Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 03-11-2019, 12:54   #1
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Cadre strike back against General lowering standards . . .

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-green-berets/

Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 13:11   #2
CW3SF
Quiet Professional

What a shitshow. Embarrassing.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 13:42   #3
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

I'm so glad I only had to suffer Sonntag for less than a year. I can find a way to get along with almost anyone and I could not stand the guy.
Old 03-11-2019, 18:35   #4
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

In addition to his military accolades, Sonntag has Masters Degrees from LouisianaStateUniversity and the NavalWarCollege, and is a Harvard Kennedy School National Security Fellow.

I hope he was released from that.....national security starts with the best quality of people to ca get and train the rest of the platforms are augments
Old 03-11-2019, 19:28   #5
cbtengr
Area Commander

There are some things in life that should never be messed with. The standards to become a Special Forces soldier is at the top as far as I am concerned. The Army I enlisted in was not the one my father enlisted in 22 years before me. I know that some things are going to evolve but I sure as hell do not recognize what has happened to the ranks of the Combat Arms. The military is not a proving ground for social engineering. This sickens me and I can only imagine what it does to those of you who earned your Tab. There has to be a tipping point and I have to believe we are getting dangerously close to it.
Old 03-11-2019, 20:04   #6
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Good

I've worked with some outstanding officers who I am very happy to see have risen through the ranks into positions of importance. The common denominator on these men is that they have maintained the respect of their senior enlisted and not been corrupted by the system that provides an easy path but requires you sell your soul.

The Regiment is more important than any man.....

R10

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:45   #7
Badger52
Area Commander

Breaks my heart to see this.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:23   #8
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Breaks my heart to see this.
It lifts my heart back back up with pride to know that there are still members of our Regiment willing to stand up and resist no matter the cost.
The saddest element of this article is that nobody above Company level seems to have the same amount of courage.

That and imagine if just one man had taken Sontag up on his offer to fight. That would have been Homeric.

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 14:26   #9
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat in the hat View Post
That and imagine if just one man had taken Sontag up on his offer to fight. That would have been Homeric.
Probably no one wanted to be forever known as that guy who kicked the general's ass in front of everyone.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 15:03   #10
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
There are some things in life that should never be messed with. The standards to become a Special Forces soldier is at the top as far as I am concerned. The Army I enlisted in was not the one my father enlisted in 22 years before me. I know that some things are going to evolve but I sure as hell do not recognize what has happened to the ranks of the Combat Arms. The military is not a proving ground for social engineering. This sickens me and I can only imagine what it does to those of you who earned your Tab. There has to be a tipping point and I have to believe we are getting dangerously close to it.
The military core the Infantry has a primal purpose hunt, close with and kill the enemy while being hunted...the only thing that should evolve in such a profane thing as war is technology. Why does the Army/Marine Corps keep going back to the more educated force idea?? the social science that is the basics of the military has been corrupted by well meaning but ignorant leaders in that in SF the school house has been hijacked by the ideologies of the SWEG where sports among other psychologist and academics reside...it is this influence that IMO has more advisory influence to the SWCS commander than any other faction within the unit. The world experienced and "woke" GB's have no input because they are not working in a position that requires a Masters+ degree....the Generals lazily look to these people instead tried and true methods.....It is simple SFAS is a requirement that identifies the possibility...consistency in conduct ad performance on a curve.....the intellectual horsepower to adapt and learn and apply....the character to endure uncertainty....the mental strength to overcome.....is what the Q-course does besides train skills

The standards are the entire problem here and the force is more than likely 50%+ of troops who were never truly tested until they went down range assuming their Team SGT actually paid attention or he had the authority to get rid of undesirables then they passed....but rarely are teams in the worst most hellish scenario on earth....its this we train, select for. We do not know today that we can say are more than likely everything we need for this scenario because the school house GO believes you can teach average men to be a Green Beret.....no doubt the rest of SF command in the Groups to the top of SOCOM are briefed regularly to what the schoolhouse is producing and the methods and reasoning for it....sans to failures in character issues....the numbers come from the Groups and the complaining goes up to get more men.....SWCS is not the only thing that needs fixing the Groups need to fix its management problems hence the need for more soldiers...no intelligent man wants to stick around this unit today.....and it ain't got nothing to do with op tempo, schools, cool uniforms or money.......psssst piss poor leadership

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 03-14-2019 at 10:32.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 17:14   #11
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Lower Standards?

Everybody gets a pass, trophy, no hurt feelings, we are all equal, cooperate and graduate. This social engineering bull shit has to stop because your enemies will be the first to discover your shortcomings and take advantage of them.
Old 03-12-2019, 21:57   #12
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
This social engineering bull shit has to stop because your enemies will be the first to discover your shortcomings and take advantage of them.
Absolutely! Look at the freshman class of the Democrat Congress. The enemy is not only inside the wire (congress), it's in the comm bunker (media).

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:48   #13
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

^^^^^"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." - Alexander Tytler

I don't think this ship is turning around.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:05   #14
bubba
Quiet Professional

ART V

I've said it before both here and elsewhere, the only chance we as a nation and free people have at this point to avoid a hot / shooting war with the communists (the entire demon-rat party and most of the republicunt party) is an Article V convention of states to propose amendments to the USC.

Without pulling on the reigns and turning this beast's head to it's tail and formally limiting the uncontrolled power that the centralized powers in DC have given themselves (with our negligent consent), a State will secede (my best guess is Alaska will be first after the Peoples' Republic of Illinois declares bankruptcy). After the first one goes, and the feds do what they do, several others will follow suit and we'll be back where we were in 1860 only without a clear reason (slavery) for the divide. And then, God help us all!

As for this SWCS issue, the symptoms of a failed national policy of endless conflict (the US hasn't been at war since 1945..) combined with the overall wusification of society at large are just rearing their ugly faces throughout the entire organization. GO's are political creatures. They are direct reflections of the national command who appoints them. It's kind of like getting mad at water for being wet. The cure is to get smaller as an overall organization. No O-type will ever brief that in a slide though because they see that as a sign of weakness to the bean counters who put them there to "get the job done". However, without a clear and defined job to do, the mission becomes the reason to do more missions. More missions = more O-types to control the missions = more money to spend = more missions...... On the pointy end of the stick, guys see this very clearly and are wore out, broken, and fed up. Those who are brought in to replace them are nothing more than a direct reflection of society at large and due to the ever increasing demand signal from the GO's, standards ARE lowered, thus feeding the fed-up who get out.

All in all, it's a destructive cycle and without bold action, this whole fiasco is just pissing up a rope.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 03-13-2019 at 06:22.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:40   #15
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
I've said it before both here and elsewhere, the only chance we as a nation and free people have at this point to avoid a hot / shooting war with the communists (the entire demon-rat party and most of the republicunt party) is an Article V convention of states to propose amendments to the USC.
I agree, but the movement has been going on for 5 or 6 years and they only have 16 States onboard. They need 34. I'm not sure that they can pull it off in time.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote