Old 04-02-2018, 21:35   #2431
mar6211
Asset

Current serving Army National Guardsman, college student and Army Special Forces hopeful. I'm in the process of getting a conditional release from my unit to reenlist on active duty as an 18x and am using this repository of information to better myself before I leave for basic training(again) and SFQC.

My childhood hero was a Green Beret and I hope that when it comes time for selection that I'll measure up and be able to count myself among all of you. Thank you for providing this forum.
mar6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 21:30   #2432
evangeliman
Asset

Current Civilian, 18x hopeful, interested in either Active Duty or Texas National Guard. However, went to MEPS recently and was informed that my glasses prescription was too high w/o a consult/waiver (9.5 diopters in one eye).

I want to serve my nation in the highest capacity I am able and entertaining any and all advice to do so.

V/R,

Stephen
evangeliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 13:01   #2433
Odie
Asset

I joined this forum long ago and didn't realize that I had never actually posted anything, so years later, this is my first post.

I'm not 18 series, but I spent a decent chunk of my career with group. I prefer to limit the amount of online info about me, so apologies if my "About Me" section seems sparse.
Odie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:36   #2434
rainstorm26
Asset

Well, I suppose that it's high time I did this. I'm going to be entering college come fall and will be going on an AROTC scholarship. I'm also an 18A/CDQC hopeful so I figured that I would come back to this website (after a long time spent lurking) in order to give myself a good number of years to train and prepare.

Edit as of 8/30/18: As of now, I am still in college and still plan to commission, but I am no longer on scholarship through ROTC. Oh and I'm also now a 12B in the NG.

Last edited by rainstorm26; 08-30-2019 at 13:04.
rainstorm26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:19   #2435
Shadowscholar
Asset

Been a member for awhile but never posted my introduction. I served on active duty with 2ID and am currently going through the enlistment process with the national guard. Getting in shape and preparing for SFRE for 19th group this fall.
Shadowscholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:32   #2436
Dimethylamine
Asset

Currently serving in the Army National Guard. I'm a recent graduate of Federal OCS and I branched Field Artillery. I'm looking to explore my options for the future and learn and read from other people about the SF experience, the training pipeline, tips, and preparation for SFAS.

I'm 27 and I graduated with a B.S. in Chemistry from a small state university. My hobbies include working on cars, learning languages (I'm functionally conversational in Russian, I'm self taught), traveling, food, cooking, and reading. I'm starting to get into guns as another hobby.

My 25m target is to improve my run times, numbers in the weight room, and pass FABOLC. My 10000m target is to focus on passing and getting selected to attend SFRE.

I'm basically going to be lurking and reading rather than posting because it will be a long time until I'm even eligible to attend SFAS/SFQC. If my mind is still focused on being SF, I will stick to it, but if a couple of years down the line, that my life priorities have changed, that's fine too, I'm open minded. Either way, I'm going to continue to PT and learn.

I have a few weaknesses and strengths that I need to play into. I need to learn to speak up more and be more assertive when in leadership roles, because I feel that I don't give off the "strong leader" vibe as a first impression. For strength wise, I consider myself more patient than most, I never quit, and I'm quite dedicated when it comes to PT.

Last edited by Dimethylamine; 04-20-2018 at 10:43.
Dimethylamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:13   #2437
wonkeylord
Asset

Howdy

Hi. I'm from commie California, trying to land a REP 63 contract with 19th Group despite the fact that every recruiter wants me to go 17C. I study CS and Applied Mathematics at a two year full-time but in the coming months I'll start working as something called a penetration tester. I probably won't really post here but I fgured I might as well create an account. I also know Arabic pretty well (MSA and Levantine) if anyone has any DLI questions.
wonkeylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 18:25   #2438
sawyer92
Asset

Currently serving as a National Guard engineer officer. My current duty assignment is as a sapper platoon leader. On the civilian side I work as a strength and conditioning coach while pursuing my master's degree.

I plan to attend an SFRE with a National Guard group upon completion of my junior staff time. I feel an obligation to give back to an organization that has frankly sunk a lot of time and money into me, as well as develop an understanding of staff functions before I jump into another training pipeline.

I enjoy most outdoor activities, endurance sports, weight lifting, and reading on any subject.

25 M target is to preserve my health as I improve my fitness, and further develop my leadership abilities. I especially need to develop techniques beyond having a short term plan, putting my head down, and trucking until stuff gets done. 300 M target is to follow my strip map for not only progressing but also reconciling both my military and civilian careers.
sawyer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 13:58   #2439
Tomtomtaco
Asset

Thomas

Greetings,
I am a US Army veteran. Lover of freedom. No personal experience with Special operations during service. My father was vietnam era SF trying to find information.
Tomtomtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:38   #2440
Grimes
Asset

Hello,

I am currently a pastor and business owner about to make the shift into Active Duty Army (18x). I have found these forums to be incredibly informative and humbling. Thank you to everyone here who is willing to give us new guys some of your hard earned wisdom.

God Bless,
T.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:22   #2441
Steve0
Asset

Hello,

Active Duty at Fort Campbell, currently working in the hospital. SFAS hopeful. Here to learn. Thankful for the opportunity to do so.

I will continue lurking...
Steve0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 13:38   #2442
agentlank
Asset

Rep 63 hopeful

Hello, I've been lurking on the site for a while, finally decided to register and introduce myself.

33 year old non prior service working toward a rep 63 contract with the 20th. I'm currently a defense contractor working for the DOD-Army. Looking to be part of something greater than myself, be part of what I hear is an amazing brotherhood.

I was a collegiate distance runner, so the endurance stuff comes naturally to me. Working on upper body strength, pull-ups, rope climbing, etc. Just ordered "get selected". Trying to prepare myself as best I can.

Last edited by agentlank; 08-20-2018 at 13:19. Reason: Fat fingered my age
agentlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 17:20   #2443
Asset

Civilian PA-C and guardsman, here to learn.
700345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:28   #2444
RuckmeTilImSOF
Asset

Intro to the Forums

27, finishing Bachelors Degree in Psychology. Pursuing an 18X contract. SF is the career field where I can offer myself as an asset to a team, whereby optimally using my mind and body. My desire is to contribute in a way that impacts change in foreign lands, on behalf of the US.

Current preparation: scouring the forum day & night; reading in an equivalent amount (books on operations, history of geographic regions, combat, leadership, mindset); learning to read and write in Arabic (beginner in Modern Standard, also peeking at Pashto); familiarizing myself of current events; learning Land Nav.

Physical Prep: building cals and endurance, 78 push ups, 60 sit ups, 16 pull-ups, 2 mi in 13:20. Currently on THOR3 14-week strength program. New to rucking (learning pace, foot-care, how to properly pack a ruck). Light swimming and water con.

I’m here to be a sponge and learn from the QPs.
RuckmeTilImSOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:15   #2445
DTH
Asset

Introduction: Rep 63 or JAG (20th SFG)

Hello. Currently, I am an attorney with a practice focused on serving clients in the beverage-alcohol industry. I represent breweries, distilleries, wineries, restaurants, etc.

I'm married with 3 kids (5, 3, and 1.5) and one on the way.

I am working with a 20th SFG recruiter. We are discussing the possibility of two options: 1) Rep 63 route, or 2) JAG route.

I want to go the Rep 63 route, but I am having trouble getting an age waiver (I am 37). I hope to find information regarding age waivers, among other topics, on this site.

Thank you.
DTH is offline   Reply With Quote