Old 03-16-2017, 13:56   #1
BishopRealTalk
Asset

Boot Dilema

As I continue to prepare for SFAS, one of my pairs of boots that I was planning on taking with me to SFAS bit the dust. I am going to enlist 18X but all of my current uniforms are still ACU pattern. As I cannot find a consistent answer; will I be issued new uniforms upon enlisting in the regular Army or will they make me use my ACU's? I ask because I need to know whether to buy tan boots or coyote brown boots.

My second question is this: Are the Rocky S2V Jungle boots authorized at SFAS? I looked on the packing list but for some reason my computer will not let me pull up the list of authorized boots that they provide. Here is the link to the boots:

http://uspatriottactical.com/rocky-s...-olive-mojave/

Thanks in advance for the help.
BishopRealTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 23:26   #2
BishopRealTalk
Asset

I have found an answer to one of my questions. The jungle boots are compliant to AR 670-1 as long as they are in desert tan or coyote. They make a new enhanced version of the boot that only comes in coyote but I haven't tried it on to know which size to order. I will be going by my recruiter's office tomorrow to clarify some more details. I'll likely be ordering the new jungle boots in coyote and start breaking them in. Worst case, I'll just purchase a set or two of ACU's in the OCP.

As of today, boots are the least of my issues. I now have one recruiter telling my I have to reenlist 11B and I have another telling me 18X is still available. I don't mind going 11B and dropping a selection packet but I would absolutely love having Airborne and the SFPC under my belt before I start.

Thanks to all who have read this so far. I'll update tomorrow when I leave the recruiter's office.
BishopRealTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:16   #3
JDS351
Asset

Op40

Don't mean to talk out of turn or anything, and I cannot speak on whether 18x contracts are always available or not, but if what your recruiter tells you is true, what about an Op40 contract? You will be given a slot for both Airborne and Ranger schools, and if you cant pickup a slot for SFAS, that would put you far ahead by the time you did.
JDS351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 20:50   #4
VVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS351 View Post
Don't mean to talk out of turn or anything, and I cannot speak on whether 18x contracts are always available or not, but if what your recruiter tells you is true, what about an Op40 contract? You will be given a slot for both Airborne and Ranger schools, and if you cant pickup a slot for SFAS, that would put you far ahead by the time you did.
Unless a drastic change has taken place Ranger School is not part of OP40 enlistments.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:14   #5
S2theM
Asset

Your giving the army x amount of years of your life. My advice, do what you want to do. Go the X-ray route, if that doesn't work out then become an 11b be a superb soldier and either go for ranger or go back to sfas! As for your other question, you will be given new uniforms at basic and regular army requires your boots to be the coyote brown with the new pattern but don't plan on wearing high speed boots through basic. And depending on when you are enlisting you may be able to wear your acus through selection which I suggest because those uniforms will be trashed! So as long as you make it to selection prior to September 2019 you should be good!
S2theM is offline   Reply With Quote