Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 10th Special Forces Group

Old 06-28-2008, 09:38   #16
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF18C View Post
One word for all you that got stuck in crappy team houses or imprisioned at Tuzla...

Bijeljina

Or as we referred to it Babe-a-lina! It was in the NE sector of the Republika Srpska! We never did find out what they put in the water but it we were positive it enhanced the female bust line! So many nights out looking for a good Sitrep!

Also got stuck in Gradiska for a tour! Not as nice but a few of us made the trip back to Babe-town a year later! We were greeted like returning rock starts!

Oh, I just have to add the story about my buddy Tony C, out Jr. Charlie! We are driving around in our beat up Pajero and looks at me and says, "How do you know where you are going? All these signs are in Acrylic!"
Acrylic...LOL.. He must have hung out with the same dude trying to figure out where the heck "PECTOPAH" was.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 15:21   #17
Pigpen
Quiet Professional

it must br a "Jr." thing, during the initial part of one rotation, our Jr. Eng kept wondering where the ZOS river was.

For those of you not in on it. ZOS was "Zone of Seperation" and was normally indicated on the maps by blue lines.
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:48   #18
Firebeef
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Me too, brother, if for no other reason than to listen to Joe's running commentary on the virtues of Gallic culture.

Not to mention..........the Pizza!

COLawman......I resemble that remark!!

LOL

saw you last night down at the Stampede....looked like you were having some fun times!!

Y'all believe me when I tell ya......we knew then, and I still know, even now, how good we had it in Buna! That was a once in a lifetime convergence of good karma and payback. E-10..we worked our 4th points of contacts off daily, and we for sure had our fair share of incidents. We just got to come home from patrol and jump in the pool....and have a few cool functions!

Last edited by Firebeef; 06-29-2008 at 09:39.
Firebeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 16:27   #19
2 Block Secured
Quiet Professional

Zenica (AKA: N60), 04-07/1997

A lot of good memories from that deployment like the SEAL that was stabbed by an unknown assailant at one of the other houses while he was doing a "security check". Never did get the whole story on that one.

Or was it the medic who shot a SEAL while inspecting the SEAL's SIG226, then worked his ass off to save him. The only guy to get an ARCOM and a ART15 in the same ceremony. (just kidding on the last line).

Had to check myself into the Betty Ford clinic to dry out after all the "slivo" that was put away.
2 Block Secured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:34   #20
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Block Secured View Post
Zenica (AKA: N60), 04-07/1997

A lot of good memories from that deployment like the SEAL that was stabbed by an unknown assailant at one of the other houses while he was doing a "security check". Never did get the whole story on that one.

Or was it the medic who shot a SEAL while inspecting the SEAL's SIG226, then worked his ass off to save him. The only guy to get an ARCOM and a ART15 in the same ceremony. (just kidding on the last line).

Had to check myself into the Betty Ford clinic to dry out after all the "slivo" that was put away.

"Navy Seals vs Children of the Corn"...wish I had the cartoon drawing still..... I recall a certain SOCCE commander taking them off the wall (Along with "Herb the Serb screws up his terrorist manifesto") and shredding them.

No levity in the SOCCE dammit!

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:46   #21
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebeef View Post
Not to mention..........the Pizza!
You guys should have patented that idea...self-flossing food!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:25   #22
Stras
Quiet Professional

The Good Old Days

Sarajevo '96, 015 ran the FOB after the initial surge into country. lots of fun times running resupply convoys through the ZOS to the SOCCE at Tuzla and the rest of the boys around the country side.

The gate guards wouldn't let us in the gate at Tuzla Main unless we were wearing our full battle rattle. Dude, we just drove through the ZOS.... come to find out it was probably a good thing, as they had something like 48 AD's in a two month span on Tuzla.. How does one AD a TOW Missile??? I still haven't figured that one out.

Banja Luka in '98. lots of fun with the Brits in the metal factory. spent some time up at Bos Gradiska. Nothing like watching your boss brew beer, only to see a large fireball 5 ft in front of you and all your equipment. His response was "oops". I still have some of the slivo that i helped one of the landlord's make.... good stuff for the right occasion.

O B W, who not only achieved the desired center mass shot, saved the Seal's life in the house, and then again on the medevac bird, and was highly praised by the Surgeon at the hospital " the medic should be put in for a medal for his highly professional work saving this patient's life".... Uh Doc, he's also the one who shot him........ Of course he wasn't born with the "B" initial, that was added later.

Don't forget the Hekwap Pivo..... that's Nektar Beer (with a certain percentage of formaldahide (sp)) for those that don't habla.
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:43   #23
ODA 226
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
Ocuchani <sp>
Banja Luka
Bugonjo (The House of Pain)
Sarajevo

When it was all said and done I realized I had lived in BH for over two years.

The photos of Zvornik, were those before or after the Rpg attack?
Pigpen,
To je OKUCANI. Radio sam u Okucani i ostalo kao sef pirotekicar izmedju 1997- 2002 i zivio sam u Nova Gradiska u isti vrijemina.

Translation: That is Okucani. I worked in and around Okucani between 1997- 2002 as a head deminer and lived in Nova Gradiska during that time. I went totally indig.

I actually arrived in the Balkans in mid-1995 with the ICFY Mission and left the Balkans in 2004, only to return in 2007. The entire time I was in Iraq (2004-2007) I maintained residency in Nova Gradiska. (SF18C: Were you in Bosanska Gradiska, Stara Gradiska or Nova Gradiska?)

I was tasked to give the Hungarian Engineers at Okucani Mine Awareness Training and noticed a plaque in the classroom to the Hungarians from none other than the 10th SFG! Small world huh?! Was that from your team?

I was going through my souvenirs from that time to show you guys, but a picture of my BEST souvenir from Gradiska is posted below. She came to the states last month and after a ten year relationship, we're getting married in two weeks! I guess something good did result from that war!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-012F.jpg (56.9 KB, 238 views)

Last edited by ODA 226; 07-02-2008 at 06:41.
ODA 226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 20:43   #24
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Some great post and memories reading all of these posts.

Worked the Sarajevo House great times.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:08   #25
Pigpen
Quiet Professional

@ ODA 226,
Indeed that was probably our plaque. We were the first 10th team to do the liaison work with HUBAT. (084) The time frame was OCT 95 - Mar 96(?).
Old 07-09-2008, 20:10   #26
Stras
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
@ ODA 226,
Indeed that was probably our plaque. We were the first 10th team to do the liaison work with HUBAT. (084) The time frame was OCT 95 - Mar 96(?).
Was Frank G (18E) and Squeek (18Z) on your Team? I had to relay a Medevac request through the HUBAT in '96 to the FOB at Sarajevo. Sad thing was we were just south of Sarajevo. Frank saved our ass, though he didn't send the French linguist to talk to the French Medevac Helo that showed up.. "I'm sorry, we screwed up the only French speaker on the team when your French Armored Car ran into our Hmmwv, but we can talk to you in English, German, Russian, and Thai. " We could have added Italian, but our CPT was a little out of it due to a sudden impact collision between his head and the windshield.
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 21:20   #27
GreenSalsa
Quiet Professional

since we all seem to be owning up...

EGYBAT December 95, in Sarajevo

Plus I did a stint working in the South-East SOCCE in Mostar in early 2000
Old 07-10-2008, 09:08   #28
Pigpen
Quiet Professional

@ Stras,

Nope Sorry definately not us helping you out. Had to be the team who replaced us, but for the life of me I cannot remember which team it was. Our 18E was Adoni P and the Z was Jimmy K.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:08   #29
AxeMan
Quiet Professional

N-10 AOR

I was in the Milici house that was stood up after the Zvornik house was closed down due to too many RPG attacks. We were the last guys in the N-10 AOR and closed the Milichi house down. I believe ours were the last JCO missions in that AOR. Good Times!
Old 07-10-2008, 15:47   #30
KW9598
Quiet Professional

Zvornik house attack

thought i'd shine a little light on the JCO house attack in May of 99. This is a first hand account. Jim B happened to be the only one awake at the time in the "ops" room and a round most definitely penetrated and passed through the room right next to him, impacting into a box of lithium batteries in the corner. Myself and Nate P were asleep in one of the front bedrooms where a round penetrated and crossed through our room diagnally, passing over Nate's head and missing my left should by a foot or so. A couple rounds impacted the outside wall on the same side of the house breaking windows, etc. One round impacted into a cement abutment around the foot of the house and one round missed the house completely and flew over 200m, landing in a neighbors backyard. After hitting the floor and the explosions stopped, we were in our positions within a minute or so. There was nobody to engage, they had fired their rounds and beat feet. (unfortunately) We found YUGO M80 rocket tubes in the cornfield across the road that morning (66mm shoulder fired). Our company commander, who now happens to be the group CDR, got to our house so fast he beat the QRF out of Camp Dobol (and they were half the distance). Kudos on him for that. Oh, yes Sean Howie was there, but he was in a bedroom on the other side of the house. Let me know if you have any more questions. By the way, Serbian paramilitary were suspected of the attack.

Amat victoria curam
KW9598 is offline   Reply With Quote