Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Insurgencies & Guerrilla Warfare

Old 01-29-2009, 14:44   #1
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

The threat of 'sharia' to America

Chad Groening - OneNewsNow
28 Jan 2009

An Egyptian-born woman whose father died as a martyr for jihad says the West continues to remain ignorant of the threat that Islamic "sharia" law poses to Americans' religious and political freedoms.

Author Nonie Darwish claims she was a virtual slave to Islamic law for the first 30 years of her life. In her latest book Cruel and Usual Punishment: The Terrifying Global Implications of Islamic Law, she continues her personal mission to warn the West, by exposing efforts to force and enforce sharia law on unsuspecting nations around the globe.

There is a reason, says Darwish, why the title of her book is Cruel and Usual Punishment. "Unfortunately Islamic law is usual [practice] in the Middle East, in the Muslim world," she explains. "I'm familiar with how it can brainwash people. It can be devastating for the healthy growth of society."

Darwish says now that she is in the West, she has noticed many Muslims who are demanding that Islamic sharia law be given to them as a religious right. But according to Darwish, shaira has nothing to do with religion.

"This is a very elaborate legal system that can [order you be put] to death if you leave Islam," the author points out.

Darwish says no one can afford to be ignorant about the threat of sharia law.

You can find her book available here:
http://www.amazon.com/Cruel-Usual-Pu...3261810&sr=1-7

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 01-30-2009 at 06:30.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 17:36   #2
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Warrior-Mentor,
Thank you for posting this. It's going to creep in like "gun control", a tenth of an inch at a time.
Britain is facing this issue now http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7232661.stm
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 19:01   #3
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey View Post
Warrior-Mentor,
Thank you for posting this. It's going to creep in like "gun control", a tenth of an inch at a time.
X2 - That was just what I was thinking. I am always dismayed that so many people are blind to things like this and even find myself wondering why I don't see it like they do.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:57   #4
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Warrior-Mentor, thanks for posting about this book. I will be sure to read and add it to my "library".
In the UK, there are already Sharia courts that are not only handling the civil cases but also some criminal cases. Sharia law contains numerous provisions that deny tenets of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Conversion from Islam is punishable by death; non-Muslims are second-class citizens; a woman's testimony is not admissible in her own rape case, etc. Sharia Law vs. Constitutional Law (ie Magna Carta)?? . Why anyone would consider incorporating or even replacing the later with the former...baffles me!!
I saw the interviews with Nonie Darwish in the video, "Obsession", informative but disturbing.
IMMHO, with the flow of muslims into this country, unfortunately, it will come to pass in the good ol' USA. It has already started with finances/insurance...look at AIG. That was all over the news late last year:
http://smithfiles.com/2008/12/07/aig...ia-in-america/. (this is just one of many articles)

Am fear nach gleidh na h-airm san t-sith, cha bhi iad aige 'n am a' chogaidh
"He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war" Old Gaelic

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. Thomas Paine
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:41   #5
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

They will never quit and they are not tolerant of anyone else. Why do we have to change to conform to immigrant....?????
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:51   #6
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
They will never quit and they are not tolerant of anyone else. Why do we have to change to conform to immigrant....?????
Because that's what the PC lefist liberal appologists want us to do???

"He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war" Old Gaelic

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. Thomas Paine
Old 01-30-2009, 11:19   #7
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
Because that's what the PC lefist liberal appologists want us to do???
That is why we need to build a nature preserve with a High Fence and guards and sendthem all into their natural habitat and let them live their little PC Lives with they other idiots and we will keep them safe from any external threat and see how they like their new friends with Sharia as the foundation..... Maybe NJ and DE as the test bed.........
Old 01-30-2009, 11:43   #8
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
That is why we need to build a nature preserve with a High Fence and guards and sendthem all into their natural habitat and let them live their little PC Lives with they other idiots and we will keep them safe from any external threat and see how they like their new friends with Sharia as the foundation..... Maybe NJ and DE as the test bed.........
NJ? Well, it is the Garden State! Why not throw in NY as well?

Old 01-30-2009, 11:49   #9
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
NJ? Well, it is the Garden State! Why not throw in NY as well?
I have a few friends there.... NY NY yes but the state no...... Unless we give them notice. Only problem is moving the stock exchange but a couple of good Tech Guys and the system is out of there. We do not need the people as they are a major reason for some of our problems........
Old 01-30-2009, 11:51   #10
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
I have a few friends there.... NY NY yes but the state no...... Unless we give them notice. Only problem is moving the stock exchange but a couple of good Tech Guys and the system is out of there. We do not need the people as they are a major reason for some of our problems........
I concur wholeheartedly! I am ready to help "build the wall"
I have friends in NY as well but I am sure they would move!

Old 01-30-2009, 13:05   #11
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor View Post
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow
28 Jan 2009

An Egyptian-born woman whose father died as a martyr for jihad says the West continues to remain ignorant of the threat that Islamic "sharia" law poses to Americans' religious and political freedoms.

Author Nonie Darwish claims she was a virtual slave to Islamic law for the first 30 years of her life. In her latest book Cruel and Usual Punishment: The Terrifying Global Implications of Islamic Law, she continues her personal mission to warn the West, by exposing efforts to force and enforce sharia law on unsuspecting nations around the globe.

There is a reason, says Darwish, why the title of her book is Cruel and Usual Punishment. "Unfortunately Islamic law is usual [practice] in the Middle East, in the Muslim world," she explains. "I'm familiar with how it can brainwash people. It can be devastating for the healthy growth of society."

Darwish says now that she is in the West, she has noticed many Muslims who are demanding that Islamic sharia law be given to them as a religious right. But according to Darwish, shaira has nothing to do with religion.

"This is a very elaborate legal system that can [order you be put] to death if you leave Islam," the author points out.

Darwish says no one can afford to be ignorant about the threat of sharia law.

You can find her book available here:
http://www.amazon.com/Cruel-Usual-Pu...3261810&sr=1-7
I had read this some time ago, the transcript of Nonie Darwish's speech at UC Berkley and how horribly she was mistreated. It was a good speech, if anyone is interested. She has been in my interest for some time as I know another outspoken Egyptian woman who turned me onto Nonie.

http://frontpagemag.com/blog/Read.as...9-9d9e2ce66f72
There is a link in the first sentence "words of Nonie Darwish" which will take you to the page of her speech. She speaks about Sharia and the damage it has caused and the affects it will have here.

Old 01-30-2009, 19:18   #12
7624U
Quiet Professional

I think she is the 1 hr film Obsession (radical islam's war against the west)

http://obsessionthemovie.com/
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:52   #13
Prester John
Quiet Professional

What amazes me is that devout Muslims demand that Shar'ia law be implemented, yet the implementation of such law goes against the core beliefs of the Muslim world. Without a caliphate in place to rule over such a system of law, it is invalid and unholy. This to me is one of the MOST glaring inconsistencies in the drive for fundamentalist laws.

Not to say the caliphates weren't as corrupt as the current individual kingdoms on the peninsula, but at least they represented a single entity of law that afforded some objectivity. Shar'ia, as it is promoted now is as arbitrary as the breeze.

Noni Darwish is a very impressive lady. I have been reading her work for some time now.

Doug
Prester John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:46   #14
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

What is great is if you start tieing these two threads together.....

http://professionalsoldiers.com/foru...ght=defamation

So is arguing against implementation of Sharia-law a defamation of Islam? Well that would make you subject to prosecution...by.....

I think the set-designer for "Escape from New York" might provide some insight BHT It might be beneficial to move select embassies out of NW DC to the new "zone". Or set up an exchange trip for the PC crowd into the Swat Valley for a year or two and see what their opinion is following that trip.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:53   #15
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Tony Blair: Iran extremism like rise of 1930s fascism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey View Post
Warrior-Mentor,
Actually it's closer to this:

Islamist extremism is similar to “rising fascism in the 1920s and 1930s”, Tony Blair said last night in his first major speech since leaving office.

At a prestigious charity dinner in New York, the former Prime Minister said that public figures who blamed the rise of fundamentalism on the policies of the West were "mistaken".

He told the audience, which included New York governor Eliot Spitzer and mayor Michael Bloomberg, that Iran was the biggest exporter of the ideology, and that the Islamic republic was prepared to "back and finance terror" to support it.

“Out there in the Middle East, we’ve seen... the ideology driving this extremism and terror is not exhausted. On the contrary it believes it can and will exhaust us first," he said.

“Analogies with the past are never properly accurate, and analogies especially with the rising fascism can be easily misleading but, in pure chronology, I sometimes wonder if we’re not in the 1920s or 1930s again.

“This ideology now has a state, Iran, that is prepared to back and finance terror in the pursuit of destabilising countries whose people wish to live in peace.”

He added: “There is a tendency even now, even in some of our own circles, to believe that they are as they are because we have provoked them and if we left them alone they would leave us alone.

“I fear this is mistaken. They have no intention of leaving us alone.

“They have made their choice and leave us with only one to make - to be forced into retreat or to exhibit even greater determination and belief in standing up for our values than they do in standing up for their’s.”

Mr Blair, who represents the Quartet of the US, Europe, Russia and the United Nations on the Middle East, was speaking at the 62nd annual Alfred E Smith Memorial Foundation dinner at the Waldorf Astoria hotel.

Mr Blair went on: “I said straight after the attack of September 2001 that this was not an attack on America but on all of us. That Britain’s duty was to be shoulder to shoulder with you in confronting it. I meant it then and I mean it now.”

He added: “America and Europe should not be divided, we should stand up together.

“The values we share are as vital and true and, above all, needed today as they have been at any time in the last 100 years.”

Mr Blair received three standing ovations during the evening.

Earlier, the former Prime Minister said: “Out of this region the Middle East has been exported a deadly ideology based on a perversion of the proper faith of Islam but nonetheless articulated with demonic skill playing on the fears and grievances of Muslims everywhere.

“It did not originate from the dispute between Israelis and Palestinians, of course, far from it. But this dispute is used to great effect as a means of dividing people, sowing seeds of hatred and sectarianism.

“The impact of this global ideology is now no longer felt simply in the terrorism that afflicts Lebanon or Iran or Palestine. It is there also now in Pakistan, Afghanistan, in India, of course in Europe, in Madrid and London, and in the series of failed attempts to create terror across our continent.

“And here in New York you felt it in the thousands who died and who still mourn their lost ones.”

On several occasions the dinner chairman said he would have liked to see Mr Blair run for US president in 2008.

continued:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2693173.ece