Old 07-01-2018, 05:57   #1
EricV
Guerrilla

Iran

Protesters shooting back in Iran. https://twitter.com/BabakTaghvaee/st...67747616866304

Send in the A Teams
Old 07-01-2018, 08:15   #2
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

How DARE the disarmed masses ARM themselves to resist the tyranny of the government!

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:05   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
Protesters shooting back in Iran. https://twitter.com/BabakTaghvaee/st...67747616866304

Send in the A Teams
And miss on a win-win,,
Nope
Just send ammo,
They are more than capable of destroying themselves.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:47   #4
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

If we're going to talk about tyrannical governments in Iran, lets talk about Reza Shah's 40 year rule. Due to the Cold War policy of containment during the 1950's, the U.S. thought it was best to disrupt Iranian elections putting in a standing Monarch. What do you think the Shah did to maintain that rule for decades? Mass political prisoners and secret police trained by CIA and Isreali Mossad. So here we had an illegitimate monarch, with secret police, coupling the Shah's White Revolution of "land reform" attempting to create a peasent class for his base support, and no wonder you had Iranians turn to political Islam. Our beef with modern Iran stems from a Cold War blow back.

Now fast forward, here we have Iranian protesters. Does anyone know the full story of any of them? We have our violent left wing anti-Trump protesters here. We all know they're baseless loonies, but I bet some overseas media claim them to be legitimate "freedom" fighters. In this very thread we could be doing the very same thing, drawing immediate conclusions with these protesters. They could very well be the same looney protesters we deal with here in the states. Of course western media will paint these Iranians as heroes. Our social media manipulated by the the big 3 letter agencies will prompt them up as heroes as well. These are to be kept in mind in today's modern technological era, especially knowing how today's grass roots empowerments are used as tools for information warfare.

Iranians can currently emigrate leaving the country whenever they please and hold elections with multiple parties, by original definition that's not much of a tyranny.

Where I'm getting with all this is not a single U.S. asset, troop, A-Team, bullets whatever go into this developing situation. It will only prolonge, complicate things, and create another migrant movement, all you have to do is look at the Lebonese Civil War, and current Syria as examples.

In any case whatever the U.S. decidedes to do I hope we prevail. We need fighters and the suppliers, but let's also fix understand some things as well.

Edit to add as well, I will always have a sworn allegiance to this country. I know my views on Iran may not be mainstream. I don't won't anyone to think I'm siding with an enemy. I just believe don't believe things to be as black and white.

BMT

Last edited by Mustang Man; 07-01-2018 at 12:00.
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote