Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-27-2019, 08:27   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Stop Gender Specific Sports

Stop Gender Specific Sports ???

Seriously,, Is it me?? Are guys that can't compete as guys, swishing to compete in games they can win?

Maybe we should eliminate all split gender competition and only have one of each, where all will have an equal chance??

Confused FOG

link: Top-Ranked NCAA Women’s Runner Is a Biological Male

Later,, we can offset the start blocks for affirmative action?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CeCe Telfer.jpg (52.3 KB, 68 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:07   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post

Seriously,, Is it me?? Are guys that can't compete as guys, swishing to compete in games they can win?

Maybe we should eliminate all split gender competition and only have one of each, where all will have an equal chance??

Confused FOG

link: Top-Ranked NCAA Women’s Runner Is a Biological Male

You should respect CeCe Telfer's gender identity.
Rachel McKinnon should also be praised for translating gender identity into a cycling championship.
Fallon Fox should be respected for venturing into female MMA competition.

These brave athletes are proving that men can do ANYTHING - men can even excel at being women.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 13:33   #3
Paslode
Area Commander

From my perch, I would say that Transgenders in sports is purposely being used to destroy another institution in the same manner the left has destroyed the Boy Scouts. The Irony of it all is that the feminist help create the trans monster and it is women that are being hurt the most.

Even lesbian icon Martina Navratilova is taking heat for speaking out against these freaks ruining women sports..

https://www.thenation.com/article/ma...y-transphobia/
Old 02-27-2019, 14:41   #4
Box
Quiet Professional

The irony is like sweet, sweet candy.

We have an "all girl" Boy Scout Troop - because activists wanted diversity.

We have biological females that want to be treated as biological equals complaining that gender identity females have an unfair advantage - because of biology.

We changed a bunch of PT standards so that we would be able to say women must meet the same PT standards as men - and it seems that now, the ENTIRE FORCE is trending towards difficulty passing the SF PT test.

It makes me sad.

To clarify - the circus that IS modern day America doesn't make me sad- I am having a BLAST watching this shit show play out. What makes me sad is that I keep pissing my pants from laughing so hard.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 02-27-2019, 14:46   #5
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post

Confused FOG

The comments to the article are enlightening , these two caught my attention.

"The left is going to have to decide whether they want feminism or transgenderism, because you can't have both. They cancel each other out."

Is that so bad?

"It kind of looks like competitive sports are coming to an end. There is a clear and obvious difference between male and female athletes."

How many times have we heard a female proclaim that "they can do anything that a man can do?" I guess except for beating a man who competes in their sport.
Old 02-27-2019, 14:53   #6
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

They should abolish Title IX and declare it just as unconstitutional as the court recently did with Selective Service (aka “The Draft”), IMO the administration of “Hope and Change” showed us the folly in having separate funding for men’s and women’s sports for equality was wrong.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 15:15   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

For fuck sake - why would anyone want to put an end to this NOW ???

Ringling Brothers ran a kick-ass circus performance for almost 150 years before the left wing activists finally ran them out of business. We can still see animals at the zoo - but where do you go when you want to see a bearded lady?

Well, you can go to an MMA match - or a bike race, or an NCAA track and field event, hell - we've got former SEALs and Green Berets living high profile lives as transgenders and Tier One Commandos stumping for national gun control...
...and Ringling Brothers has been out of business since 2017.

"The Greatest Show on Earth" is no longer something that belongs to Baily, Barnum, or those pesky Ringling Brothers... American pop culture is where you go for entertainment now. Tom Thumb and JoJo the Dog Faced Boy cant hold a candle to the three ring circus, big top, keystone kops, shit show going on in america today.

Why would anyone want this to stop?

Last edited by Box; 02-27-2019 at 15:18.
Old 02-27-2019, 17:14   #8
Paslode
Area Commander

I wonder how the AKC would react if someone who identified as a dog enter the Westminster?
Old 02-27-2019, 19:14   #9
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box
We changed a bunch of PT standards so that we would be able to say women must meet the same PT standards as men - and it seems that now, the ENTIRE FORCE is trending towards difficulty passing the SF PT test.

Our son was in one of the first co-ed basic training classes. The first time he got to call home he had about 10 minutes. While he was talking to me he said, "Oh god, the girls are all crying now."

To paraphrase Coach Jimmy Dugan, "Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASIC!"

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 19:19   #10
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

I like the idea. Let's take Basketball for an example. Just move the rim from 10' to 7' so everyone can dunk. It's not lowering standards because the rim height was arbitrary and never needed to be that high to start with.

Some men may currently be faster or able to jump higher than women. Easy, no more shoes. Everyone just wears socks. Level playing field. Problem solved. You know, until we play against some international teams.

As a true NBA fan I know I will still watch just as much pro ball as I do now.

LHC
Old 02-27-2019, 19:36   #11
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

This will be another windfall for the legal profession as women get hit, bloodied, and beaten by those mean men they are competing with, and seek compensation.

The average man is bigger, stronger, and faster than your average woman.

With equivalent training, men improve faster, and reach a higher plateau.

That is a fact.

So let women compete in men's sports. Eliminate gender specific sports. See how many women can compete against the men and win, on a level playing field.

I don't think it will turn out the way libs seem to think it will.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 20:04   #12
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

The 1980’s (IIRC) Russian Federation women’s Olympic weight lifting team was just a few decades ahead of their time. Now that it legal it should be more fun to watch.

In fact the contact sports like boxing and Tae Kwon Do will be very interesting in the next Olympics.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:30   #13
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
I wonder how the AKC would react if someone who identified as a dog enter the Westminster?
Bonus points if they are allowed to compete and decide to relieve themselves on the judges.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:40   #14
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
This will be another windfall for the legal profession as women get hit, bloodied, and beaten by those mean men they are competing with, and seek compensation.

The average man is bigger, stronger, and faster than your average woman.

With equivalent training, men improve faster, and reach a higher plateau.

That is a fact.

So let women compete in men's sports. Eliminate gender specific sports. See how many women can compete against the men and win, on a level playing field.

I don't think it will turn out the way libs seem to think it will.

TR

To prove the point, we should start with MMA and boxing. Give these people the equality they have been demanding and front row seats to the spectacle they've been yelling for to see if they can stomach it.

In Med School I was on a panel of students who had dinner with the dean to discuss the curriculum and share our experiences/concerns with our educational experience. I knew one of the other students at that dinner was given special accommodations (extra time to take tests, etc.). When the dean asked if I had concerns, I told him I felt it was concerning that people were being given special treatment/accommodations in order to allow them to keep up with the vigorous academic pace required of med school and of physicians throughout their careers - I felt it was a potential liability to patients that a physician was unlikely to be able to keep up with the long hours of clinical obligations and keep up with the ever evolving field of medicine as predicted by their inability to graduate from medical school without help. The woman who I knew was receiving some of these accommodations immediately told me it was unfair to judge and people should be given the opportunity to pursue their dreams to which I said, "I wanted to be a world champion sprinter - does that mean that I should be given a head start in every race in order to pursue my goal? And, as ludicrous as that sounds, it's just running and lives aren't on the line like they are when physicians can't keep up with the demands of their profession. Or perhaps we allow that but require every physician that required assistance/accommodations to graduate medical school to disclose this fact to any potential patients and give the patients the options to request another physician" She excused herself from dinner in a huff....

The fantasy of equality is all fine and dandy when there's nothing on the line. Equality of opportunity is something else entirely.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:50   #15
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Don’t give Cankles any ideas...

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote