Old 08-21-2011, 10:01   #16
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I have orders awarding me an SF Tab and making me an 18A.

Does he?

TR
You also have orders saying you were to take command of a SF ODA, take command of a SF Battalion, and serves as a Special Forces soldiers for a period of "X" months in a command position and at the pleasure of the United States Army.

--------BT------------

Oh's record, poorly written. He should have just stated the truth.

"After completion of OCS, and IOBC (11A), I singed up for Special Forces. I attended SFAS, and was not selected to continue in the training 'pipe line'.

I returned home and continued my education and civilian practice, I'm currently running for public office. Please vote for me."

----------BT-----------

But that would not make much sense, since any news is good news, and it allows someone to talk more about themselves, which is what every politico is attempting.

Last edited by wet dog; 08-21-2011 at 10:03.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:09   #17
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
For colmurph.

PS.com has been aware of and tracking Mr Oh since May 2011. We don't "hijack" poser threads. In fact we drop many cases when they are busted out by others.
And Professionalsoldiers.com sent for and are in possession of David Oh's military records since Jun 2011. Now colmurph, what might that suggest to you?

Let me tell you a Professionalsoldiers.com secret, at any given moment we are tracking a few dozen "suspected" Special Forces Frauds. Some turn out to be the real deal! Some like David Oh turn out to be frauds.

We don't "highjack" threads.

Team Sergeant
Old 08-21-2011, 11:46   #18
x SF med
Quiet Professional

What part of "NON SELECT" to continue training is hard to understand when discussing whether one has earned the right to call himself a Special Forces Soldier? If one is not selected to continue training in the QUALIFICATION Course, how does that individual earn the right to wear the Tab or call himself Special Forces.

Mr. Oh, your logic circuits are malfunctioning.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:33   #19
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh facebook page

David Oh facebook page, he's calling us "sensitive".

http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Oh/129058423834067

You Special Forces soldiers, Please go and tell David Oh what you think of his using out title.

Team Sergeant

Edit to add: You must first "Like" the page before you can comment.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:38   #20
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Thumbs down nothing quite like painting with a broad brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Well that's a new one on me, obviously National Guard Special Forces and "active duty" Special Forces have two completely different views on Special Forces Qualification..........
That statement is horseshit, TS. And you know it.

As a current NG officer who has served over 21 years in total... 16 of those years being SF Qualified and associated with Active and NG SF. I cannot stand silent in the face of that statement...

I resent the broad-brush insinuation that just because someone is serving or has served in the NG that they somehow hold being Special Forces qualified somehow more cheaply than those who are currently "active duty" or those with active duty time that never served in the NG. The NG SF wounded don't deserve it, our dead don't deserve it and those that continue to stand ready in our formations, oftentimes needing to sign volunteer statements simply to be allowed to deploy with their units, don't deserve it.

Besides... if one were to read the article more closely the one person defending Oh, is never reported to be a COL. He is reported to be former SF in Vietnam who then served in 20th. So I guess we need to assume that some other groups beyond "National Guard Special Forces" have a different view of SF Qualification. Right?

Wrong. That would be as horseshit as the first generalization.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:42   #21
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post

As a current NG officer who has served over 21 years in total... 16 of those years being SF Qualified and associated with Active and NG SF. I cannot stand silent in the face of that statement...

I resent the broad-brush insinuation that just because someone is serving or has served in the NG that they somehow hold being Special Forces qualified somehow more cheaply than those who are currently "active duty" or those with active duty time that never served in the NG. The NG SF wounded don't deserve it, our dead don't deserve it and those that continue to stand ready in our formations, oftentimes needing to sign volunteer statements simply to be allowed to deploy with their units, don't deserve it.

Besides... if one were to read the article more closely the one person defending Oh, is never reported to be a COL. He is reported to be former SF in Vietnam who then served in 20th. So I guess we need to assume that some other groups beyond "National Guard Special Forces" have a different view of SF Qualification. Right?

I think he was being sarcastic...

Great pic of your Boxer BTW. I love Boxers

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:51   #22
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:

I didn't think I needed the pink font.......

I'm glad you're pissed. Now that we're on the same sheet of music I would expect the National Guard SF to rip this politician a new rear end.
20th Group needs to make a statement and explain how and why this clown was slotted as an 18A. And why he would NEVER be considered a Special Forces Officer, 18A or Green Beret.....
Old 08-21-2011, 13:01   #23
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
David Oh facebook page, he's calling us "sensitive".

http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Oh/129058423834067

You Special Forces soldiers, Please go and tell David Oh what you think of his using out title.

Team Sergeant

Edit to add: You must first "Like" the page before you can comment.
Highly entertaining material.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 13:03   #24
Richard
Quiet Professional

From David Oh's Facebook page:

Quote:
As I was writing my response to the Newspaper, I suddenly realized what you are talking about. You are using Green Beret, as in SF Qualified, and I am using green beret, as in eveyone in the SF commuity regardless of SF Tab. You are using Special Forces officer as in SF Qualified Officer and I am using it as any officer who served in an SF unit. I simply listed my service on my resume and literature. It can easily say "Officer (not SF Qualifed), 20th Special Forces Group (Airborne)". Is this what this has been all about??? A simple note would have sufficed. I have many SF friends but no one mentioned it to me and I never thought of it any other way. Can be cleared up relatively quickly... new literature and such. This is such a non-issue. I am proud of my service without being SF Qualified. I did not intended to create any other impression. I hope that resolves your issue. My issue as I said is the election and the accusations from the reporter. You are operating at level of sensitivity to terms that almost no one else has. For the nuances in terms to the average reader, that we are talking about, accusations of fraud and misrepresentation of military service are unwarranted and improper.

That's about the biggest pile of weasel-worded equus hemionus hemionus waste materrial I've run across lately.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 13:16   #25
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I didn't think I needed the pink font.......

I'm glad you're pissed. Now that we're on the same sheet of music I would expect the National Guard SF to rip this politician a new rear end.
20th Group needs to make a statement and explain how and why this clown was slotted as an 18A. And why he would NEVER be considered a Special Forces Officer, 18A or Green Beret.....
Roger, Team Sergeant!

I'll close my eyes, hug myself, and imagine it is you.

I'll be all better in a minute.
Old 08-21-2011, 13:44   #26
Guy
Quiet Professional

Question

Quote:
You are using Green Beret, as in SF Qualified, and I am using green beret, as in eveyone in the SF commuity regardless of SF Tab. You are using Special Forces officer as in SF Qualified Officer and I am using it as any officer who served in an SF unit.
WHAT THE F***?

Stay safe.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 13:51   #27
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Yeah, I read sarcasm also

Oh is dissembling. Making it sound as if their are many different interpretations of what SF means.
Old 08-21-2011, 13:51   #28
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
WHAT THE F***?
Dude is a politician AND a lawyer...

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 14:28   #29
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh Green Beret

I wonder where Glenn Devitt got that information? We all know David said he was NOT Special Forces Qualified.????????

Funny this is posted on David Oh's website:

"David Oh has served this nation as a Green Beret, served this city as an Assistant District Attorney and served his community as a community leader."
Glenn Devitt
President, United Northeast Neighbors

http://www.davidoh.org/
Old 08-21-2011, 15:24   #30
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US View Post
Dude is a politician AND a lawyer...
Yeah that is so messed up, especially the second part.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote