Old 12-21-2007, 07:57   #1
He_Officer
Asset

Israeli TZZ ammo

Hi Guys,

I've used Israeli TZZ .45 ACP ammo before and it's pretty hot stuff. I've come into a chance to purchase a bunch of .45 ACP with a "TZZ 92 Match" head stamped. Has anyone here used this stuff? Is it loaded down from the regular TZZ stuff?

Thanks,
Danny
Old 12-21-2007, 08:34   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I think that you will find it very snappy.

Especially in smaller or lighter weapons.

PM me if it is a real deal and there is more than you need.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:45   #3
Air.177
Quiet Professional

It's terrible, you should send half to The Reaper and half to me for disposal

I've reloaded some of the brass before, but to my knowledge, I haven't ever shot any of the factory loaded stuff.
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 16:04   #4
He_Officer
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I think that you will find it very snappy.

Especially in smaller or lighter weapons.

PM me if it is a real deal and there is more than you need.

TR
I RO'd at a place where the shooters wouldn't touch the plain TZZ ammo. It was so hot they were at a min having to go up to like a 22 or 24 pound recoil spring. I'm hoping this TZZ Match wouldn't be quite so hot. I guess I'll find out how tough these Springfield XD's really are. I'll let you know if they have significant quantities left.

How would you get like 1K round shipped anyway?

Danny
Old 12-21-2007, 16:44   #5
HOLLiS
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by He_Officer View Post
I RO'd at a place where the shooters wouldn't touch the plain TZZ ammo. It was so hot they were at a min having to go up to like a 22 or 24 pound recoil spring. I'm hoping this TZZ Match wouldn't be quite so hot. I guess I'll find out how tough these Springfield XD's really are. I'll let you know if they have significant quantities left.

Danny
If it is availble, could you PM me. I have several 45 carbines, like a UZI, and it does not mind a little extra zip.

Thanks.

H.
HOLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 17:24   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by He_Officer View Post

Danny
UPS Ground, normally.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 20:37   #7
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

If you've got extra, I want on the list too. I've shot a fair amount of it over the years, mostly the standard stuff. Fired the majority of it in a Colt Series 70 without any problems. I've still got a lot of the brass I collected in the 80s. Good lord alone knows how many times I've reloaded some of it.
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 20:57   #8
He_Officer
Asset

TZZ ammo

I'll see how much they have. I'm pretty sure they want $200 for a .50 cal can with 1000 loose rounds. I'm not sure how many cans they have or how much I could buy. It'll be a week before I can get my hands on it though.