Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-14-2020, 09:49   #46
tonyz
Area Commander

Power and the precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
They throw money into social programs that don't work, college education is a joke, they give, give, give and nothing is asked in return and they get away with it and know they can. Meanwhile the cities are now the new trash dumps of human garbage and crime.
Rita, you are right of course.

However, if you indulge me a moment...they TAKE, TAKE, and TAKE !

They TAKE our freedoms, they TAKE our tax dollars, they TAKE our productivity and redistribute it...often to themselves and their friends and pet projects or to places and persons against our will.

They are so flush with cash they are giddy...and when they need more $$$$$ they just TAKE our equity, savings and retirement program’s value by printing money and devaluing our hard work and savings. They TAKE our productivity and redistribute to the nonproductive purely for POWER. You may yet get the privilege of paying student loans twice...yours and now someone else’s !

TAKING from the productive and redistributing...that is the dirty political class’s currency.

And, then they TAKE your individual thoughts and pride and call you a racist, heartless, fascistic bigot if you disagree with them, for example defunding police...yup, it seems that they must TAKE your safety, too...the STATE shall GIVE ALL THAT IS REQUIRED Komrade.

They most want to TAKE your free will...your freedom of religion, freedom of speech and your guns...

...all in the quest for power...“It is mine, I tell you. My own. My precious. Yes, my precious.”

Remember... “YOU DIDN’T MAKE THAT.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 12-14-2020 at 09:54.
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:04   #47
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Rita, you are right of course.

However, if you indulge me a moment...they TAKE, TAKE, and TAKE !

They TAKE our freedoms, they TAKE our tax dollars, they TAKE our productivity and redistribute it...often to themselves and their friends and pet projects or to places and persons against our will.

They are so flush with cash they are giddy...and when they need more $$$$$ they just TAKE our equity, savings and retirement program’s value by printing money and devaluing our hard work and savings. They TAKE our productivity and redistribute to the nonproductive purely for POWER. You may yet get the privilege of paying student loans twice...yours and now someone else’s !

TAKING from the productive and redistributing...that is the dirty political class’s currency.

And, then they TAKE your individual thoughts and pride and call you a racist, heartless, fascistic bigot if you disagree with them, for example defunding police...yup, it seems that they must TAKE your safety, too...the STATE shall GIVE ALL THAT IS REQUIRED Komrade.

They most want to TAKE your free will...your freedom of religion, freedom of speech and your guns...

...all in the quest for power...“It is mine, I tell you. My own. My precious. Yes, my precious.”

Remember... “YOU DIDN’T MAKE THAT.”
Yes indeed, that is accurate for sure. Hahahaha now days anything you say they call it "racism" or "hateful". I have to watch what I say at work at times, lots of ears listening and taking down notes. I disagree with a lot of sh*t, I no longer give a "F", they really don't give a rat's ass for people like myself anyways. Bahahahaha...Life is grand and they can kiss my pale, little tushy....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:00   #48
tonyz
Area Commander

Individual liberty not mob rule...for thoughtful Americans

The Social Tyranny that Threatens Thoughtful Americans

By Stephen F. Gambescia
American Thinker
December 15, 2020

One of the earliest lessons we learned in school was likely to include the spirited explanation of Patrick Henry's "give me liberty or give me death" speech to move colonists to declare independence from the British Kingdom in 1775. By high school, some may have dug deeper into the roots of the American Revolution by reading or hearing some excerpts from Thomas Paine's famous pamphlet Common Sense. Most social science majors, and certainly political science majors, in college likely worked through John Stewart Mill's On Liberty (1859). Liberty is what we Americans cherish, and we learned in our history courses about the chains of tyranny brought on by governments.

Civil liberty (not to be confused with civil rights) is a right we are all given by the US Constitution to keep government at bay from encroaching on our person and our property. The Constitution spelled out some limited power we turn over to government to manage society, and just as important the Bill of Rights ensures what we do not want our government to do to us or for us. We expect Congress to pass no laws to infringe on our liberty, and we expect government officials or any actors to leave us and our property alone. The Bill of Rights protects us from government action to infringe or to restrict our freedom, as we go about our station in life.

Today, people don't talk about fear of tyranny when they distrust a politician or are mistreated by a government agency. Aside from a sprinkle of hyperbole by calling someone a fascist, most warn that the bad actor is a "threat to Democracy." However, we are not a Democracy. By design, the Founders were fearful of a true Democracy. James Madison in Federalist No 10 explained that given human nature, people would pursue narrow interests without regard for the rights of others and the common good. Madison and others had little faith that "cooler heads" will prevail in governing, especially on controversial issues. They were afraid of what the mob faction, affectionately called the masses of asses, would do if given all the power. Thus, as we learned, the Founders set up our Constitutional Republic with three branches of government and plenty of balances and checks to keep the system clunky enough to avoid both rule by a majority or rule by a minority that gains too much power.

What we are witnessing today on our streets, in our businesses, in our schools where we play, and even in our homes is not tyranny by Big Brother, but a social tyranny. John Stewart Mill's classic political philosophy treaties On Liberty warned not only against tyranny by government but what he called "social tyranny." Social tyranny, Mill writes, is when we are told what is socially acceptable to think, say, and do. An influential group in society, not the actual government, makes us do things at first we normally would not do, then over time they make us do things without thinking, to making us do things that are, well, unthinkable!

While Mill warned against a social tyranny by a majority that was promulgating what is customary, today we see social tyranny played out by a small, but growing group of citizens that has a chilling effect on the lives of the majority of Americans. Do what the street mob wants or risk ridicule, be ostracized, suffer economic ruin, or be labeled a racist; and if this is not enough, we risk bodily harm. Given these options, one can see that social tyranny can be more disconcerting than political tyranny. And it is working…

Schools traditionally set curriculum and instruction by subject matter experts credentialed and thoughtful about what students should learn, so they can become productive members of society. Today, administrators and teachers are strong-armed into teaching what is in vogue, with little regard for what parents assume is a "good education." The tyrants have managed to add a few Rs to the curriculum, such as renounce, remove, and resist.

Company board members and executives are tripping over each other to create new marketing strategies, including overt advertising campaigns, to show a Me Too Wokeness. And just to be safe, they will turn money over to a cause or causes that scream the loudest, not in fear of losing customers through such relatively tame strategies as a boycott, but fear of being branded persona no grata by the social tyrant groups. Public officials have become so derelict in their duties to protect their people and their own property that for all the noise over the years about gun control, their lack of fortitude against the social tyrants has pumped triple the number of firearms into our neighborhoods. Ironically, those to whom the tyrants claim to help are falling deeper into despair, as their city blocks and businesses burn. Family members are split between supporting law and order or supporting those victimized by the amorphous villain called systematic racism.

The social tyrants hide behind all of these good works that they ostensibly do for justice sake. More disturbing is the social tyrants hide behind peaceful protesters fighting for legitimate causes of justice and equality for all—things that any of us naturally support. These tyrants use speech that incite lawless action, such as setting fires, destroying property, looting stores, and assault and battery. They use unequivocal fighting words. This type of "speech and demonstration" is not free—a judgment any first year law student with scant knowledge of the law can see and a prosecutor with a modicum of fortitude should charge for these criminal acts.

John Stuart Mill warned about social tyranny from the majority—a majority stifling progress to shift away from old "customs." What we are experiencing, oddly enough, on the surface looks to be a minority. But is it? The tyrants are well funded by back-end wealthy individuals with their Marxist agenda. Demonstration groups are extorting money from corporations and other social service type agencies to feed the cause. Each day the media cheers the tyrants on showing peaceful protestors marching during the day, when at night they know the crowd will morph into ugly and hateful assaults on police, anyone who dares to stop them from hurting others, and citizens simply going about their station in life. Public officials and elected officials simply look on from their cozy COVID-19 bunkers as their towns burn, committing a most egregious actus reus. They want to hang on until their own political agenda succeeds, and they think they are winning. Maybe so, but any victory using the social tyrant army is a Pyrrhic one.

The media, many elected officials, and the many apologist groups in Hollywood, universities, and nonprofit agencies have created a Frankenstein in the street mob. People are scarred. However, let's hope that the majority of Americans are still right minded and have the fortitude when the time comes to refuse to acquiesce to some symbolic jester. Not because they do not support the cause of those mistreated and suffering from injustice in our country, but because social tyranny forces people to act against their "natural impulses." Fear is very real. Nevertheless, there is hope, as fear perpetuated by soulless creatures in the end will not win over the minds of those who have the courage to think for themselves.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...americans.html

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 12-15-2020, 13:52   #49
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

An excellent prose!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 14:08   #50
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

For the longest time, I had a John Stuart Mill quote in my sig box. About war being an ugly thing...but not the ugliest of things.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 18:45   #51
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Cultural Change :

Where and when is the madness going to end ? This liberal BS is all around us look at Canada, that ass wipe PM invited the Chinese Peoples Army for cold weather training, How many Chinese soldiers will need cold weather training and for how long. Let's say 10 million Chinese soldiers for 10 years of cold weather training. Once there , how do the Canadians get the Chinese to leave ?
Old 12-15-2020, 22:33   #52
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
Where and when is the madness going to end ? This liberal BS is all around us look at Canada, that ass wipe PM invited the Chinese Peoples Army for cold weather training, How many Chinese soldiers will need cold weather training and for how long. Let's say 10 million Chinese soldiers for 10 years of cold weather training. Once there , how do the Canadians get the Chinese to leave ?
Madness never ends - thousands of generations of human history have repeatedly demonstrated that physics is universal...
...madness in motion will continue in motion until it is acted upon by an external force.
...the degree of madness is directly proportional to society's tolerance - societal tolerance of leftist policies only increases the velocity of the leftist movement
...equal and opposite yada yada yada
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 23:57   #53
PSM
Area Commander

Did we join the military, swear an oath to our Constitution, only to fight and die for the freedom of foreign nationals and not ourselves? Do we expect foreign nations to do the same to liberate us?

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:34   #54
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
It's not just the Canadians who have been indulging Chinese interests...

Quote:
Deep in the Heart of Texas, a Chinese Wind Farm Raises Eyebrows
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/25...ectrical-grid/

And before the recent Hunter Biden scandal, there was Rory Reid..

Quote:
U.S. Senator Reid, son combine for China firm's desert plant
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...87U06D20120831

Those two articles seem contrary to several decades of Presidents having given speeches about the evils of our 'Dependence on Foreign Oil' and the need for 'Energy Independence'......

1979 - Jimmy Carter - http://web.mit.edu/21h.102/www/Prima...Confidence.htm

2006 - George Bush -
https://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/31/bush.sotu/

2013 - Barack Obama - https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...rowth-and-redu

2020 - Donald Trump -
https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-n...239077733.html

It would seem that we are going from a dependence on foreign oil, to a dependence on China for clean energy.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:48   #55
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Sometimes ya’ just gotta break shit!

I don’t mean break wind turbines or blow up gas/oil supplies. I mean break the ideology that has derailed the country and taken down its current cultural and moral abyss.

Let’s just break some shit!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 12-16-2020, 07:18   #56
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I mean break the ideology that has derailed the country and taken down its current cultural and moral abyss.

Let’s just break some shit!
Are you speaking of ideology that is in the vaults, atop the necks, of the 2-legged repositories? (The 'Ceaucescu Solution' if needed.) Or possibly the public shaming of a school-board as cowards because they quake in fear at the screeching of a 12-year old with hurt feelings over the latest socially offending lunchbox art? (Maybe caught on camera by the local paper for uploading onto the cable provider's local-service channel.) One needs less clean-up than the other.

We can talk national policiies till the cows come home, but I still think the important stuff is local.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:12   #57
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

All politics are local, so are the social modalities that need fixing.

When someone takes the courage to walk up and take the bullhorn (literally) from the latest mouthpiece and smash it thus breaking it and walks away while they are in disbelief they will slowly return to their bunkers.

Same with the Molotov throwing ingrates or sign carrying SJW. Toss the Molotov cocktail at their feet or into their own car, smash their signs and rip them up and tell them to take their own trash home with them.

I truly believe if people start doing this they will back down, they are cowards and they are weak by themselves...break them up into manageable sizes and destroy their snowflakes emotional insecurities. (I believe the Proud Boys have already begun this type of action. There is strength in numbers.)

When they (the mob) are breaking stuff like store fronts show up and begin breaking their cars as they try to leave. After awhile they will stop breaking and entering and looting.

We can play their game against them with the same tools, techniques and technology. I’m sure 4Chan and QAnon would be all too happy to monitor their networks and notify the counter operatives of planned and ongoing activities.

Just a few thoughts going through my head this morning over Folgers Classic Roast and banana bread.

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 12-16-2020 at 09:23. Reason: Spelling and grammar
Old 12-16-2020, 09:06   #58
tonyz
Area Commander

An excerpt from Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862) on Civil Disobedience.

“Unjust laws exist: shall we be content to obey them, or shall we endeavor to amend them, and obey them until we have succeeded, or shall we transgress them at once? Men generally, under such a government as this, think that they ought to wait until they have persuaded the majority to alter them. They think that, if they should resist, the remedy would be worse than the evil. But it is the fault of the government itself that the remedy is worse than the evil. It makes it worse. Why is it not more apt to anticipate and provide for reform? Why does it not cherish its wise minority? Why does it cry and resist before it is hurt? Why does it not encourage its citizens to be on the alert to point out its faults, and do better than it would have them? Why does it always crucify Christ, and excommunicate Copernicus and Luther, and pronounce Washington and Franklin rebels?”

The fiasco of a mail-in presidential election took place...the unjust laws are coming...just some more thoughts. I raise my heavily caffeinated mug to you fine gentleman this morning !

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 12-16-2020, 11:19   #59
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

This Forum, owing to its rules,its management, and its membership is IMHO the very best forum for discussing the major issues of our time. This thread is one of the most serious and impactful that we have discussed at least since the 2nd Amendment thread.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:18   #60
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
For the longest time, I had a John Stuart Mill quote in my sig box. About war being an ugly thing...but not the ugliest of things.
Honestly, I did have to google JS Mill, was not aware of him.
Very interesting quotes and background I'll read more in coming days.

https://studyboss.com/essays/john-lo...art-mills.html

John Locke, I've read mostly responsible for social and political philosophy of
founding fathers. But, truth be told, learned more today..

John Locke. “The end of law is not to abolish or restrain, but to preserve and enlarge freedom."

So...thank you 1stindoor.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote