Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Old 10-28-2010, 08:47   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

William G. Hillar Special Forces FRAUD

William G. Hillar Has never been a member of the US Army Special Forces.

COL in Special Forces, only in his dreams. Thats quite a client list Bill! I wonder if any are going to bring FRAUD charges against you?

Another Special Forces Fraud bagged and tagged. If anyone would like to write some of Bill's clients and inform them of his fraud feel free. I have Bill's "Reserve Coast Guard Radarman" records.

I also have in my possession a FREEDOM of INFORMATION ACT (FOIA) from the UNITED STATES ARMY SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND (USASOC) STATING USASOC HAS NO, NONE, ZERO RECORD OF WILLIAM G HILLAR.

Bottom feeding scumbag.

Team Sergeant

Bill Hillar Training

William G. Hillar is a retired Colonel of the U.S. Army Special Forces. He has served in Asia, the Middle East, and Central and South America, where his diverse training and experiences included tactical counter-terrorism, explosive ordnance, emergency medicine and psychological warfare.

His military expertise led him not only to cross-train and serve with Special Forces from allied countries, but to advise governments and military organizations in several foreign nations. He holds a B.A. in Psychology, an M.A. in Education, a Ph.D. in Health Education, and an honorary doctorate in Intercultural Relations.

Hillar provides training and consultation to law enforcement, firefighters, and other first responder organizations where quick reaction and rapid recovery are essential for survival. Hillar is also an adjunct professor at Monterey Institute of International Studies and the University of Oregon. His courses and workshops include:

Transnational Drug Smuggling
Human Trafficking
Tactical Counter-terrorism
Transnational Criminal Gangs
Highly sought after as a presenter and keynote speaker, his reviews are consistently full of respect and appreciation. Hillar's wisdom and knowledge is essential for anyone serving in civilian, government, and high-risk occupations. If you are seeking someone to help you better understand how you are affected and can make a difference in this rapidly-changing world, then ask Bill Hillar to be that change agent.

Contact Bill for more information or to schedule training.

CALIFORNIA

Federal Executive Board of Greater Los Angeles
California Fire Chiefs Association (CFCA)
California State Firefighters Association
GEORGIA

Georgia Bureau of Investigation
IDAHO

Idaho Falls Police Department
ILLINOIS

Illinois Drug Enforcement Officers Association

MONTANA

Montana Sheriffs' and Peace Officers' Association

OREGON

Southwest Oregon Fire Instructors Association
Crime Prevention Association of Oregon (CPAO)
Oregon State Law Enforcement and Data Systems (LEDS)
UTAH

West Valley City Police Department
Utah Fire and Rescue Academy
WASHINGTON

Shoreline Fire Department
Tukwila Fire Department
King County Fire Training Officers
REGIONAL

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - Region X
Homeland Security and Defense Education Western Conference
Western Fire Chiefs & FEMA Directors
FEDERAL

Angeles National Forest
FBI Intermountain Executive Command College
FBI National Academy Graduates Association
National Crime and Information Center (NCIC) State Training and Audit Resources (STARS)
U.S. Army Evaluation Center
U.S. Army Dugway Proving Ground
U.S. Forest Service, Law Enforcement Division
The International Justice and Public Safety Network (Nlets)
COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES

University of Oregon - Substance Abuse Prevention Program (SAPP)
Monterey Institute of International Studies - Graduate School of International Policy Studies
Southwestern Oregon Community College
Utah Valley State College - Winter Fire School
Anne Arundel Community College (Maryland)
College of Southern Maryland - Corporate & Community Training Institute
ORGANIZATIONS

Stop Trafficking of Persons (S.T.O.P.)
Intervarsity Christian Fellowship
Greek Life, University of Oregon

Contact Information

Contact Bill Hillar to discuss your organization's requirements and expectations. Presentation length and content can be tailored to fit your training needs. For availability, fees or for more information, call or email:

Bill Hillar Training

E-mail:

bhillar@verizon.net

Phone:

(831) 236-1531

http://billhillartraining.com/
Old 10-28-2010, 09:23   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

This guy is so amusing I decided to post this in the discussions as well. Comment as you like.

If you do an internet search you'll find the movie "Taken" was supposed to be about him......

I can understand hollywood being duped by a fraud but look at that list of Law Enforcement agencies.......

FBI.....

Homeland Security....

NCIC....

Old 10-28-2010, 10:16   #3
CDG
Asset

I don't get why LE agencies and Govt. agencies wouldn't vet the credentials of anyone offering training to their agents under the auspices of SOF service...
Old 10-28-2010, 16:56   #4
fng13
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
I don't get why LE agencies and Govt. agencies wouldn't vet the credentials of anyone offering training to their agents under the auspices of SOF service...

Let alone the Army?

I don't understand, is there such a need for instructors out there that simply having a phony resume and a "school" or website will get you in?

How can people like this even keep all of the lying they surely have to do straight?

Pathetic.
Old 10-28-2010, 17:14   #5
AngelsSix
Area Commander

If you contact those agencies, I will be willing to bet none of them has heard of the guy. Chances are he did like so many others and just put them there to try and impress people. I see a bunch of so called "trainers" pulling that crap these days.

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
AngelsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 22:43   #6
Iraqgunz
Guerrilla

Wow, that's amazing and scary at the same time. I cannot believe in this day and age with all the stories we have heard of that no one did their due diligence.
Iraqgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 23:07   #7
PRB
Quiet Professional

I think he's changed or dropped his email adress...my note to him bounced
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 00:03   #8
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsSix View Post
If you contact those agencies, I will be willing to bet none of them has heard of the guy. Chances are he did like so many others and just put them there to try and impress people. I see a bunch of so called "trainers" pulling that crap these days.
I did, the FBI took it quite seriously and already replied......

I'm betting the FBI really hates to be the victim of a scam artist.

Even worse, their being scammed made public.......
Old 10-29-2010, 00:23   #9
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
I think he's changed or dropped his email adress...my note to him bounced
I found another email address for professor bill......

I wonder if University of Oregon knows bill is a liar and a fraud?

TS

Bill Hillar

E-Mail: bill@sapp.uoregon.edu

William G. Hillar is a retired Colonel of the U.S. Army Special Forces [NOT] He has served in Asia, the Middle East, and Central and South America, where his diverse training and experiences included tactical counter-terrorism, explosive ordnance, emergency medicine and psychological warfare. His military expertise led him not only to cross-train and serve with Special Forces from allied countries, but to advise governments and military organizations in several foreign nations. He holds a B.A. in Psychology, an M.A. in Education, a Ph.D. in Health Education, and an honorary doctorate in Intercultural Relations. Hillar provides training and consultation to law enforcement, firefighters, and other first responder organizations where quick reaction and rapid recovery are essential for survival. Hillar is also an adjunct professor at Monterey Institute of International Studies and the University of Oregon. His courses and workshops include:

Transnational Drug Smuggling
Human Trafficking
Tactical Counter-terrorism (Tactical Counter-terrorism.....LOL )
Transnational Criminal Gangs

http://sapp.uoregon.edu/faculty_staff.asp
Old 10-29-2010, 06:27   #10
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Fraud

That e-mail of his has already been turned off. What a douchebag.

Last edited by sinjefe; 10-29-2010 at 08:53.
sinjefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:09   #11
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

TS,

Thanks for moving this to a GD thread.

I'll bet the SAPP folks are just thrilled to see hillar profiled as a colleague. I hear the "Reality Bus" closing on this guy. Changing his e-mail address as much as he is suggests that he's getting some unfavorable e-mails.

RF 1

Last edited by Red Flag 1; 10-29-2010 at 07:14.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:10   #12
alright4u
Quiet Professional

Good Move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I did, the FBI took it quite seriously and already replied......

I'm betting the FBI really hates to be the victim of a scam artist.

Even worse, their being scammed made public.......
The Feds damn sure will not play games with him.
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:12   #13
aegisnavy
Guerrilla

It would have been more fun to schedule him to provide training for some QP's at a nearby unit. Oh well, he now knows his deceit mission has been compromised, so it's too late.

I too am amazed if the list of clients on his bio is true.

TS, sir, thanks for putting this in the general discussion thread.
Old 10-29-2010, 15:51   #14
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisnavy View Post
It would have been more fun to schedule him to provide training for some QP's at a nearby unit. Oh well, he now knows his deceit mission has been compromised, so it's too late.

I too am amazed if the list of clients on his bio is true.

TS, sir, thanks for putting this in the general discussion thread.
Your right,we kinda blew it!...... We should have scheduled a training at Ft. Bragg and than really hit this guy hard on his BS...........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 16:05   #15
CSB
Quiet Professional

This guy is a piece of work:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Did you know that Taken was loosely based on a true story? Only, the ending wasn't so happy. The story is based off of the kidnapping of Colonel William G. Hillar's daughter. You'll find his story below:

William G. Hillar is a retired Colonel of the U.S. Army Special Forces. He has served in Asia, the Middle East, and Central and South America, where his diverse training and experiences included tactical counter-terrorism, explosive ordnance, emergency medicine and psychological warfare.

His military expertise led him not only to cross-train and serve with Special Forces from allied countries, but to advise governments and military organizations in several foreign nations. He holds a B.A. in Psychology, an M.A. in Education, a Ph.D. in Health Education, and an honorary doctorate in Intercultural Relations.

In 1988, while traveling with schoolmates in Southeast Asia, kidnappers pulled Bill Hillar’s 17-year old daughter off a train and forced her into the sex industry. Despite an exhaustive, multi-country search, her father, a Special Forces Colonel, was unable to save his daughter from the fate that ultimately took her life. The recent movie "Taken," with Liam Neeson is partially based on Bill Hillar’s personal story.

Hillar provides training and consultation to law enforcement, firefighters, and other first responder organizations where quick reaction and rapid recovery are essential for survival. Hillar is also an adjunct professor at Monterey Institute of International Studies and the University of Oregon.
(http://nwcat.org/registration/keynote-speaker/)

If you go to the link, it tracks out to the "Northwest Coalition Against Trafficking" in which our Colonel was a keynote speaker.

Here is their "Press Packet, where you will find "Colonel Hillar" on page 9.

http://nwcat.org/wp-content/uploads/...ess-Packet.pdf

http://pdxcityclub.org/content/why-h...ll-bill-hillar

Damn, just missed him at the Portland City Club, doing his pitch.

http://www.arcmontereybay.org/genera...ulo=rr31leqq27

The SOB was even a speaker this year for the Red Cross.

http://www.thesamaritanwomen.org/pre...BillHillar.pdf

http://www.thesamaritanwomen.org/staff.html

And now he's joined another board.

He is teaching a course for S.A.P.P. (yeah, are they a bunch of saps) at the University of Oregon:

http://sapp.uoregon.edu/fall_courses.asp#longcourses

http://sapp.uoregon.edu/faculty_staff.asp#billhillar
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote