Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2011, 08:50   #11
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Clout: Oh complains about News coverage

Green Beret Fake and fraud, David Oh now has his attorney's threatening to sue media outlets.

I'm very disappointed Professionalsoldiers.com didn't receive a threatening email from David Oh's attorney...... very disappointed.

"For your information, Mr. Oh is an Asian American Republican running for office in the upcoming election, in a city with a rapidly growing Asian American population."
http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...130406043.html

I like the above line, makes me smile. Did anyone here realize that David Oh was Asian American? Holy SE Asia! I never noticed. Must have been covered up by the fact David Oh was wearing a "Green Beret"....

For those media outlets that have been contacted by David Oh's attorney I'll be happy to testify (free of charge) against David Oh and his "Green Beret & Special Forces" claims.

And David Oh, I'll bring my "Green Beret" with me so you can see what a "real" one looks like.
Team Sergeant

Clout: Oh complains about News coverage
By Chris Brennan
Philadelphia Daily News

DAVID OH is dancing a political two-step when it comes to our reporting on his misleading claims to have been a Green Beret.
The Republican City Council at-large candidate published two full-page ads in the Daily News apologizing for "any confusion or misimpression" he created with those claims in his campaigns.

But then Oh's attorney sent the Daily News a letter demanding an apology and retraction of the column that revealed the details of Oh's military service.

Oh's attorney curiously injects race into his letter, writing: "For your information, Mr. Oh is an Asian American Republican running for office in the upcoming election, in a city with a rapidly growing Asian American population."

Oh, who called himself a Green Beret in campaign materials this year and in 2007 and 2003, was assigned to a Special Forces unit for training in the early 1990s. He failed to complete the training.

His attorney notes that Oh had a military designation as a Special Forces officer.

Oh, in his published apology, says that was a temporary military designation, making him a "Special Forces candidate," not a qualified Green Beret.

Cont:

http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...130406043.html