Old 06-30-2015, 13:40   #16
kalanis
Quiet Professional

Get a new pair of boots and soak them in the tub overnight. Then strap them on with no socks and ruck them dry. I wore no socks for 4 months leading up to SFAS so once there, the thin dress socks were like pillows on my feet. From then on, I never wore socks garrison.

Learn how to properly use moleskin and tincture of benzoin and make up a foot care kit that you carry always.
kalanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:23   #17
Civ
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalanis View Post
Get a new pair of boots and soak them in the tub overnight. Then strap them on with no socks and ruck them dry.
If I may ask, Did you do this for every single ruck?

Thanks.
Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:02   #18
kalanis
Quiet Professional

I did it every time I needed to break in new boots. The sooner you start going sockless, the sooner you get the blister areas figured out, healed and toughened up.
kalanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:05   #19
Dalik
SF Candidate

For landnav: join Quantico orienteering, this will give you a very good intro to landnav, they have events on Sundays.
Footcare: ruck, and ruck, and ruck- it will get your feet conditioned, there are no magic tricks. There is a lot of info on this forum about it, you just need to find it.
Runtime: do interval training, it will bring your run down.

Hope this helps, best of luck
Old 07-09-2015, 06:41   #20
dave1289
Asset

THOR3 Discrepancy

In the 14 week prep there is a discrepancy between the Prep and the Strength PDFs. Weeks 9-12 have one strength day on the Prep PDF but there are two strength days on the Strength PDF. Has anyone noticed this? If so how did you work through it?
dave1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 00:32   #21
Ecclesiastes
Asset

Can someone explain how the rest time works for the strength portion of this program?

Thank you.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:46   #22
dave1289
Asset

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will correct me if I am wrong, however the rest cycle I use for the strength is as follows: For week 1 Day 1 I would do 15 Front squats followed immediately by 15 Lat pull downs and 1:30 rest. Repeat 5 times resting 1:30 after each set. I make the weight heavy enough so that I have not completely caught my breathe by the end of the1:30. This has worked for me so far.
dave1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 19:06   #23
Sky Trash
Asset

Any update??

Has anyone did the thor3 prep program? Found a good 16 week program online that I would like to follow before I head out, any word on how well it is preparation wise?
Sky Trash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:06   #24
JDS351
Asset

Follow Up

Wanted to follow up here and see if anyone has any good feedback after having prepped with Thor3 then continued on to SFAS? I originally came in to find some feedback on how to work the rest periods and I am taking Dave1289's advice and 'supersetting' all the workouts with only one rest period at the end of each set. Wondering if that has worked well for others?
JDS351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:42   #25
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I played basketball in high school and college. The only thing that it didn't help me with was pull-ups. Other than that, the only thing i needed to remember was even though the TAC's wanted me to think they would kill me, they wouldn't. Oh, and the most important thing to remember is, DON"T QUIT....
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 19:54   #26
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS351 View Post
Wanted to follow up here and see if anyone has any good feedback after having prepped with Thor3 then continued on to SFAS? I originally came in to find some feedback on how to work the rest periods and I am taking Dave1289's advice and 'supersetting' all the workouts with only one rest period at the end of each set. Wondering if that has worked well for others?
So you came in here for answers to the test???

As far as Im concerned THOR3 and all the GBs telling people everything about the training have done a disservice....part of the assessment is YOUR self discipline and YOUR preparedness and YOUR resilience to uncertainty......fuck the self promoters giving away the secrets its like getting trained for the SAT scoring high because of it and then going into a profession you are incapable of the difference is STEM degrees will demand the ability where SF today will ignore your lack of ability and train you until are good enough to get by. You will never know the quality of the people there with these NDS violating disloyal snakes with longtabs giving away the tab

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 01-25-2021 at 19:57.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote