Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 02-27-2005, 22:08   #31
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey14
I have a 4D Maglite. Relatively cheap and I can use it as a baton if needed. Space and weight arn't a problem for me.
I think you would be surprised, unless you need an impact weapon and prefer to use your light for that.

Air.177:

Too expensive for a KL4 head.

Might as well buy an L4 and sell the 6P.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 22:16   #32
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
I think you would be surprised, unless you need an impact weapon and prefer to use your light for that.

Air.177:

Too expensive for a KL4 head.

Might as well buy an L4 and sell the 6P.

TR
TR,
All due respect sir, the KL5 head is more expensive than the KL4
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 22:26   #33
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air.177
TR,
All due respect sir, the KL5 head is more expensive than the KL4
So why not replace it with an L4?

Same batteries, same LED head, no conversion required.

Make the 6P a vehicle light or a backup.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 02-28-2005, 00:22   #34
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Quote:

TR
Well I'm not allowed to carry anything deemed offensive, but the biggest heaviest torch is perfectly legal

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 22:53   #35
L51
Asset

You can never go wrong with Surefire lights. I have a Z2, G2Z, E2e, and a X200 for my SA Operator. I met Ichiro Nagata on Saturday and after seeing his L2, I went out and bought one today. I really like the two stage capability.
L51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 23:16   #36
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by L51
You can never go wrong with Surefire lights. I have a Z2, G2Z, E2e, and a X200 for my SA Operator. I met Ichiro Nagata on Saturday and after seeing his L2, I went out and bought one today. I really like the two stage capability.
Ichiro is a wild man, isn't he?

TR

Old 03-01-2005, 06:36   #37
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Cool compare and contrast sight here

TR,

Sir, have you had a chance to check out the surefire U2 yet? If so what are your impressions of it?
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:03   #38
Para
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacamuelas
Edit to add: This thread makes me think we need a ....
[coughing disguise]
GROUPBUY [/cough]
Well you should have been hangin' around in 3rd's AO over the last few months for their "Warrior Kit" issue. Got the 6P and M951P amongst the Suunto, eTrex, leatherman, Peltor Liberator, Kelty, etc...
We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air with all our might and all our strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I answer in one word: Victory Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Winston Churchill
Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:19   #39
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

U2 is okay, but is a bit bulky. I prefer the smaller two-stage lights.

Para, I would love to see a list of what they are passing out for gear.

TR

Old 03-01-2005, 09:44   #40
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
U2 is okay, but is a bit bulky. I prefer the smaller two-stage lights.

Para, I would love to see a list of what they are passing out for gear.

TR
I was thinking about using it as a general purpose duty light. I'm using an M2 now but I hate having to buy bulbs and batteries for it.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:46   #41
Para
Quiet Professional

Let's see:

Suunto Vector
Surefire 6P and M951P (rail mount version)
Garmin eTrex
Crimson Trace laser grips
Safariland holster (although they bought the Sig version and not the Beretta)
Petzl headlamp
Peltor TCI Liberator
Leatherman Supertool
Kelty MAP 3500
Elbow and knee pads
Hatch Operator Shorty gloves
Blackhawk CQB belt
Wiley X goggles

Next round is suppose to include:

the ACU compliment
Oakley boots
Lowa boots
Eagle CIRAS (that 7th Group got from us as they deployed)
We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air with all our might and all our strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I answer in one word: Victory Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Winston Churchill
Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 15:44   #42
L51
Asset

Quote:
Ichiro is a wild man, isn't he?

TR
He was pretty quiet all day. He didn't shoot that day because he was Takinge pictures for an article that Scotty wrote for the upcoming Combat Tactics magazine that Surefire/ Guns & Ammo put out. He did show me some of the low-light stuff that they are teaching at the Surefire Institute. I will say that from what I saw, the man has some skills....

Anyone been to the Surefire Institute?
L51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 15:53   #43
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by L51

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 16:07   #44
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by L51

Yeah, I have been to one or two of their classes.

Did you have a question about anything in particular?

TR

Old 03-01-2005, 16:19   #45
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by L51
Yes.

TS
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote