Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-30-2018, 16:07   #16
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
There have been a bunch of MSM espousing and pontificating on the little fat guy's reason.

1)Many think that his bomb test site has gotten so contaminated, that the area used is permanently useless, not unlike Japan's Fukushima Daiichi and Russian's Chernobyl site.

2)Others say he has terminal diseases and needs mode meds than NK has.

My conundrum is
1)do you replace him with another NK despot, and leave them as separate identities?
2)or try to merge NK into SK?

1) No ones heard of "underground" testing?

and

2) Hi I'm Bill Gates, do you really think there's a drug or procedure I cannot procure?

What have you been watching ? CNN, or "the view" ?

Old 05-01-2018, 05:13   #17
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
1) No ones heard of "underground" testing?

and

2) Hi I'm Bill Gates, do you really think there's a drug or procedure I cannot procure?

What have you been watching ? CNN, or "the view" ?

Plus

The reports seem rational, as they built the mines in a valley with a tectonic fault down the center.

Quote:

Aljazeera

Collapse of North Korea nuclear site threatens fallout: report

Researcher tells Hong Kong-based daily collapse of Mount Mantap site may be reason for the North's suspension of tests.

25 Apr 2018

A North Korean nuclear site in the country's north has collapsed, threatening an "unprecedented risk" of radioactive fallout including in neighbouring China, the South China Morning Post (SCMP) newspaper reported.

The Hong Kong-based publication said on Wednesday that the collapse at Punggye-ri near the border with China "may" be the reason why North Korean leader Kim Jong-un declared an immediate halt of its nuclear and missile tests, according to one researcher,

The newspaper report said the test site was "wrecked" beyond repair.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...130133169.html
Quote:

The Asahi Shimbun | Asia & Japan Watch

The Asahi Shimbun Asia Korean Peninsula article

Asia Korean Peninsula

Geologists say North Korea’s nuclear test site has collapsed

April 26, 2018 at 13:35 JST

BEIJING--A study by Chinese geologists shows the mountain above North Korea's main nuclear test site has collapsed under the stress of the explosions, rendering it unsafe for further testing and necessitating monitoring for any leaking radiation.

The findings by the scientists at the University of Science and Technology of China may shed new light on North Korean President Kim Jong Un's announcement that his country was ceasing its testing program.

Nuclear explosions release enormous amounts of heat and energy, and the North's largest test in September was believed early on to have rendered the site in northeastern North Korea unstable.

The data in the latest Chinese study was collected following the most powerful of the North's six nuclear device tests on Sept. 3 that is believed to have triggered four earthquakes over the following weeks. The yield of the bomb was estimated at more than 100 kilotons of TNT, at least 10 times stronger than anything the North had tested previously. (The bomb the United States dropped on Hiroshima in 1945 had a yield of about 15 kilotons.)

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201804260021.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg es-north-korea-map-composite-inset01.jpg (71.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 12205950.jpg (233.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Fig1-Punggye-Pabian.jpg (86.0 KB, 37 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 16:53   #18
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

so you're reading reports based on middle eastern news media () and a Japanese article based on study by "Chinese" geologists.

You're soo lucky you're retired or I'd have you attending the very next O&I class........
Old 05-01-2018, 17:10   #19
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
so you're reading reports based on middle eastern news media () and a Japanese article based on study by "Chinese" geologists.

You're soo lucky you're retired or I'd have you attending the very next O&I class........
Sign me up

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:27   #20
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I still firmly believe the N Koreans never possessed a nuclear weapon and it all was saber rattling. Can we get some more "Chinese" experts to tell us different?
Old 05-02-2018, 13:03   #21
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
I still firmly believe the N Koreans never possessed a nuclear weapon and it all was saber rattling. Can we get some more "Chinese" experts to tell us different?
Interesting viewpoint.

I don’t discount it, but I ‘m focused on exchanging the work “possessed” with “developed”.

I wonder about the nexus between Pakistan and North Korea.

Personally, I rank Pakistan as a much higher threat than the somewhat predictable Mafia state of North Korea in recent decades(drug, weapons, counterfeit currency based export economy).

Much like the Israel/South Africa nuclear relationship in the 1970’s-1980’s, I suspect the Pakistan/North Korea story is an important one.

Quickly followed by the Pakistan/Saudi story speculating into the near future.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:47   #22
cbtengr
Area Commander

So the NK's gave up the 3 Americans they were holding, what are the odds that we get the Pueblo back? They have had it 50 years now, that's long enough to rub our noses in it. Trump has to be in line for the Nobel Peace Prize now. He is one up on Barry, not only was he elected president he has actually accomplished something of international significance.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:12   #23
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
Interesting viewpoint.

I don’t discount it, but I ‘m focused on exchanging the work “possessed” with “developed”.
We've discussed this before. N Korea didn't possess the intellectual capacity to build a functioning rocket capable of carrying a nuclear payload and we're to believe it actually developed a nuclear weapon?

All the "tests" were underground....... no way of detecting radioactive fallout and no way of confirming a nuclear weapon was detonated.

If I wanted my enemies to shake in fear I'd detonated a one KT weapon above ground and told the world what time it was going to occur. That way the nuclear weapon confirmation would be beyond repute.

Fat Face boy doesn't possess a nuke, just a CNN/MSNBC flare for fake information.

My .02
Old 05-12-2018, 09:14   #24
TWITCHY
Guerrilla

I’ve wondered, throughout all of this, what do they get? More specifically, what is China getting. NK is a Chinese puppet, just doing what they’re told. I think the real negotiations are between us and China. NK will get some money and aid from us, but it’s not enough to make them want to give up their nukes. Maybe the President is making some trade negotiations with China?

ETA: This is what I would consider that could be in play along with the NK negotiations.

Last edited by TWITCHY; 05-13-2018 at 18:34.
TWITCHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:07   #25
Mycroft
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWITCHY View Post
I’ve wondered, throughout all of this, what do they get? More specifically, what is China getting. NK is a Chinese puppet, just doing what they’re told. I think the real negotiations are between us and China. NK will get some money and aid from us, but it’s not enough to make them want to give up their nukes. Maybe the President is making some trade negotiations with China?

ETA: This is what I would consider that could be in play along with the NK negotiations.
China gets saved from the economic crises that Trump lobbed at them all at once.

ZTE Employed as many people as Verizon and Trump literally killed the business.

ZTE is now getting re-opened after paying 2 separate massive fines to the US, replacing their entire management structure with US managers, and agreeing to enhanced monitoring among other things.

That is but one example.

Militarily, we sent 3 carrier groups out there at the same time we were adding economic pressure and at the same time we put political pressure on N Korea.

Even if it turns out that the entire tariff game was part of Trump's game of chicken with China to get N Korea to fold, if N Korea keeps its promises of denuclearization and reunification continues to march on I will consider Trump to be one of the greatest presidents of my lifetime.

Last edited by Mycroft; 06-28-2018 at 14:19. Reason: Terminology correction
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote