FearMonkey
Quiet Professional

Windtrackers!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258335,00.html
---------
For Archiving Purposes:
Report: Native American Trackers to Hunt Terrorists at Afghan Border

Monday, March 12, 2007

A world-reknowned elite group of Native American trackers used by the U.S. Customs to hunt down Mexican drug and people smugglers reportedly is joining the hunt for terrorists crossing Afghanistan’s borders, where Usama bin Laden has been known to hide.

The Shadow Wolves unit, recruited from tribes including the Navajo, Sioux, Lakota and Apache, which patrols a 76-mile stretch of Arizona-Mexico border, is being sent to areas along the Afghan border to teach local units the traditional method called "cutting sign" of finding and following clues on the barren landscape, London's Sunday Times reported.

The Pentagon and the State Department, however, could not confirm the report the report to FOXNews.com, according to a Pentagon official.

The Shadow Wolves were expected to teach local border units ancestral sign-reading methods called "cutting sign," which include detecting twigs broken by humans, hair caught on a branch and how to determine how long a sliver of food may have lain in the dirt.
The unit was founded in the early 1970s to stem the flow of marijuana into the United States from Mexico and has located people smugglers across hundreds of square miles of the Tohono O’odham tribal reservation southwest of Tucson, Ariz.

-------------------
Also, this story:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1496828.ece
Old 03-14-2007, 15:04   #2
Jgood
Quiet Professional

The army has a Tracking school here in AZ down at FT. H.
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:35   #3
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

FearMonkey,
Good post, Thank you.

I'd love to have those guys come hunting with me.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:29   #4
Susa
Guerrilla

Shadow Wolves in AZ

Good story about these trackers. Sadly, bureaucratic PC bull-honkey rears it's ugly head again, and these men are short-staffed.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5609688.story
Susa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 14:03   #5
Pete
Quiet Professional

War Chef

Been a while since the last Native American made War Chief........

I ain't sayin'................but they do have horses over there................
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 14:05   #6
mark46th
Quiet Professional

On the last page of the LA Times article, it states that there has been a hiring freeze for two years while they study whether it is legal to hire native Americans only. Really. I would find out who asked that question and fire him/her/it on the spot for Dumbassery...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 14:20   #7
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
On the last page of the LA Times article, it states that there has been a hiring freeze for two years while they study whether it is legal to hire native Americans only. Really. I would find out who asked that question and fire him/her/it on the spot for Dumbassery...
F*^ken PC is getting to a point where I think we won't make a decision unless we first ask the sheeple what do they want to hear,what a f*^ken mess this country is getting itself into..........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 14:23   #8
Susa
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
They won't hire the tried and tested, knowledgeable trackers, yet they hire these guys:
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct...rrupt-20111017

Common sense loses again.
Susa is offline   Reply With Quote