Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 06-01-2009, 07:46   #61
echoes
Area Commander

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
Added some new accessories to the bike.

New Pipes ('Pythons' and YES they are LOUD), new pegs, new grips, engine guard, ditch lights (aka Passing lamps, although haven't got those on yet, I'll put them on the same time I put on my speakers) and new 'Nose Art' on the front tin.

Of course with the nose art, I had to come up with a name, like WW II pilots on their AC's. At first I thought about putting on a couple of Pigs Fu*king and calling it "Makin' Bacon", but found this in one of the shops here in town.

I racked my brain long and hard for the proper name, then it hit me.......there is one young lady here on this board, (well actually her sister is), but she is here in spirit and I know her sis reads the boards to her everyday.

With the new pipes and the inspiration she gives, I've decided to name the bike after her....."Kristy's Cannons".

Holly,
Aside from giving your sister that dance I promised her, she of course will be getting a ride.
S,

Beautiful Bike!!! The art came out very well, and sis got a huge grin when I told her about it! She says, "Thank you!"

Rock-On S!!!

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:23   #62
Bordercop
Guerrilla

My Scooter

2004 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Peace Officer Edition...that's my youngest with me at the Toy Run in Las Cruces, NM.

Perge Sed Caute
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICTURE_.jpg (74.9 KB, 148 views)
Bordercop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:28   #63
MARSOC0211
Auxiliary

'07 Ducati 1098

Things are never as bad as they say they're going to be, until they are, then they're way f'n worse.
MARSOC0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:50   #64
coppertop
Asset

A couple...

A 1982 BMW R100S I bought new, and is still my daily rider.
I purchased a used 1979 RD400F after the Beemer for messing about on the race track.

Ride safe, all.
coppertop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 15:54   #65
SF0
Guerrilla

Nothing yet unfortunately. I have my heart set on one of these though:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Harley-Davidson-WLA-2.jpg (35.0 KB, 108 views)
SF0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 16:35   #66
Pete
Quiet Professional

Last day of school

Last day of school for the munchkin was today.

Pulled into the parking lot and there was the cutist little Stella with side car at the front of the line.

Link: http://www.surfsidescooters.com/stel...essories.shtml
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 18:54   #67
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF0 View Post
Nothing yet unfortunately. I have my heart set on one of these though:
Last real one of those I saw was in the Netherlands at Nijmegen during their annual reenactment in celebration of the MARKET GARDEN operations. The rider was Dutch, wearing the uniform of an 82nd ABN SGT with a Thompson in the holster on the front forks. Looked like fun to me!

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 22:29   #68
SF0
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Last real one of those I saw was in the Netherlands at Nijmegen during their annual reenactment in celebration of the MARKET GARDEN operations. The rider was Dutch, wearing the uniform of an 82nd ABN SGT with a Thompson in the holster on the front forks. Looked like fun to me!

Richard's $.02

The only thing I'd add to the one in the picture is a side car so I could take my daughter on rides through the forests around here. A Thompson wouldn't hurt though!
SF0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 21:22   #69
ksgbobo
Guerrilla

I picked up an '09 HD Nightster (used) a couple weeks ago. It has Vance and Hines pipes on it, and I have a few things that I would like to do to it to make it mine. This is my first bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike1.jpg (54.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg bike2.jpg (52.8 KB, 58 views)

We want great men who, when fortune frowns, will not be discouraged.
~Colonel Henry Knox
ksgbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 22:56   #70
Mike
Quiet Professional

in the end i'm thankful. God spared both of our lives. my son could've easily died, and life for me would've been a true hell. i miss biking, and hope one day that my better 1/2 will tolerate me getting back on one.
be careful out there guys. God bless & ride safe.

[/QUOTE]

I did not see this til today.

Sure glad you're boy got off light and you're alive.

I been riding 45 years without a real accident. Kicker on an old pan broke and tore my calf up pretty good once.

I still ride and fixing to start out on a real big trip shortly.
I'm 62 and don't know how many more of these I will want to do.
Traffic today is truly horrifying-the ground is harder than it used to be as well.

Best of luck in healing up.
Old 08-06-2009, 18:50   #71
pjody187
Asset

Anybody ever owned a Royal Enfield? I'm looking to get my first bike soon. Check out the Bullet G5 Military its pretty nifty.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/mo...litary-g5.html
"I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth one step at a time is not to difficult. I know that small attempts , repeated, will complete any undertaking."

- Og Mandino
pjody187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 19:14   #72
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

If that is a version of the motorcycle I think a friend had in the mid 60s, it will have a compression release next to the throttle so it won't kick you over handle bars when you kick start it.

Solid Bike, I was riding a BSA 650 Lightning at the time.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 19:18   #73
dirtyshirt
BANNED USER

Yes, I have owned a Royal Enfield. Mine was a '57.

The ones today are made in India from the same plans ect as the "classic" ones. They are as easy as a Triumph,BSA or Norton to work on,and leak oil just like the old ones as well.

as soon as I find another job, I would like to get a new Enfield.

You will enjoy any model Royal Enfield you get
dirtyshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 19:24   #74
pjody187
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947 View Post
If that is a version of the motorcycle I think a friend had in the mid 60s, it will have a compression release next to the throttle so it won't kick you over handle bars when you kick start it.

Solid Bike, I was riding a BSA 650 Lightning at the time.
Up till a couple of years ago they were only kick start, but they recently had to build a new engine that has an electric ignition, I guess the specs from 1955 weren't meeting the emissions standards in Europe. :
"I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth one step at a time is not to difficult. I know that small attempts , repeated, will complete any undertaking."

- Og Mandino
pjody187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 19:29   #75
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyshirt View Post
............ They are as easy as a Triumph,BSA or Norton to work on,and leak oil just like the old ones as well.......................

You will enjoy any model Royal Enfield you get
They were easy bikes to ride and very well behaved. And yes, they do leak like a sieve. Every lower end screw, gasket, crevice, and some spots I never did figure out.

Yes, I tried Teflon tape as well. No joy, contrary to some tales being passed around at that time.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote