Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 01-15-2018, 18:23   #16
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

What is this country turning into? All I hear is we were so frightened and traumatized by the false alert. They should be glad and sit down and make some plans if it really happens and get prepared. Quit being a victim and grow a pair.

As a kid we did drills at school, church and at home. Guess the population is too scared of their shadow and any other thing to live without fear. Boy have gone backwards. Before everyone feared us and now we fear everything.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 18:32   #17
Dean Jarvis
Quiet Professional

Bubye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FU.jpg (16.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-15-2018, 19:32   #18
frostfire
Area Commander

it's not everyday you can get a free "flash" painting of your silhouette to be forever printed .

Assuming I know the yield and location (ground vs air blast), I would pick the best canvas

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 20:16   #19
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I think every time Kim Jung Um launches a ballistic missile towards the Pacific Ocean we should launch two or three towards the NKPR and China.

It’s the only way to modernize our ballistic missile defense system! Not to mention Beijing won’t put up with his Tomfoolery for long every time their missile detection system alerts.

Editors note: scrambling B1 and B2 bombers with nuclear payloads are easier to recall. But I’d still like to see the SHTF moment in Beijing when two or three Minuteman missiles are incoming.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 20:41   #20
Bleed Green
Guerrilla

I am kind of on the same page as the guy playing golf in Hawaii while this was going on. Keep on playing, light what may be my last cigar of my life and hope to God I am playing with somebody of the same mind so I would have a witness in case I managed to get a hole in one. Of course in that case I am sure the bar tab would be negligible as most people would have left their sticks and hauled ass home.
Old 01-15-2018, 21:17   #21
Pete
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
... we have a couple subs stationed off their coast and wipe the goofy bastard off the face of the earth. .
Wouldn't take two subs to put them back in the stone age.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 21:30   #22
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Flagg you are an ethical person. I commend you.

I hope though that you “buy” things with a credit card and save the cash.
Cheers!

Credit card of course.

I always clear the card every month, but it’s not my fault if the interwebs gets knocked out.

I forgot to add the part about running over little old ladies in the road if it’s an ambush come-on.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 21:30   #23
mojaveman
Area Commander

So if the government does detect a launch how long does it take for the nuke to hit?

Let's say from North Korea to Hawaii or to a large city on the west coast.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 21:47   #24
EricV
Guerrilla

If they hit the nearest town to me in the middle, it would take about 500 Kilotons to take me out and prevailing winds aren't in my direction. Course, that assumes their aim is good. I have plenty of preps so I'd just sit back, grab a beer, and watch the fun.

What size can NK actually hoist in terms of yield?? 10-15 kilotons is about the highest they tested so far I believe. Now, if it's the ROOsians or the Chinese, the throw weights get a little bigger.

Here's a program to do some simple calculations. You just got to figure what's the nearest target to you they will be aiming at, and punch in an estimated throw weight.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
Old 01-15-2018, 21:53   #25
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
Let's say from North Korea to Hawaii or to a large city on the west coast.
Twenty-one minutes and thirty-eight minutes to SF. Or until it breaks up on reentry.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:22   #26
Box
Quiet Professional

...get on Twitter and make sure everyone understands that my demise rests securely at the feet of the current president and his partisan congress.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:21   #27
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Hug the wife and kids then send the kids to the basement so I can have some alone time with the wife. If time permits, enjoy a bourbon on the rocks and a good cigar. Afterwards (assuming I'm not in the immediate blast area), put a clear plan in place for the immediate family and then contact the hospital to find out when casualties are inbound and get instructions on where/when to report to help with triage.

This answer must've been in the wrong thread so I've relocated here it for him:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter View Post
I would like to be mounted, by a skilled taxidermist.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Last edited by PedOncoDoc; 01-16-2018 at 09:23.
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 16:14   #28
7624U
Quiet Professional

Find a suitable swimming pool not indoors, put sunscreen on and grab a nice beverage. When the Flash goes off DUCK AND COVER and hold my breath for two min while the heat and blast wave go over head and hope its not close enough to evaporate all the water instantly.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 17:08   #29
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
Find a suitable swimming pool not indoors, put sunscreen on and grab a nice beverage. When the Flash goes off DUCK AND COVER and hold my breath for two min while the heat and blast wave go over head and hope its not close enough to evaporate all the water instantly.
keep a tank and Reg available and sit on the bottom for a while to keep the ash off and surface 1 hr later.

Hate holding my breath during a stress event.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote