Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-21-2018, 10:56   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Oxford University, lowering the standard, for females.

Makes me laugh when the ultra left-wing eat themselves. Now how about lowering the standard (even more) so that first female green beret can become a SJW hero!!!!!!!

Oxford University extends time for maths and computer science exams in bid to help women get better grades

Undergraduates given 105 minutes to complete papers rather than 90 minutes

Hoped change will reduce 'effects of time pressure', thought to impact women

Seven female maths finalists achieved firsts last year compared with 45 men

Proposals called 'sexist' by some claiming it suggested women were 'weaker sex'

By Alex Matthews For Mailonline

PUBLISHED: 06:18 EST, 21 January 2018 | UPDATED: 06:19 EST, 21 January 2018

Oxford University has extended time for maths and computer science exams in a bid to help women get better grades.

Undergraduates were given 105 minutes to complete their papers, rather 90.

There was no change in difficulty or the length of questions and female students were said to do better as a result.

Dons trialed the changes to allow women to achieve higher results, with just seven female maths finalists achieving firsts last year compared with 45 men.

The proposals were put forward to reduce the 'undue effects of time pressure' which the prestigious university believe effects women more than men, reports the Sunday Times.

However, critics have slammed the changes as 'sexist' as they believe it suggests that women are the weaker sex.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...elp-women.html
Old 01-21-2018, 15:39   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

Is Oxford suggesting that women process knowledge slower than men? Are they suggesting that women are mentally impaired when operating under pressure?

Have they looked at the possibility that ALL participants might do better on a 90-minute test if they are given 15 extra minutes on that test. I wonder - would people be able to do better on a PT test if they had 3 minutes to do 2 minutes worth of pushup? Maybe we could improve our times on the 2 mile run by only running 1.5 miles?

Maybe it is just undergraduate students that need more time?
Maybe the caste system in England needs to be reorganized since clearly, the academic caste of their society is just so well developed.

After all - this is Oxford University we are talking about - how can you be "An Oxford Man" if your chromosomes are maligned?
Maybe Oxford is just trying to level the playing field after the Oxford Rugby Team tried to take advantage of the female student body (pun intended)
An Oxford Man would never be so rude.

These first-year undergraduate female students probably need the extra 15 minutes of test time after attending an Oxford 'Crew Date'
...poor gals - the Young-Las caste needs a leg up.

Let's not hold the young Lads at Oxford too accountable though - it isn't their fault. They have been raised in a Monarchy and don't really understand the true concepts of liberty and equality. Besides, Oxford isn't really lowering the standard for these poor gals, they are just giving the peasant class a few extra moments to strive for mediocrity in the grand scheme of things.
...after all, if they score high enough on the test and do good in school, these female undergraduates could be promoted to Queen someday. Hell, some hormone shots and a note from their doctor and they could even run for King.

Fuck you Oxford... fuck you and your Monarchy

AND TAKE DOWN THAT FUCKING CECIL RHODES STATUE YA' HYPOCRITES !!!
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 01-22-2018 at 09:22.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 16:04   #3
Flagg
Area Commander

This YouTube clip interview of Jordan Peterson(Canadian University Professor and clinical psychologist) is relevant.

Pretty obvious ambush on him, but he handles it far better than pretty much anyone else I’ve ever seen:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxS...ature=youtu.be

He articulates what I’ve been thinking, but much better than I ever could.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 16:30   #4
cbtengr
Area Commander

This has to be fake news, women have been claiming for years that they are no different than men. If indeed they are no different that men then the standards can be left alone. If the standard is changed then Barbie will be vindicated for her "math is tough" comment that had so many feminists in a tizzy years ago..
Old 01-21-2018, 18:39   #5
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
This YouTube clip interview of Jordan Peterson(Canadian University Professor and clinical psychologist) is relevant.

Pretty obvious ambush on him, but he handles it far better than pretty much anyone else I’ve ever seen:

I've been listening to his podcasts for a couple of months now. Jordan Peterson is smart and articulate.
Old 01-21-2018, 19:28   #6
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post

That interview is an excellent example of why dialogue is so difficult between sides with differing assumptions about the world and human nature.
Scott Adams explains some of this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnyA5Wn1K_Q
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:02   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Just make me wonder if it's the lack of brain cells or the general disinterest in math for the females. I doubt it's brain cells, too many renown female physicists throughout history. Either way it's very amusing to watch the libtards screaming at each other.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:51   #8
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Slight shifts in the distribution curve with regard to certain traits and a greater variance in the distribution (what he called "flatness") cause huge ratio differences at the tails of the distribution curve.
The tails of the distribution curve are where extreme performers are found.

Peterson kept pointing to that, but she just didn't get it.
She didn't seem to understand the math behind what he was describing.

Ironic.

<edited to add>

This interview is fertile ground for humorous edits.
The Internet is already having fun with it.

https://youtu.be/zN8cHVpcUMQ
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)

Last edited by GratefulCitizen; 01-22-2018 at 09:55.
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote