret.

Cont:

http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...130406043.html
Old 09-23-2011, 08:56   #107
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Git some!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:40   #108
Pete
Quiet Professional

Ah, I guess

Ah, I guess SFAS worked in his case.

Culled another Fruitcake out of the herd for sure.

His metal issues are, well, astounding.

Hey, you Republicans up there, just what in the Hell is your problem. Cut that nut free.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 17:04   #109
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

I though we flushed this turd already? Floated to the top of the toilet again!
Sonic03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:09   #110
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh Special Forces Fraud

Seems the Philly.com newspaper has written a retraction (below).

I'm in possession of David Oh's military record and I think the philly.com newspaper is wrong on this one, looks to me that Daivd Oh might have spent a little over a "YEAR" assigned to a "Special Forces" unit.

3 1/2 years, LOL...... I guess it's time to post David Oh's military records......

"A story Monday did not fully describe the military experience of Republican City Council candidate David Oh. He served for 31/2 years with the U.S. Army Special Forces National Guard, though he was not Special Forces qualified."

http://www.philly.com/philly/about/c...131302794.html
Old 10-18-2011, 18:18   #111
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Vets rip Oh on Army claims

Quote:
BY CHRIS BRENNAN
Philadelphia Daily News

brennac@phillynews.com 215-854-5973

A GROUP of veterans yesterday called on voters to reject David Oh, a Republican running for City Council at-large, due to his misleading claims about being an Army Green Beret.

Joe Eastman, a Navy veteran who organized the Philadelphia Independent Veterans Association, said Oh had embellished his military record for political gain.

The group, which met outside the Municipal Services Building, across from City Hall, to denounce Oh, was not impressed with the two full-page ads he bought after the Daily News first reported in August about his military record.

"We want to cut through the nuance, the lawyer-speak and everything else," said Eastman.

John Murphy, a retired colonel in the Army Special Forces and a Vietnam veteran, said Oh "quibbled" in his apologies and should never hold elected office.
More here: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...132033328.html

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:07   #112
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh, a disgusting politician.....

It's amazing this lowlife is still in the race. Then again these are the very same people that endorse, love, support michael vick................

There are bottom feeding scumbags and then there are people that love & support bottom feeding scumbags...... I think Philly is full of both.

Vets Rip Candidate on Green Beret Claim
October 18, 2011
Philadelphia Daily News|by Chris Brennan
A group of veterans yesterday called on voters to reject David Oh, a Republican running for City Council at-large, due to his misleading claims about being an Army Green Beret.

Joe Eastman, a Navy veteran who organized the Philadelphia Independent Veterans Association, said Oh had embellished his military record for political gain.

The group, which met outside the Municipal Services Building, across from City Hall, to denounce Oh, was not impressed with the two full-page ads he bought after the Daily News first reported in August about his military record.

"We want to cut through the nuance, the lawyer-speak and everything else," said Eastman.

John Murphy, a retired colonel in the Army Special Forces and a Vietnam veteran, said Oh "quibbled" in his apologies and should never hold elected office.

"This isn't about politics," said Murphy, of Cherry Hill. "I'm a Republican and I would have liked to seen him make it. But when he made his false claims about being a Green Beret, that just blew it for me."

Oh did not respond yesterday to a request for comment. In a candidate forum at WHYY last night, he said: "I did not misrepresent my record for political gain."

Oh was assigned to the 20th Special Forces Group when it was called up to active duty during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

Oh was not deployed and spent that time at Fort Bragg in North Carolina, trying to complete the Special Forces training. He finished the three-week assessment and selection course but was not chosen to continue on to the qualification course. He was eligible to retry the first course but chose not to.

Oh, who has referred to himself as a Green Beret in campaigns for Council in 2003, 2007 and this year, apologized in his ads for "any confusion or misimpression" that his claims created.

He then demanded a retraction and apology from the Daily News for the reporting on his record that prompted his apologies.

Last week he ran ads in the Daily News and Inquirer touting his endorsement by the United Veterans Council of Philadelphia.

Gary Seifert, the commander who leads that group, said he took at "face value" Oh's explanation that his record was being overblown by political opponents.

"We could be wrong," he said. "He seems like a likable guy."

http://www.military.com/news/article...ret-claim.html
Old 10-20-2011, 12:09   #113
rdret1
Quiet Professional

Quote:
"We could be wrong," he said. "He seems like a likable guy."
By all accounts, Ted Bundy seemed like a likable guy.

~ Paul Brunton (1898-1981)

R.D. Winters
rdret1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 13:30   #114
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh, Green Beret Liar and Fraud

Can David Oh Still Win a Philadelphia City Council Seat?
Despite controversy over his military service, the Republican is still in the running

PATRICK KERKSTRA
Posted on 10/20/2011 at 10:13AM

A little more than four years ago, when the city’s weak-kneed Republican machine was still thought to be firmly in the grip of Michael Meehan, a GOP City Council candidate named David Oh entered the stage and started doing things that were, for a Republican council candidate in this city, very, very strange. For one, he had ideas. Actual policy proposals. By the dozen, in fact. What’s more, they were novel and interesting ones. He went out there and endorsed the creation of an arts and entertainment district where clubs and bars could stay open 24 hours a day. Philadelphia’s future, he said, was as an international hub. He was out there proposing special free-trade zones, for crissakes.

Given the GOP’s pathetic tradition in Philadelphia, Oh’s 2007 candidacy was a revelation. Here was a guy from the Republican party who might actually be a contributor on council. And he almost won, despite the party’s opposition to his candidacy. Oh lost to incumbent GOP Councilman (and overall waste of space) Jack Kelly by 122 votes.

Fast forward to 2011. Meehan’s control of the GOP is being hotly contested by a band of Republican malcontents, and Oh—who almost showed Meehan up in 2007—is in the catbird seat. Oh cruised through the May primary, winning more votes than any other GOP council candidate. He seemed set to become the first Asian to serve on City Council.

But then things got messy. In August, Chris Brennan reported in the Daily News that Oh—who during his council campaigns had called himself a Green Beret—had never actually completed the required training and been formally accepted into the special forces. Had Oh ‘fessed up then to embellishing his record, the problem would have likely gone away. After all, he had trained with a special forces unit, so perhaps it could be forgiven as an exaggeration.

But Oh panicked. He demanded an apology from the DN. Then, as the tight-knit special forces community caught wind of the story and began to pick him apart, Oh published full page advertisements in the Inquirer and Daily News issuing his regrets for “any confusion or misimpression” his Green Beret claims created. Since then, though, Oh is back to saying that he never misled people about his record, and that the whole mess amounts to confusion over military terminology. I think it’s simpler than that: If the guys who are real-life, no-doubt-about-it special forces soldiers think that Oh is fluffing up his resume, well, that’s good enough for me.

Privately, Oh’s supporters acknowledge that he’s handled the entire affair badly. But they also feel he’s been unfairly singled out for scrutiny. (Brennan has also reported on Oh’s arrest in the 1990s for firing a gun into the air to scare off a group of people he thought were criminals near his home.) Maybe so. But those are the breaks in politics. A reporter gets a tip, and if it pans out, and the candidate fails to handle it well (like Oh) the story builds and builds.

The remarkable thing is, Oh still stands at excellent shot at winning a seat on Council despite all of this. He has strong support from the city’s Asian community, the reformist wing of the GOP, and is likely to get a pretty decent chunk of Democratic votes as well. As a candidate, Oh brings a lot to the table, and if he wins he may well become an excellent councilman. If he loses, which is also a real possibility now, he only has himself to blame.

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_phill...-council-seat/
Old 10-20-2011, 13:39   #115
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I've heard from more than one media outlet that David Oh's attorneys have demanded they remove the articles about the FRAUD David Oh.

Funny, Professionalsoldiers.com has not received a letter or email from David Oh's attorneys.

David Oh's camp is saying the "opposition" is orchestrating this campaign against him.
That's not true David Oh, again you're a liar and a fraud and we (The real Green Berets) caught you in a lie.

You told the public that in fact you were a "Green Beret" and you got caught. You told the public you served in Desert Storm, again, you got caught in a lie.

David Oh you are nothing more than a bottom feeding scumbag, a liar and a fraud.
Old 10-20-2011, 15:47   #116
Richard
Quiet Professional

I'm thinking TS and Penn should make a public service journey to Philadelphia and prepare a 'special' fugu dinner for Mr Oh.

Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fugu.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	20316  
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:02   #117
Richard
Quiet Professional

Philadelphia's newest city councilman......a proven bender of the truth, he should do well.

And so it goes...

Richard

Oh's Council Win Was The Closest In The Election
philly.com, 30 Nov 2011

David Oh prevailed by 203 votes over fellow Republican Al Taubenberger to win an at-large seat on Philadelphia City Council, the closest race in the Nov. 8 general election, according to official returns certified this week.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-11-3...s-closest-race
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 13:49   #118
JimP
Quiet Professional

It was probably his "Green-Beret" skilz that enabled him to win....

(Jim - running for cover over here....).

Hey - Obama got elected as well - how'd that work out?? Philly just entered the Superdome of stupid.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:12   #119
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Philadelphia City Councilman David Oh, liar and fraud

Pennsylvania has some issues, Gerald "Jerry" Sandusky, Michael Vick of the Philadelphia Eagles, and now a liar and a Special Forces Fraud as a Philadelphia City Councilman.

David Oh should fit right in.....

I'm sure the Founding Fathers are proud of the great state of Pennsylvania.
Old 12-04-2011, 14:04   #120
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Pennsylvania has some issues, Gerald "Jerry" Sandusky, Michael Vick of the Philadelphia Eagles, and now a liar and a Special Forces Fraud as a Philadelphia City Councilman.

David Oh should fit right in.....

I'm sure the Founding Fathers are proud of the great state of Pennsylvania.
Just proves that sheeple with be sheeple.........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote