Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-28-2019, 13:10   #16
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
To prove the point, we should start with MMA and boxing. Give these people the equality they have been demanding and front row seats to the spectacle they've been yelling for to see if they can stomach it.

In Med School I was on a panel of students who had dinner with the dean to discuss the curriculum and share our experiences/concerns with our educational experience. I knew one of the other students at that dinner was given special accommodations (extra time to take tests, etc.). When the dean asked if I had concerns, I told him I felt it was concerning that people were being given special treatment/accommodations in order to allow them to keep up with the vigorous academic pace required of med school and of physicians throughout their careers - I felt it was a potential liability to patients that a physician was unlikely to be able to keep up with the long hours of clinical obligations and keep up with the ever evolving field of medicine as predicted by their inability to graduate from medical school without help. The woman who I knew was receiving some of these accommodations immediately told me it was unfair to judge and people should be given the opportunity to pursue their dreams to which I said, "I wanted to be a world champion sprinter - does that mean that I should be given a head start in every race in order to pursue my goal? And, as ludicrous as that sounds, it's just running and lives aren't on the line like they are when physicians can't keep up with the demands of their profession. Or perhaps we allow that but require every physician that required assistance/accommodations to graduate medical school to disclose this fact to any potential patients and give the patients the options to request another physician" She excused herself from dinner in a huff....

The fantasy of equality is all fine and dandy when there's nothing on the line. Equality of opportunity is something else entirely.

MMA has already been bitten by the gender dysphoria bug. Google 'Fallon Fox' and enjoy some of the way people "refuse to accept science"
Taika Brents has her own opinion and on at least one occasion, Rhonda Rousey refused to fight Fox for similar reasons.

The term denier only applies to people on the right that don't worship climate change... Flat earthers, moon hoaxers, and social degenerates are not required to acknowledge"science" unless it deals with climate change.

But hey - "science"
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 19:11   #17
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
MMA has already been bitten by the gender dysphoria bug. Google 'Fallon Fox' and enjoy some of the way people "refuse to accept science"
Taika Brents has her own opinion and on at least one occasion, Rhonda Rousey refused to fight Fox for similar reasons.

The term denier only applies to people on the right that don't worship climate change... Flat earthers, moon hoaxers, and social degenerates are not required to acknowledge"science" unless it deals with climate change.

But hey - "science"
Matt Larson in his ignorance and arrogance decided and posed to the Generals that their should be no gender classes just weight classes in Army Combative tournaments...I can't tell if he suspected the females in Combat arms was coming or not but their has not been a female win a fight of note against an average local fighters/soldiers...I told Matt that if their is no distinction between gender in combat there should be no weight classes either and since you cannot test for PED's even the muscular crossfit chicks get manhandled in their own weight classes.
Old 02-28-2019, 20:45   #18
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
I told Matt that if their is no distinction between gender in combat there should be no weight classes either and since you cannot test for PED's even the muscular crossfit chicks get manhandled in their own weight classes.
Did you cc: Helen Reddy on that shit?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote