Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 02-26-2018, 13:38   #2416
John Spears
Asset

First Post

Glad to be here. I was in B/3/7 on ODA 783 (7323) in Panama from 85-89. 18D.
I use my own name in the clear as a user ID so any one can recognize me.
Director at Forge Tactical.
Blessed to still be in contact and working with so much of the SF community.
Be safe!
John Spears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 19:55   #2417
Mack015x
Asset

Introduction

Good Evening,

My name's Roger. I'm an 11 series guy soon to start the Q and looking for an outlet to absorb as much as possible. Thanks.

Last edited by Mack015x; 02-28-2018 at 20:06.
Mack015x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:36   #2418
Arc7ic
Asset

Greetings,

my name is Vladimir and I am from Bulgaria (small country in Eastern Europe). Currently I am serving in our Special Force branch as an officer. I hope that I will be welcomed here and if you have any questions feel free to ask
Arc7ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 18:58   #2419
mrssomebody349
Asset

Introduction

Good Evening,

My name is Darlene and I was born in 1963. I came across this site via the internet while searching for some important information, which I believe I found on this site, not otherwise found anywhere else on the internet. I am hoping I can get the help I need while here as it is a matter of safety and well being to my family. Nice to meet everyone and thank you.
mrssomebody349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:26   #2420
whitmen74
Asset

Intro

Hello, I'll keep it simple, I've been in the army for 4 years now as National Guard with the 45th IBCT. I am wanting to do more in my military career and finishing my goal. As of right now I am training overseas as much as I can, and when I'm finished here I am hoping to be in shape enough to go through the pre-selection process. I know you all get these things a lot, but when I complete what I've set out to do I will return to this post because talk is cheap. (commence the criticism!)
Old 03-11-2018, 13:44   #2421
Gusto16
Asset

Introduction

Hello I am an 11b in the 82nd Airborne. I am 19 and believe I have what it takes to become a Special Forces Soldier. I am currently reading and preparing. I hope to drop a packet and attend selection as soon as possible.
Gusto16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 23:24   #2422
lovinsjl
Asset

Hello all,

I'm signing my contract as an 18x later this week, I'm 20 years old and I've been training for this for the past year or so. Thanks to the QP's for this forum, it's been a great source of practical knowledge and wisdom about SF, selection, and the q-course. I've still got a few months before I leave for OSUT, with plenty of time to continue an endless amount of running, rucking, and pushups!

Thanks
lovinsjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 18:55   #2423
MRob6
Asset

Introduction

Hello, Mike here. I am a civilian looking to learn as much as possible about SF and this site contains an unbelievable amount of information. I graduated from a military college, did not take a commission but have always respected all that the men and women of the armed forces do. I am grateful to be able to learn as much as possible from such valuable sources.
MRob6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:48   #2424
rr123
Asset

Introduction

I am 26 years old and I currently live in Southern California. I'm currently working on getting a Rep 63 through 19th group in Draper, UT. I've been deferred twice already due to not getting a final clearance for my ACL reconstruction surgery back in 2012 (needed Orthopedic approval not Physical Therapy's apparently).

Just got my Orthopedic's okay and now i'm just waiting to see what MEPS says. I joined also to see if there are any SF guys in the North County San Diego area that are willing to mentor me.

Thank you guys for having me.
rr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 18:27   #2425
InvictusIII3
Asset

Greetings, I am a recenly EASed Marine Infantryman intent on transitioning to the Army to go to Special Forces.
InvictusIII3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:19   #2426
slippery_squid
Asset

Thanks for hosting this sweet ass forum.

I am currently an E-6 (Petty Officer) in the USN; as an Recruit Division Commander (Navy DI).

I am 33, Male, and 218 lbs. Last PFA was 110 pushups, 100 sit ups, 10:10 1.5 mile.

I joined the military with the intention to join SOF. I got I injured early in my career and lost the way. Poor choices and life got in the way of my dream.

Just recently I've been back to a good spot and am willing and able to start pursuing my dream yet again. Unfortunately the Navy won't let me into their SPECOPS.

Came here looking to get some insight regarding join SF as a veteran squid.

Thank you for your service and sacrifices.
slippery_squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 13:11   #2427
N5Z
Asset

Introduction

Sup Gents,

Former SOT-A guy popping my head in to see what is what, maybe catch up with people I haven't talked to in a long time.

Anyone from SOT-A 301 - 306 or ODA 345 circa '04 - '06, feel free to drop me a pm.

-Z
N5Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 19:04   #2428
POG
Asset

Hey all,
EASed nearly a year ago, and I'll be retraining as a 68W in the National Guard in the near future. In the meantime I'm doing the whole college thing and enjoying what feels like unlimited free time with my wife and dog. I'm also getting into pretty dang good shape since I now have total control over my diet and workouts. It's nice to be able to stick to a program without it being interrupted by going to the field!
I'm strongly considering transferring to special forces support at some point in the future, or trying for selection itself. I'm still gathering as much information as possible, hence signing up on this forum. I'll mostly be reading and absorbing as much as possible!
Thanks to everyone who contributes around here! It's truly invaluable.
POG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:08   #2429
Nic
Asset

Contemplating armed service

I am a 24 year old college grad working full time selling gym memberships. I have been considering a career in the armed forces since high school but have yet to make the commitment.

I'm browsing this forum in search of opinions and experiences from those who have been there, done that. I believe this is one of the best sources of information to help encourage or dissuade me in my decision making.

Additionally I am considering; Earn a commission and later apply for Special Forces, or enlist and apply directly for Special Forces.

I greatly appreciate any and all insight/advice regarding the Special Forces community and armed forces as a whole. I have entered some notes in my profile for you all to get a glimpse at who I am, but am open to PM's to further discuss myself and my options.
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 15:30   #2430
SiPa Smiths
Asset

Happy easter

Name is Wilson. 12.5 years active army. 2 yrs as an 88m with 423rd at Carson. Last 10.5 doing other things. Reclassed 11b, cut to 82nd 325th 2nd bn. Bragg had these really cool guys who ran PT like it was life dependent so I inquired about their unit designation and proximity to the JFKSWCS. Got my answer. So on and so forth. Multiple deployments. Last 1.5 yrs volunteered for SMU. Still in the employ of the DOD although I have hopped from dept to agency. Primary is currently overseeing the health, instruction, and general overwatch of my 4 kiddos, aged 2 yrs to 15. Why I no longer deploy 300 out of 365. I have enjoyed reading threads from people and places I recall and will continue to do so. I don’t talk much, not much that hasn’t been said already. But I will chyme in if I think I can help. I’m a weapons guy by trade so that’s usually where I tend to navigate.

Thanks, look forward to lurking,

W.B
“My goal is to succeed in my mission - and live to succeed again.”
De Oppresso Liber
SiPa Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote