Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 3rd Special Forces Group

Old 04-17-2019, 18:43   #16
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

The update reads IMO like a college age group that got drunk and out of hand....wasn't Melgar with another GB? was this guy disloyal to his partner?
Old 04-17-2019, 21:48   #17
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Gotta make sure to mention who was PH recipients to somehow try to soften the narrative.

Does Leavenworth have a good gym and tanning facility?
Old 06-06-2019, 07:47   #18
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
[RANT]
Fuck the squeals and the rubber duck they rode in on

The squeals Chain of Command have been dragging their flippers in the hopes the public will lose interest and this murder will all disappear on the outgoing tide.

These four AH's MURDERED SSG Melgar and their COC has tried to cover it up, FOR TWO(2) YEARS

Well, it isn't and it won't.

Post to your social media of choice
Post to your swamp critters
Post to any & all

[/RANT]

Quote:

Two U.S. Navy SEALs and two Marines are charged in the death of Army Staff Sergeant Logan Melgar, who was killed in Mali in 2017. (Reuters)
By Dan Lamothe
June 5 at 2:11 PM

Four elite U.S. Special Operations troops charged in the death of a Green Beret soldier in Mali plotted to record him being sexually assaulted as part of a plan to embarrass him through hazing, according to one of the accused service members.

Marine Staff Sgt. Kevin Maxwell said in a written stipulation of facts submitted for the case that the plan included bursting into Army Staff Sgt. Logan Melgar’s bedroom in the capital city of Bamako with a sledgehammer, choking him until he fell unconscious, tying him up and recording the sexual assault on video. The service members involved had just returned from a night of drinking, he said.

Those statements in part match the testimony of Chief Special Warfare Operator Adam C. Matthews, a former member of the Navy’s SEAL Team 6, who pleaded guilty in the case last month.

But Maxwell, a Marine Raider who was in Bamako to assist the SEALs, also told authorities about the sexual assault plan, according to the stipulation. A copy of it was obtained by The Washington Post and verified with two sources who are familiar with the investigation. They did so on the condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the matter.

The four service members charged in the case were joined in the room by a Malian security guard and a British man who had befriended the Americans, Maxwell told authorities. The security guard was to carry out the sexual assault, while the British national planned to record it on a cellphone, Maxwell wrote. Those accusations have not previously been disclosed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.f77fbe51db46

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 06-06-2019 at 09:07.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:48   #19
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
The update reads IMO like a college age group that got drunk and out of hand....wasn't Melgar with another GB? was this guy disloyal to his partner?
The part of this that makes me the maddest is the fact that it almost appears that they had to "get drunk" in order to carry out something they had planned. For some reason -- and it may just be me -- there seems to be more to this story than what they are admitting to. People get drunk all the time, but they don't do things like this. I've been wrong plenty of times before, and may be in this case as well, but it just seems like more than a "drunken accident."

Last edited by Sohei; 06-06-2019 at 09:02.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:14   #20
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge2 View Post
The part of this that makes me the maddest is the fact that it almost appears that they had to "get drunk" in order to carry out something they had planned. For some reason -- and it may just be me -- there seems to be more to this story than what they are admitting to. People get drunk all the time, but they don't do things like this. I've been wrong plenty of times before, and may be in this case as well, but it just seems like more than a "drunken accident."
More than one news source has published that there were funds stolen and SSG Melgar was about to report it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/seals-...melgars-murder

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/u...li-melgar.html

This was not a drunken ACCIDENT that went South.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:21   #21
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
More than one news source has published that there were funds stolen and SSG Melgar was about to report it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/seals-...melgars-murder

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/u...li-melgar.html

This was not a drunken ACCIDENT that went South.
Yes sir, I remember those allegations being shown early on during the investigation. It's as though those have taken a back seat currently and more emphasis is being placed on their being drunk and things getting out of hand. If the claims concerning the money were true, it needs to be known and shown that these guys are more than drunken idiots and are criminals who executed a plan to take care of the person they felt was going to reveal their crimes. For all we know, their drunk story is simply their conceived "alibi". I tend to overthink these things, but that comes after investigating homicides for 30 years.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:28   #22
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
If the claims concerning the money were true,
Where is ‎Julian Assange?

Old 06-06-2019, 09:38   #23
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Where is ‎Julian Assange?
That one is too far off for me these days....
Old 06-06-2019, 15:28   #24
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Yes sir, I remember those allegations being shown early on during the investigation. It's as though those have taken a back seat currently and more emphasis is being placed on their being drunk and things getting out of hand. If the claims concerning the money were true, it needs to be known and shown that these guys are more than drunken idiots and are criminals who executed a plan to take care of the person they felt was going to reveal their crimes. For all we know, their drunk story is simply their conceived "alibi". I tend to overthink these things, but that comes after investigating homicides for 30 years.
Yes... all these guys are guilty. The "drunk prank" story is likely damage control.. and takes decades off of prison sentences. Whether they intended to kill or not.. .they killed. IF for the purpose of intimidation to cover up a crime then that is a whole different ballgame.
Old 06-06-2019, 18:22   #25
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

How it all comes together...

This is my theory:

The SEALs and their Marine buddies knew they'd be totally screwed (UCMJ and more) once Melgar came out with the disclosure of the stolen OPFUND.

They needed something to put over his head to blackmail him into not reporting their illegal acts. So, they decide to choke him into unconsciousness, have those dirt bags film that video of him, and then present this to him as a quid-pro-quo (i.e., you don't tell on us and this video does not get out).

This is the reason they had to involve two others who were not going to be identifiable to any one in any of the units. The logic behind this is easy. Once Melgar was shown the sexual assault video, if the offenders in the assault were the SEALs or the Marines, they'd be implicated and just as guilty. But, if the video just showed some random guy no one has ever seen, then Melgar would have to consider the embarrassment the video would bring him, and only him.

This is how the OPFUND allegation, and the frat-boy night time stunt fit in together in this arc of a story. They were covering up a criminal act (trying to) and it went way wrong and now, they are facing murder charges, plus they stole one of our best brothers in the process. So yeah, fuck them. Those units need a definite overhaul.
Old 06-06-2019, 18:43   #26
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenshukai View Post
This is my theory:

The SEALs and their Marine buddies knew they'd be totally screwed (UCMJ and more) once Melgar came out with the disclosure of the stolen OPFUND.

They needed something to put over his head to blackmail him into not reporting their illegal acts. So, they decide to choke him into unconsciousness, have those dirt bags film that video of him, and then present this to him as a quid-pro-quo (i.e., you don't tell on us and this video does not get out).

This is the reason they had to involve two others who were not going to be identifiable to any one in any of the units. The logic behind this is easy. Once Melgar was shown the sexual assault video, if the offenders in the assault were the SEALs or the Marines, they'd be implicated and just as guilty. But, if the video just showed some random guy no one has ever seen, then Melgar would have to consider the embarrassment the video would bring him, and only him.

This is how the OPFUND allegation, and the frat-boy night time stunt fit in together in this arc of a story. They were covering up a criminal act (trying to) and it went way wrong and now, they are facing murder charges, plus they stole one of our best brothers in the process. So yeah, fuck them. Those units need a definite overhaul.
That's what I have thought also about this murder of a brother.
Old 06-07-2019, 00:26   #27
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

SOCOM is dragging their ass on this and also on the murder of retired SF Rick Rodriguez in Erbil on New Years day this year by MARSOC and a SEAL.

CD
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:44   #28
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenshukai View Post
This is my theory:

That may be true, but IF the video did get out, don't ya think they would track down who made it. Hopefully it would've led to the dirtbags who were conspiring

Just my .02 worth. However, it would still be greatly embarrassing to SSG Melgar.

Last edited by glebo; 06-10-2019 at 06:45. Reason: insert name
glebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:56   #29
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
That may be true, but IF the video did get out, don't ya think they would track down who made it. Hopefully it would've led to the dirtbags who were conspiring

Just my .02 worth. However, it would still be greatly embarrassing to SSG Melgar.
Sure. But, the video was to be made as leverage. Think of it as a bluff in a poker game. And, don't forget, criminals may be imaginative but they are rarely intellectual giants.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:32   #30
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

This circus just gets stranger by the hour.

Quote:

NCIS agent taken off Green Beret murder investigation for reportedly being romantically involved with a witness, Jeff Schogol, August 05, 2019 at 12:49 PM

An NCIS agent was removed from the investigation into the June 2017 hazing death of Special Forces Staff Sgt. Logan Melgar for reportedly having a romantic relationship with a witness.

The Daily Beast reporter Kevin Maurer first reported that defense attorneys for two of the special operators charged with murder and other offenses in connection with Melgar's death will argue that the NCIS agent became romantically involved with the witness, who worked in the intelligence community.

NCIS spokesman Jeff Houston confirmed to Task & Purpose that an agent had been removed from the case but he declined to say why.

"Upon receipt of a credible misconduct allegation, NCIS immediately removed the agent from the investigation and referred the matter for appropriate action, consistent with applicable Human Resources guidelines and policies," Houston said in a statement.

https://taskandpurpose.com/ncis-roma...MMQ8dxBXErMjQc