rolling a 2005 WCC CFL
got a 46 James in the garage restoring it
got the ol' man a 2008 WCC El Diablo as a redeployment gift
kcphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 15:31   #47
AF Doc
Asset

Thumbs up

Y'all have some seriously nice scooters.

Right now I'm riding a R1200RT (heated seat feels nice this time of year). The fun bike is a KTM 950 adventure -- although after 700 miles the fun factor has diminished somewhat.
AF Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 15:48   #48
cornelyj
Guerrilla

Cool 1st Crock Rocket!

Yes I will be the first kid to post a picture of a sport bike.
I have a 2006 ZX6R with some small up grades. Mostly rode to classes and to morning PT so I can get those extra minutes of sleep and still get there in time for formation.

and yes that is a 2007 night train in the background...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1151fd1g43k73p53oa8be2331670f674c1471.jpg (8.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 1161gc1393n73k33mc8bee7fd423d5a021c35.jpg (9.0 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg n2034947_50574943_9.jpg (27.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg n2034947_50574963_3232.jpg (28.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg n2034947_50574968_4005.jpg (26.6 KB, 81 views)
There is no magic about being an officer, it is just a different level of responsibility with additional demands to that puts the burden on your shoulders for everything your team does or fails to do.

-Jack M.
cornelyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 15:58   #49
Mike
Quiet Professional

I rode this for 34 years.
Sadly sold it for a road glide when I retired to travel on.

I do got another pan I am restoring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65.jpg (108.4 KB, 144 views)
Old 12-10-2008, 18:25   #50
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I rode this for 34 years.
Sadly sold it for a road glide when I retired to travel on.

I do got another pan I am restoring.
Oh man, selling that Pan must have been like selling one of your kids to the Chinese for "slave labor".....no wait.....I'm sure it was harder.

Did you ever hear about those guys riding their Pan's from Alaska to Florida? Did they make it?

I met up with three guys last August, who were riding from NC to CA.....OFF ROAD !!!!

They had special bikes made over in Europe, just for off road riding. They had their course all mapped out via GPS, on where they were going. No road ways what so ever. All back country, over rocks, fields, streams, whatever. They mapped out their route, and got permission from anyone who's land they rode over, before going on.

Met them down in Trinidad. They had stopped for the night and were taking off the next morning. Heard back from them later on. One guys bike crapped out a few days later, hitting the Mts. The other two just barely made it, but them one crapped out somewhere in Utah. So they ended up trailering their bikes back to NC. Said they were going to try it again in a couple of years. It's just too expensive to do it again so quickly.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:59   #51
Stras
Quiet Professional

Bike Rebuild

Just got my Dyna back after the 2 month rebuild.

It used to be a Dyna FXDX, though it's looking alot like a Nighttrain these days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3121.jpg (82.4 KB, 257 views)
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:46   #52
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stras View Post
Just got my Dyna back after the 2 month rebuild.

It used to be a Dyna FXDX, though it's looking alot like a Nighttrain these days.

Nice headlight.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:23   #53
gagners
Asshat 6

She's up for the winter...

I have a 2000 Honda CBR600 F4. Bought from my brother when he was having $$$ issues. Not my pic, as I don't have any, but same exact bike.

Looking to paint all black this spring before the snow melts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bikepics-1406485-800.jpg (65.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 01-18-2009, 13:15   #54
ZooKeeper
Auxiliary

I just found this thread. I got this 07 1200 Custom Sportster last July.

Bike.jpg
Old 02-28-2009, 19:34   #55
Sdiver
Area Commander

It's getting warmer out. Just got some new "stuff" for my bike. Picked up and engine guard and a set of ditch lights. Also going to pick up a sound system for my MP3 player.

A friend of mine sent this to me. Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd put it here.

Quote:
BIKER CREED..... words to know and live by

Body: Biker Creed

1. Respect the person who has seen the dark side of motorcycling and lived!

2. Catching a June bug on your face @ 70 mph can double your vocabulary.

3. Saddlebags will not hold everything you want, but they will hold everything you need.

4. Wear boots, you can't kick things with tennis shoes.

5. Never argue with a pissed off biker.

6. Routine maintenance cannot be neglected.

7. It takes more love to share a saddle, than it does to share a bed.

8. The only good view of a thunderstorm is in your rearview mirror, but don't be afraid to slow down.

9. Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

10. A two lane blacktop isn't a highway, its an attitude.

11. Never ask a biker for directions if you're in a hurry to get there.

12. If it takes more than three bolts to hold it on, it's probably critical.

13. Remember, you will be judged not only by the horse you ride, but also by how you ride your horse.

14. Don't ride so late into the night, that you sleep through the sunrise.

15. Burgers and beer are as important as gasoline.

16. The number of kicks it takes to start your bike is directly proportional to the number of spectators.

17. Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is good and warm.

18. Sometimes it takes a whole tank full of gas before you can think straight.

19. If you want to have a job, you may have to compromise your principals. You may even have to shave.

20. Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.

21. Never hesitate to ride into unknown territory.

22. Never mistake horsepower for staying power.

23. I'd rather have experience and good reflexes, than luck.

24. A cold burger in tinfoil can be reheated by strapping it to an exhaust pipe for fifty miles.

25. Never do less than forty miles before breakfast.

26. If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride.

27. A bike on the road is worth two in the shop.

28. There are two kinds of bikers, those who've been down, and those who are goin down.

29. New riders pick a destination, old riders pick a direction.

30. Respect your fellow riders, it may be one of them doing CPR on you someday.

31. Getting lost, just means you get to ride farther.

32. Sometimes the fastest way to get there is to stop for the night.

33. Always back your scoot into the curb and sit where you can see it.

34. Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes.

35. Whatever it is, its better in the wind.

36. The worst day on a bike, is still better than the best day in a cage.

37. A biker can smell a party 50 miles away.

38. Take care of your horse, and it will take care of you.

39. If I have to explain, you won't understand.

40. People are like motorcycles: each is customized a bit differently.

41. More races are lost in the tavern than on the track.

42. Never loan your bike to a stranger.

43. The best alarm clock, is a big V-Twin..

44. Remember to pay as much attention to your woman as you do your bike.

45. The best cure for a hangover, is sunshine on chrome.

Ride Safe.
Old 02-28-2009, 19:54   #56
Longstreet
Guerrilla

Quote:
BIKER CREED.....
Sdiver I always thought the biker creed was, "keep the wind in your hair, and the heat off your ass." It is probably easier to memorize than your biker creed, but hey. Thanks for the post. It was a good read.

Ahh I am envious of anybody who can ride all year. It is getting warmer here too, but -15C just does not make ideal riding weather.
I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.
--Haim Ginott--
Longstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:22   #57
Stras
Quiet Professional

50/52 Pan

Here's my project bike. It's a 50/52 Pan. engine is from my uncle's 1950 bike, and the rest is my aunt's 52 bike.

Gonna be lots of fun to ride when I get her all restored.

Stras
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3153.jpg (87.5 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3154.jpg (78.3 KB, 87 views)
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:32   #58
kachingchingpow
Guerrilla

be careful out there fellas

(pardon any grammar & syntax issues, i'm just getting to where i can type again.)

in january, my 10yo son and i were broadsided by a 16yo girl, apparently with her stereo on 11. she was pulling out of a parking lot, attempting to cross the north bound side of a divided 4 lane hwy to get to the median to make a turn to the soutbound side. i was travelling north and she t-boned us. i was going 55, but after a 75' skid not sure of the actual speed.

of course getting hit in the side led to a sizeable inventory of injuries. my rt heel was crushed by her bumper, needless to say my foot looks like it was in a wood chipper. theres a plate and some sort of synthetic heel in there now. rt. femur crushed into 10 or more pieces, external and it came out through my jeans. i've got a titanium rod in there now that is screwed into the neck of the femur and just above the knee. left shoulder was dislocated, and had to undergo an open rotator cuff rebuild. 6 screws in all. head hit the ground, and the first thing to happen was the skull cap came flying off. serious concussion, and spent 4 days in a coma with my body in survival mode... heart and breathing was freaking out, and was put on dialysis due to some high potassium issues.

son had a broken wrist which healed quickly. broken rt femur neck that had to have an internal fixator, broken tib & fib, which required 4 pins and an external fixator, and a broken ankle requiring a screw. thank God i put a high quality full face helmet on him that day. he had marks on it down to the white fiberglass that indicate to me that it saved his life.

looking back, as much as i loved it, i would never ride again with a kid or loved one on my bike. there's just too many idiot drivers that are not paying attention. this girl "never even saw us," as is way too often the case, and my pipes were about as loud as you can stand them. the risks are just too great, and trust me, you don't want to look at your kid every day holding back a tear knowing that simply not taking them would've resulted in them not having to go through this.

in the end i'm thankful. God spared both of our lives. my son could've easily died, and life for me would've been a true hell. i miss biking, and hope one day that my better 1/2 will tolerate me getting back on one. at this point, it's not even open for discussion, unless i talk to a divorce lawyer first. she went through hell, having received a call while out of town, and having to drive 3 hours under extreme stress to get to a hospital. my son and i were in separate locations about 45 minutes away. the month that we spent in there was tough on her, so has the 7 weeks that we've been wheel chairing around the house.

be careful out there guys. God bless & ride safe.

here's a pic of my daughter on my now deceased '05 fxst
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fxst.jpg (73.3 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by kachingchingpow; 06-18-2009 at 14:06.
kachingchingpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:47   #59
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Get well soon.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 21:04   #60
Sdiver
Area Commander

Added some new accessories to the bike.

New Pipes ('Pythons' and YES they are LOUD), new pegs, new grips, engine guard, ditch lights (aka Passing lamps, although haven't got those on yet, I'll put them on the same time I put on my speakers) and new 'Nose Art' on the front tin.

Of course with the nose art, I had to come up with a name, like WW II pilots on their AC's. At first I thought about putting on a couple of Pigs Fu*king and calling it "Makin' Bacon", but found this in one of the shops here in town.

I racked my brain long and hard for the proper name, then it hit me.......there is one young lady here on this board, (well actually her sister is), but she is here in spirit and I know her sis reads the boards to her everyday.

With the new pipes and the inspiration she gives, I've decided to name the bike after her....."Kristy's Cannons".

Holly,
Aside from giving your sister that dance I promised her, she of course will be getting a ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Pipes 1.jpg (108.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg Viking Goddess CU.jpg (76.6 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by Sdiver; 05-31-2009 at 21:08.