Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-13-2014, 22:05   #61
Sdiver
Area Commander

Here's a few pictures that have been made up ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bundy invade putin.jpg (72.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg bundy invade.jpg (87.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg bundy invade cowboys.jpg (58.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Bundy invade take.jpg (9.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg bundy invade moo.jpg (16.5 KB, 45 views)
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 22:14   #62
MR2
Quiet Professional

At this point, what difference does it make...

You know that they would not have backed off if this was not an election year.

They are so afraid of what happened that the President brought up the Birther thing to try and distract. He should have blamed it on a YouTube video or something. Oh...

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 22:16   #63
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
Here's a few pictures that have been made up ....
MOOO-lon labe
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 22:28   #64
YM Cating
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 View Post
What is a "tacticool" beard?
I think this will explain it xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0R7n02owM
YM Cating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 22:47   #65
YM Cating
Auxiliary

Quote:
I would hope an actual civil war wouldn't start over this, as I think it would destroy the republic, and come out very badly for everyone involved. However, this Bundy protest is kind of an example, IMO, it seems of when Jefferson said:

"I do not know whether it is to yourself or Mr. Adams I am to give my thanks for the copy of the new constitution. I beg leave through you to place them where due. It will be yet three weeks before I shall receive them from America. There are very good articles in it: and very bad. I do not know which preponderate. What we have lately read in the history of Holland, in the chapter on the Stadtholder, would have sufficed to set me against a Chief magistrate eligible for a long duration, if I had ever been disposed towards one: and what we have always read of the elections of Polish kings should have forever excluded the idea of one continuable for life. Wonderful is the effect of impudent and persevering lying. The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, and what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion.[1] The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusets: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen yard in order. I hope in god this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted." - Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787
I to would hope it doesn't occur. That being said, the Feds need to stop trying to change things. They should simply, kick back, relax and crack open a cold one. They've got good lives why do they need our land to?

At this point I don't know where their intentions lie but they are not honorable. But I am very glad this event took place, it was an excellent show of true patriotism and courage.

Let's see what happens next. We might see history repeat itself. If there is a raid and it turns out like Waco it might be the start of the next Bloody Kansas. That will start a war, the Feds would be well advised to cease these type of grabs.
Old 04-13-2014, 22:57   #66
YM Cating
Auxiliary

Quote:
One of the great things about the Internet and social media these days is how it gets the word out so quickly and prevents the government from able to just run roughshod right over people's rights in the way it used to be able to do. Some on the left have even lamented this, saying in one article about how the New Deal would not be doable today because of social media. It apparently went over their head that they were essentially saying that they didn't like that social media would prevent the government from being able to just run right over people the way it could in the 1930s.
Social media is a wonderful thing. I can see why the left would detest that. Makes things hard. They even tried to stop it with 1st amendment zones. Just the fact that they had those signs prepared (manufactured) is horrifying. Last time I checked we weren't in the USSR but hell what do I know, I'm just a naive American who believe that the constitution still holds meaning. Silly me.
Old 04-13-2014, 23:09   #67
YM Cating
Auxiliary

Quote:
I am awaiting April 15th to see how many people in my state (New York) disobey Herr Cuomo's diktat to register all "assault weapons." Some suspect that more than 90% may refuse, but I'll believe that when I see it. But the massive number that have refused compliance with registration in Connecticut have apparently stunned the Connecticut government who aren't quite sure how to respond.

The thing is, Cuomo is a spoiled brat with an ego and extreme level of arrogance, and he may not stay quiet about this if massive numbers refuse compliance in the way Governor Malloy of Connecticut is doing.
I believe it, and good for them! I'll be real interested to see what happens come tomorrow. As many great philosophers and civil rights leaders have said, "an unjust law is no law at all." No one is taking my guns, well, not while I'm still breathing that is.
Old 04-13-2014, 23:20   #68
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I'm sure Harry Reid has been in cahoots with the Chinese over the Bundy issue for the last 20 years.

Richard
http://www.csmonitor.com/1996/0103/03011.html

Similar situation 20 years ago.
Look whose name pops up at the end of the article.

Some leopards don't change their spots.

There's plenty out there about Hage vs US and abuse of power.
http://www.rangemagazine.com/special...e-decision.pdf

The people of the region know government oppression when they see it.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 23:35   #69
YM Cating
Auxiliary

Take a look gentlemen, the Revolution has begun! Well, it seems more like an Occupy Movement, except this one has the intent of protesting some of our politicians out of office. We'll find out may 16.

http://operationamericanspring.org/

http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/

Last edited by YM Cating; 04-13-2014 at 23:57.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:51   #70
Pete
Quiet Professional

U.S. Senator Reid, son combine for China firm's desert plant

U.S. Senator Reid, son combine for China firm's desert plant

Dated story from Aug 2012

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...87U06D20120831

"...Now, questions surrounding family ties are flaring again in Nevada around the Senate majority leader. He and his oldest son, Rory, are both involved in an effort by a Chinese energy giant, ENN Energy Group, to build a $5 billion solar farm and panel manufacturing plant in the southern Nevada desert.

Reid has been one of the project's most prominent advocates, helping recruit the company during a 2011 trip to China and applying his political muscle on behalf of the project in Nevada. His son, a lawyer with a prominent Las Vegas firm that is representing ENN, helped it locate a 9,000-acre (3,600-hectare) desert site that it is buying well below appraised value from Clark County, where Rory Reid formerly chaired the county commission...."

Didn't he just say a few days ago there was no connection and he never talked with his son about this?
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:47   #71
Toaster
Guerrilla

Quote:
I am awaiting April 15th to see how many people in my state (New York) disobey Herr Cuomo's diktat to register all "assault weapons." Some suspect that more than 90% may refuse, but I'll believe that when I see it. But the massive number that have refused compliance with registration in Connecticut have apparently stunned the Connecticut government who aren't quite sure how to respond.

The thing is, Cuomo is a spoiled brat with an ego and extreme level of arrogance, and he may not stay quiet about this if massive numbers refuse compliance in the way Governor Malloy of Connecticut is doing.
I think that you forget the principle of "What does an 800lb gorilla do when it walks into a room?" when it comes to Comrade Cuomo. New York is controlled by the city. In New York more than half of the citizens cannot own firearms due to living in the city, so why would they care about the other half of people in their state? Cuomo is pretty safe in that area.

My immediate problem is that people from outside of the Republic of Texas want to mess with my state. The more intelligent problem is that people in NYC and the PRKali are denied rights and liberties willingly, and cannot see that there are people in a different section of the American ship, versus being on an entirely seperate ship.

"Nothing is more dangerous than an NCO or Officer who has been taught a technique or method, but doesn't understand the underlying principles or the "why" behind it." -MtnGoat

"How can someone improve their ability to lead? Die to self.

The most rewarding thing a leader will receive is having someone place their life in your hands and say, I will follow you." -SGT Gary Beikirch
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:00   #72
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
Woudn't be surprised to see someone get arrested for "domestic terrorism" under the PATRIOT act.
Maybe not a domestic terrorist by your meaning. But someone could go to jail
and much depends on what the government will react too.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...r-behind-bars/

Quote:
In an interview with conservative radio host Dana Loesch, Bundy claims that “this is a sovereign state of Nevada.” Though he swears that he will “abide by all of Nevada state laws,” he adds that “I don’t recognize [the] United States Government as even existing.”
He is treading on thin ice here.. Ya think!
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 15:20   #73
Stargazer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Maybe not a domestic terrorist by your meaning. But someone could go to jail
and much depends on what the government will react too.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...r-behind-bars/

Perhaps he is taking a page from the Executive Branch of the government that selectively picks laws and takes court orders lightly to the point of being held in contempt.
"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not.. a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."~ Hub
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 15:26   #74
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post

I've been on the road for the last couple of day and heard several interviews with Bundy. I think that that quote is out of context. Beck pinned him down directly asking him if he recognizes the Federal Government. He said that he does, but only as defined in the Constitution. The point that he is trying to make is that the Federal Government "owned" the land when it was a Territory. But, in his view, that once the Nevada Constitution was approved and the state was granted statehood, the ownership of the land reverted to Nevada (and all other former territorial states).

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 18:01   #75
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I strongly suspect that this isn't over yet.

TR
Reid agrees with you: http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/st...14I5GhESg.cspx

They'll be back after the election. And, with a better plan. I hope the cowboys are adjusting their strategy, also.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote