Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 04-03-2018, 20:51   #16
Texas_Shooter
SF Candidate

Bush Administration

They put National Guard on the border during the Bush Administration http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051400773.html. Look how well that worked out. Plus I'm pretty sure all they were able to do was point and call the border patrol to come and pick them up. More Border Patrol Agents is what we need. Federal Deputized agents that can make arrests.
Texas_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 21:25   #17
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

DETER U S BORDER INVASION:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Who said they are there to arrest someone?
THE C I A's Special Activities Division, could sheep dip the Drone Pilots based in Las Vegas and demonstrate the Hell Fire Missile's accuracy as a deterrent....SERIOUSLY what can be done to stop this bullshit of illegal immigration supported by the Mexican Gov. who are now transporting the Central American invaders through Mexico to the U S Border....
Old 04-03-2018, 21:35   #18
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Who said they are there to arrest someone?
Exactly. Those willing to actually cross the border get passed off to the BP agents standing behind them. This is a foreign invasion. What does the oath say?

Quote:
The wordings of the current oath of enlistment and oath for commissioned officers are as follows:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
Does the Posse Comitatus Act supersede the oaths taken in all circumstances? Is an illegal alien crossing our border covered? They are not. If we don't protect our borders, we will eventually be protecting our homes.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 21:35   #19
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucko View Post
We can help other countries defend their borders, why can't the NG defend ours against threats especially if the border Patrol is getting overwhelmed by outsiders.

We listened to lawyers during the last administration and I am sick of them.
I agree with you but aren't we using the military to enforce law if we do this? enforcing law is a law enforcement job but capturing unknowns at the border and holding them for the border patrol sounds good let them do the paperwork and NG do the patrolling and capture/denial operations. I am all down with placing the military in positions to fight off cartel harassment like Nogales and other places I feel the military may be better suited for those fights than the ICE/DEA/Border Patrol after all most of these Cartel muscle/trigger men are military trained or ex-military like the Zetas...come to think of it the border patrol and DEA love it when they can recruit ex-military the transition is easy and they reap the benefits of military trained tactical types. I think the only trick here to educate the citizenry on the difference and that placing military to guard its borders is not only constitutional but its intended purpose of the well armed militia as the forefathers saw it it is in our Oath.

The deterrence of lightly armed Feds fighting military trained Cartel strongmen is not much of one but place the combat patrols on the border with Infantry and you have an over-matched group of thugs getting their ass handed to them with military tactics and battle drills now that is a deterrent. Kind of like the difference between Tacoma PD targeting gangs and drug dealers but Rangers doing to fighting....the Crips have not been a force on hilltop ever since and the ranger still lives in the same house....the cops have never publicly admitted to any dead gangbangers from the incident but I have a hard time 2/75 studs didn't kill at least 1 or 2.

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 04-03-2018 at 21:45.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 21:58   #20
PSM
Area Commander

Mark Levin, a Constitutional scholar/lawyer addressed the Posse Comitatus Act tonite here: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Conserva...icid=120705921

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 23:04   #21
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Given that the discussion on the part of the WH seems to be revolving around National Security v. Immigration, I'm curious as to what our resident attorneys think of this:

http://www.endusmilitarism.org/PDF/m..._USC_4001a.pdf

The argument seems to be that, since the President is C-in-C, he has the authority to "detain" (wherever) enemy combatants (referring to the authorization of the use of military force).

So, as I understand it (laymans terms), an example might be members of the US Military observes group of people crossing the international border and detains them (meanwhile contacts USBP) IOT sort out if any of them are AQ, NK, ISIS, whatever. USBP shows up and, once DOD sorts out none are enemy combatants, CBP takes over.

Thoughts?

PS- It looks like (to me) it is authorized in T10 USC, Subtitle A, Part I, Ch. 15 (Military support to civilian law enforcement agencies), Front Matter (Department of Defense Authority To Provide Assistance To Secure the Southern Land Border of the United States)
link: http://uscode.house.gov/browse/preli...edition=prelim

Last edited by sinjefe; 04-04-2018 at 01:18.
sinjefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:09   #22
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Who said it was going to be AD?

You know the drug cartels are pissed as are then "American" border town police and politicians who take the cartel bribes.
No "said"... I do believe that most people who read the headline are assuming AD since they do not appreciate the nuance of AD as opposed to NG and Title 10 - Title 32.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:20   #23
Box
Quiet Professional

JTF-6 activities always progressed under the veil of counter-drug ops; using active duty military to conduct active LE duties against US citizens was always a Posse Comitatus nightmare and like Ret10Echo said, the result was countless hours of ridiculously over engineered legal briefings about ROE and Posse Comitatus.

I think using active duty troops opens a 'Yuge' can of worms but it seems like Posse Comitatus concerns would be a little different in the case of immigration control. It would certainly be argued by the administration that troops are being used to actively defend against foreign invaders. It could also be argued by the opposition that such a deployment of resources would be done purely to enforce domestic immigration policy.

As others have already stated, Posse Comitatus doesn't apply the National Guard or Coast Guard. The USMC is also under different restrictions than the US Army.
Attaching a Marine corps unit to the Coast Guard and deploying USANG troops seems like a pretty convenient way around posse comitatus -

Seems like a slippery slope considering the US Border Patrol has a hard time enforcing the law as it is and they are quite literally THE.US.BORDER.PATROL.
...activists judges and corrupt state legislators will expend every effort to undermine any effort to secure the nations borders

Inertesting times to be an American citizen.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:33   #24
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Kind of like the difference between Tacoma PD targeting gangs and drug dealers but Rangers doing to fighting....the Crips have not been a force on hilltop ever since and the ranger still lives in the same house....the cops have never publicly admitted to any dead gangbangers from the incident but I have a hard time 2/75 studs didn't kill at least 1 or 2.
Ah, yes. The Hilltop exchange. Remembering that incident brings a smile to my face. No, I, like most of the guys, didn't get to take part in it. But it sure was fun seeing and hearing all the positive feedback from the public and then watch how the CoC had no choice but to go easy on the guys involved or else face a PR nightmare.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:37   #25
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoering View Post
In Sacramento? Yes.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:51   #26
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Civil disturbance means acts of violence and disorder prejudicial to the public law and order. It includes acts such as riots, acts of violence, insurrections, unlawful obstructions or assemblages, or other disorders prejudicial to public law and order. It also includes all domestic conditions requiring or likely to require the use of federal armed forces.

The NG has been involved with a Civil Disturbance protocol for a long time, I'd say at the very least illegal border activity fits these descriptions.

Perhaps we just need to define a disputed zone, Immigration has increased our population and it could be argued we need to manifest some destiny once again. Zachary Taylor would have approved

https://www.history.com/topics/mexican-american-war

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:00   #27
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Black Jack Pursing didn't seem to get hung up on crossing the border when he chased Poncho?

https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/...urgent-leader/

I do not see this as a big deal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pershing-Villa.jpg (76.7 KB, 36 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:59   #28
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

What's coming out in the media...

Enjoy this quote
Quote:
Richard Barlow, then a top Border Patrol official in San Diego, said their success as lookouts varied because they were unarmed and needed protection in more dangerous areas.

“They aren’t allowed to have contact (with people arrested), so they’re basically eyes,” Barlow said.
Full story HERE

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 13:25   #29
bblhead672
Area Commander

Ran across this in my interweb journeys today.

US Army on the Mexican Border, A Historical Perspective

Quote:
Since the mid-19th century, the United States has frequently employed
the US Army on its southern border to perform various roles in support of
the Nation—from outright war, to patrolling the border, to chasing bandits
while securing persons and property on both sides of the border, and most
recently to supporting civil law enforcement and antidrug efforts. Events
since 9/11, such as the recent deployment of National Guard Soldiers to
the Mexican border, are only the latest manifestation of this long tradition.
This 22nd Occasional Paper in the Combat Studies Institute (CSI) Long
War Series, The US Army on the Mexican Border: A Historical Perspective,
by CSI historian Matt M. Matthews, reviews the lengthy history of the
US Army on the Mexican border and highlights recurring themes that are
relevant to today’s ongoing border security mission.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 15:56   #30
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
What's coming out in the media...

Enjoy this quote

Full story HERE
Funny, how I remembered the Border Patrol/US Forest Service/ DEA all calling Special Forces in the 90’s requesting our presence on the border, in the forest, and leading the way to drug cartel factories and all for the very same reason, they were too scared to do it themselves, it was too dangerous.

I also remember the lads we sent to the US border reporting low flying aircraft coming from Mexico into the United States and when reported to the feds, nothing.

Just watched a “new” documentary on netflix concerning the hunt for pabalo escobar, the documentary stated the DEA “did it all” and not a single mention of US Army Special Operations involvement………….

I’m thinking the left-wing would like all the sheeple to think the “feds” are the absolute best at what they do.

Until it gets dangerous…….. then they call in Special Operations. Don’t believe me? Two words, “Waco Texas”. This time the FBI/ATF brought in Special Operations because it was “too dangerous”.

Wonder how long it will take before some national guardsmen and border patrol agents are once again caught taking bribes. Seems to happen every time the guard is sent to the border.

The stories we and JTF-6 could tell............