Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-25-2017, 04:34   #31
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

Calling it “a big step in the right direction,” U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Sunday night announced a historic reduction in the U.N. biennial operating budget.

Haley said the plan calls for a $285 million cut for the 2018-19 fiscal year.

“The inefficiency and overspending of the United Nations are well known,” Haley said. “We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12...ng-budget.html

Need to make that $3.3 Billion, small step but not big enough. How much is that wall going to cost. Divert UN money to that.

CD
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:11   #32
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
Calling it “a big step in the right direction,” U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Sunday night announced a historic reduction in the U.N. biennial operating budget.

“The inefficiency and overspending of the United Nations are well known,” Haley said. “We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12...ng-budget.html

Need to make that $3.3 Billion, small step but not big enough. How much is that wall going to cost. Divert UN money to that.

CD
It's about time.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:24   #33
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post

Need to make that $3.3 Billion, small step but not big enough. How much is that wall going to cost. Divert UN money to that. CD
Reading that made my day! I agree...I say cut it all and use it for raises for the military and fix the VA.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:42   #34
abc_123
Quiet Professional

The way I understand it, this is the U.N. cutting itself back not the US cutting funding...which I think we should do anyway on top of this reduction. The wall would be a great use of the $$.
Old 12-25-2017, 18:28   #35
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

UN uncomfortable truths , they are a bunch of idiots.

UN uncomfortable truths.........

Everyone here that have been on or ever planned to "rescue" UN personnel and units from hot zones raise your hands...........

The United Nations is a joke and a huge waste of money.
Old 12-25-2017, 19:23   #36
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
UN uncomfortable truths.........

Everyone here that have been on or ever planned to "rescue" UN personnel and units from hot zones raise your hands...........

The United Nations is a joke and a huge waste of money.
Ohhh come on now; you have to be more precise. They're not really a "huge waste of money"; they're just a huge waste of OUR money. Honestly, you have to give them a little credit. After all they are "the" global forum for the Eurotrash "stripey pants crowd" to advance their NWO agenda. And where else can third world thugs go to badmouth the US to a sympathetic audience? It's all about the cocktail hour and being "seen" by the right people.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 19:52   #37
CloseDanger
Guerrilla

Isn't this fun!
CloseDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 21:44   #38
exsquid
Quiet Professional

The day Nikki Haley was appointed UN Ambassador, I knew she was being groomed for a Presidential run. Her political shortcoming (at a national level) was lack of international experience. This position fixes that. She is a double minority and a Republican to boot. I hope Hillary lives long enough to see the Republicans put the first female President in the White House.

x/S
Old 12-26-2017, 06:46   #39
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

I think it would probably be much easier to ask for a show of hands for those that have NOT.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:25   #40
Intel NCO
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquid View Post
The day Nikki Haley was appointed UN Ambassador, I knew she was being groomed for a Presidential run. Her political shortcoming (at a national level) was lack of international experience. This position fixes that. She is a double minority and a Republican to boot. I hope Hillary lives long enough to see the Republicans put the first female President in the White House.

x/S
Lord I hope so..
Old 12-26-2017, 13:33   #41
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquid View Post

x/S
THAT...would be way to good...and IN YOUR FACE for the dems... I love it...