Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-20-2010, 18:10   #1
nmap
Area Commander

TSA and Catholic Nun

Presented for information purposes. Comment withheld. Photo attached for archival purposes.

LINK

Sublime irony: Muslim TSA guard feels Catholic nun’s genitals

Muslim TSA security guard searches Catholic nun’s groin for bombs and weapons

As the outcry over virtual strip searches and genital feeling by minimum wage TSA airline security guards grows, this photo from Drudge Report really says it all.

Matt Drudge captioned the photo “The Terrorists have won” and I quite agree with him.

It’s totally out of control. If you had to pick the risk factor in that photo, which person is the most likely to be a threat to commercial air travel?

That’s right, Islamic Supremacists are the risk. How do you tell them apart from normal non-threatening Muslims? I don’t know, but I do know that feeling the genitals of Catholic nuns and New York Jews on their way to Disneyland with the grandchildren is not the answer.

The Muslim terrorists have accomplished what they set out to do.

My family will probably not fly to or through the USA again for some time. If the Brooklyn relatives want to visit us, they are welcome anytime – but Shona and I will not inflict flying upon our family if we can at all help it.

I suspect that we aren’t the only ones who feel that way.

Barbados Tourism industry: prepare to take another hit because this anti-flying feeling is turning into a movement in Europe and the USA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tsa-groin-search-nun.jpg (18.6 KB, 155 views)

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 18:46   #2
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

I can not think of a worse scenario other then TSA protecting the Airlines
Old 11-20-2010, 19:22   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
For some reason, I believe the photo is doctored..

There are lots of blog rants about the pic and I did read it on Drudge, but it's disappeared from Matt's site.

Several references to this being a 2007 photo in the Detroit AP.

The September 20, 2007 photo entitled “Morning in America” was taken by Dean Shaddock

Quote:
This was captured as I collected my things from airport security (Detroit Metro Concourse A). I think of it as something like a Rorschach test. Is an elderly Catholic nun being frisked by a Muslim security agent the celebration of blind justice? Or is it simply an admission of absurdity?
Additionally Drudge didn't write the article, it's from Barbados Free Press. Drudge often acts as a platform to point at other's articles and he rarely suggests that you read with a grain of salt..

Given the absurdity of the picture,,

I think Big SIS is wrong on so many levels. A bureaucrat with no boundaries...

Randomly singling out Nuns, Lactating mothers, & post Cancer patients with prosthetic breast implants,, is very very wrong...

Letting Muslims work for the TSA is equally wrong..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 20:07   #4
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
For some reason, I believe the photo is doctored..
My thinking, too. If not doctored, at least not recent. She's wearing the old white TSA blouse.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 11-20-2010 at 20:11.
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:01   #5
Irish_Army01
Guerrilla

I see you TSA and Catholic Nun and raise ya...

Tsa Confiscates Nail Clippers From Us Soldier, But Everyone On Flight Armed . .

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/1...r-tsa-outrage/

As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following:

When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards.

Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard. That’s where the stupid started.

First, everyone was forced to get off the plane–even though the plane wasn’t refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.

It’s probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren’t loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.

The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it reinspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to reinspect our Cargo–just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, reinspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.

This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.

So we’re in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they’re going to confiscate his nail clippers. The conversation went something like this:

TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country.

TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I’ll buy you a new set.

Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]

This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns–but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.
Irish_Army01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:48   #6
nmap
Area Commander

And along that same line....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQTz1bccL4

strip searching a child.

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:15   #7
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmap View Post

strip searching a child.
This is so f**king ridicules regarding that child's strip
search by those a**holes........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:20   #8
Pete
Quiet Professional

strip searching a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmap View Post

strip searching a child.
Sounds like the perfect job for a gay person of child molester.

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/civilr...employees.shtm

Get to feel up the kiddies - and be protected by the government when you do it - plus be able to slap an $11,000 fine on parents that object.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:24   #9
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
...strip searching a child.
Anybody know the 'context' for how that one came about?

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:24   #10
Habu-MFFI 175
Quiet Professional

Red face

Seems like we are being victimized by our own government.

Now we just need another jerk to get something thru the screening and stop and laugh out thru the media about it, then they will add more and more screening measures.

Lets all show up with jock straps and flip flops... just for the package checkers.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:26   #11
Pete
Quiet Professional

The screener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Anybody know the 'context' for how that one came about?

Richard
Yeah, the screener saw a terrorist with a suicide belt around his waist and knew he had to do something so he strip searched the kid.

Can't be doing any profiling now - can we?
Old 11-21-2010, 09:50   #12
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
http://tv.gawker.com/5695349/snl-ima...as-sex-workers

We could let SNL run the groping booth??

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:39   #13
Richard
Quiet Professional

I'm just wondering whether 'anybody' actually knows just why the kid in the video was being searched?

There may have been a logical reason for it - e.g., he set the scanner off when he went through it (you can see he had to have gone through it) and then set off the hand-held scanner, too.

But does anyone know the reason for this search?

And another issue about this 'no context' situation - I thought it was against the law to take photos/videos of security screening areas like this at airports.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:47   #14
Pete
Quiet Professional

Well, there is this......

Quote:
I'm just wondering whether 'anybody' actually knows just why the kid in the video was being searched? ......

"......Lets get the facts straight first. Before the video started the boy went through a metal detector and didn’t set it off but was selected for a pat down. The boy was shy so the TSA couldn’t complete the full pat on the young boy. The father tried several times to just hold the boys arms out for the TSA agent but i guess it didn’t end up being enough for the guy. I was about 30 ft away so i couldn’t hear their conversation if there was any. The enraged father pulled his son shirt off and gave it to the TSA agent to search, thats when this video begins........"

Which is from a blog talking about the issue at hand - well in the TSA agent's hand so to say.

http://www.therightscoop.com/tsa-mak...uring-pat-down

Another link with similar info - http://wireupdate.com/wires/12559/sh...by-tsa-agents/

But to be fair - I don't think its clear if the talker was the filmer.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:51   #15
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
I'm just wondering whether 'anybody' actually knows just why the kid in the video was being searched?

There may have been a logical reason for it - e.g., he set the scanner off when he went through it (you can see he had to have gone through it) and then set off the hand-held scanner, too.

But does anyone know the reason for this search?

And another issue about this 'no context' situation - I thought it was against the law to take photos/videos of security screening areas like this at airports.

Richard
Too busy searching nuns and small children to worry about anyone potentially doing surveillance. Why bother worrying about an issue before it happens?

That being said, I'd like to know the context of the child search, as well as the level of background checks on TSA employees doing said searches.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Masochist is offline   Reply With Quote