Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > General Medical

Old 11-21-2014, 21:03   #16
Requiem
Guerrilla Chief

What you really want is a bunch of PTSD victims turned psychotic due to their medical (or not) marijuana.

Some studies suggest that MJ may trigger schizophrenia in users. Other studies say, no. But do you really want to take that kind of chance?

We've been dealing with a foster-child in our care who has a penchant for smoking pot. She has been diagnosed with schizophrenia that manifest itself around the time she began smoking. Coincidence? Maybe. The disease begins to show up in people in their teens anyway. But perhaps she could have avoided it completely.

S.
Old 11-21-2014, 21:14   #17
alelks
Quiet Professional

Never done any kind of drugs and don't plan to start but honestly they should legalize it.

I mean prohibition didn't work for alcohol and many crimes are committed by people under the influence of alcohol.

From what I've seen POT mellows people out. Can't say that about the majority of people who drink. Plus there have been some GREAT results using oils from Marijuana that have had the THC(s) (the part that makes you high) removed. It's actually amazing how it works so well for small children who have seizures or other diseases it seems to control the effects of. Do a search and watch some of the videos and I think you'd agree.

Legalize it and tax it is what I would recommend. Just think of how much room we'd open up in our prisons for people who commit much worse crimes. Heck, we could fill them up with our politicians if nothing else.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 21:24   #18
alelks
Quiet Professional

Forgot to add. Drug companies don't want to discover a cure for cancer as they would loose all the profit they are making for treating cancer (not curing it).

Here's an interesting article. Take it with a grain of salt but it's not the only article. Heck we don't even have food in our supermarkets now, we have genetically altered processed foods.

http://drleonardcoldwell.com/2014/04...omment-page-1/

Did you guys realize that some of the major wheat growers put Roundup on their crops a few days prior to harvesting to speed things up. That can't be good for us. At least it's better than the paraquat some use.

I'm listening to an audio book called Grain Brain right now that is very interesting.

Last edited by alelks; 11-21-2014 at 21:26.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote