Old 02-26-2012, 02:58   #61
Oso
Asset

I am a NG soldier, currently deployed on a MEDEVAC mission. This has been one of the best years of my Army career simply because I have made a noticeable difference on others lives. That feeling of impact is what led me to turn my eye toward SF. I hope to learn from all the free wisdom and advice given on this site to help me determine my best course of action.
Oso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 16:38   #62
DeadlyNedly
Asset

I am an active duty grunt, age 28, hoping to get a shot at SFAS sometime this year. I am married with no kids. Thank you for the advice.
DeadlyNedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:47   #63
JEB
Asset

Intro

Just trying to stay in the loop.

Retired in Dec. 2005 as a Master Sgt. (E8) then worked as a Contractor at ROBIN SAGE till 2011.
I'm currently living in S.C. and looking into other employment options rather than just being retired.
Served in 1/23 INF (Korea), A/2/75th Ranger, 1/505th PIR, 5th SFG(A), USASOC, 3rd SFG(A), A/1/1 SWTG(A).
Old 02-27-2012, 21:20   #64
mebesteve
Asset

saying hi

Just dropping in and posting hi, got out of the army a few years ago, and I usually dont cruise forums,but i enjoy this one. thanks
mebesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 00:55   #65
Andruuc
Asset

Intro

I have been in the Army for 7 years, 4 as an Infantryman and 3 as a detailed Army Recruiter. Happy to help with any Recruiting related questions or issues.
Andruuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:49   #66
PARABAT
Asset

Newbie.

Howdy.

I registered in 2006 but this is my first post here.I was still in the British army when I registered so I did not have time to sit in front of the iMac.

I am now a cake eating civilian working as a Maritime security consultant.

My career started in the South African Defence Force with the Parabats at 44 Parachute Regiment.

I then did 12 years in the British Army, 6 years in the Royal Irish Rangers, & then I moved on and spent another 6 years in another Regiment.

I have worked and served ( & gotten drunk ) with the 160 th, some Delta boys, Rangers and the 101 st Airborne.

Currently residing in Africa.

Thanx for having me.
Be safe.
PARABAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55   #67
koz
Quiet Professional

Welcome all to PS.com. Thanks for posting your intros. Search often, read the stickies and enjoy the site.
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 16:31   #68
czs21
Asset

Intro v.2

Hello all,

Thank you Quiet Professionals and others for this great resource. One day after college, I plan to be a little more familiar with you all. For those that enjoy foreign languages, please PM me if you want someone to learn with or practice with.

Have a good'un.
Old 02-28-2012, 17:02   #69
torturedxeno
Asset

Newcomer

Hello everyone. I am a 19-year-old former college student (I finished my general ed but am putting my education on hold for a while) who is currently waiting to leave for Air Force BMT. While I am not going into the Army, I hope to move into Air Force Special Tactics - specifically, Pararescue - once my retraining window opens after three years. I have a lot of respect and admiration for our warriors - past and present - and I'm very interested in the exploits, abilities, missions, etc. of our special operations forces, whether we're talking Special Forces, SEALs, Combat Controllers, Rangers, or some of the more covert ones (NSWDG, 1st SFOD-D, etc.).
I greatly appreciate the work that all the warriors here have done and continue to do, so to all service members reading this - thank you for your service.
Peace.
torturedxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 17:24   #70
Malone
Asset

Post My Introduction

Hello to the QP's,

Let me first say thank you for all this invaluable information you guys have accumulated on this site. What a resource! You guys are truly the definition of professional and I thank you for it. Now that I am done giving credit where it is due, let me introduce myself.

I am a student at a University in south Ga. I have been a contracted cadet for a few years now in the Army Reserve. I always wanted to join the military since a child, I love the structure and it is really what I want to do as a career. Since I have been in college, I have maintained a 3.4 GPA with an Engineering degree while balancing ROTC and Mixed Martial Arts club. I have maxed the PT test (we take one every month) for a couple of years straight, I really enjoy physical fitness though I do not believe the APFT is an accurate portrayal of physical fitness. Around 110 PU, 100 SU and a 12:00 2 Mile on average are my scores.

I gravitated towards wanting to be a member of the small family of SOF's whether it be in the Army, Navy or whatever branch I ended up in because I enjoy challenging myself and the jobs they have are second to none. I ended up joining the Army, and since then have really wanted to be a part of the amazing things you guys do with Special Forces. I intend to keep focused on small goals in life, while guiding myself to eventually becoming an 18a. I plan on branching Infantry once I earn my commission, and being the best lieutenant I can be. Hopefully if all goes well, Ranger and SFAS will be next on the list a few years down the road. From there the "Q" course, and if I prove myself worthy, hold on for dear life and do the best job possible if I am a guest on an ODA.

I have been silently studying your world for a while now on this site, I thought it was time to introduce myself. I will keep doing everything I can to become a part of your lifestyles down the road, focusing on the small targets. Keep an eye of for me.

Now to do more pt....

-Malone
Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 17:52   #71
fasteddie565
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB View Post
Just trying to stay in the loop.

Retired in Dec. 2005 as a Master Sgt. (E8) then worked as a Contractor at ROBIN SAGE till 2011.
I'm currently living in S.C. and looking into other employment options rather than just being retired.
Served in 1/23 INF (Korea), A/2/75th Ranger, 1/505th PIR, 5th SFG(A), USASOC, 3rd SFG(A), A/1/1 SWTG(A).
JEB,

We tread some of the same earth.

Drop me a note about when you were with The Legion.
fasteddie565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:43   #72
JEB
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie565 View Post
JEB,

We tread some of the same earth.

Drop me a note about when you were with The Legion.
PM inbound
Old 03-01-2012, 09:57   #73
jero
Asset

stationed in FT LW,
been following this site for over 4 years now.
In YG10 and plan on putting in my packet this december.
Thanks to all the QPs who share their wealth of knowledge to us.
what this world throws at me
jero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 13:04   #74
SOF-A FutureSol
BANNED USER

HELLO ALL I Am CURRENtly a Future Solder with an 18X CONTRACt that ships to basiC in January of NExt year. I'M higly motivaded and vry fit. I can do 30 pushups in a minute and a half, 50 sit ups in 2 minuts, and my 2 mile time is 18:50. I a,m well on my awy to being a green bert. I can't wait to chat wit all of you/. I hav so muchb to learn. HOOAH

Banned by Richard.
SOF-A FutureSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 18:52   #75
Knight's_Cross
Asset

Introduction

Long Version :Ever since I was a child capable of coherent thought, I have wanted to join the United States Armed Forces. I idolized the Men and Women who risked everything to keep me safe. I was in awe of the Uniform from the very first time I could read,"Don't Mess with the U.S."

Having been in fourth grade during Sept. 11th, therefore growing up looking at the fear of the adults around me, seeing true patriotism out and about, really strengthened my sense of duty. I wanted to protect, serve, and accomplish things that most wouldn't dream of attempting. Not out of selfishness, or some misguided "macho Rambo" crap, but because I knew it was something I was born to do. Of course, as a child, the military consisted of shooting imaginary bad guys with cool sticks. Eventually, I grew up and realized that's not what it is about, nor did I find the idea of "shooting people" compelling anymore.

I never fancied myself as special, but the more I read the more I realized I wanted to be a part of a deep, elite, and highly regarded force. I had/have certain wants/needs to fulfill my "dream" of the perfect Special Operations Forces unit. After a lot of (at the time, I was young and more impatient) research, I could find no "group" that really piqued my interest. Let me add a note here. I am not under the impression that our military is geared to satisfy me, I know and understand it is not that way.

Fast forward to High School, where I was enrolled in NJROTC. I excel in the program. Regardless of how you may view it, it gave me the chance to visit Parris Island MCRD twice for two weeks. I loved it. It was "hardcore". It was the most fun I have ever had in my life. Most people call me crazy for it, but I loved the exhaustion, the constant reminder that I was nothing until they told me I was. The notion that to get anything in that world, you had to bust nuts and earn it. Of course, I got all excited in the Marines and I had every intention of joining. The more Marines I talked to, the more I saw, the more I realized they weren't for me. Not because I couldn't keep up or anything, but (no offense here, really) Marines seem to be so geared to fight and no more. I consider myself to be intelligent, and I want to use my brain. I also want to help people, in more ways than one.

Discouraged, my plans faded. The desire and drive never really faded, but I could not find the right path. Somehow, the only SOF I knew of were Navy SEALs, Air Force PJs, and Marine Force Recon. Don't ask me how I missed the entire Army's offerings. I discovered the Army Rangers and Special Forces about a year ago. Rangers enticed me, but again seemed to be geared specifically towards combat, and I don't necessarily want that.

The more I read about the Green Berets, the more interested I became. It never seemed to be a "passing interest" either. I became more and more engrossed in the lore and hardships they (You) have faced. Then, like some cosmic "knucklehead stamp", the realization hit me. All my life, the group I was looking for was right there. Since this realization, I have dedicated my mind and body to the pursuit of a career in a most distinguished path. As I near 20, I grow more and more excited, and yet more cautious, that I grow closer to starting the journey to my goal.

In terms of why I am qualified...I can't tell you. In terms of skills I can build the AR-15 platform from parts (have, I love my civilian AR) and I can build computers from simple components (this is easy, most people can do this). Alas, I have not gone through the training and have no basis in which to say "this or that". I will listen to you, the true Experts and Professionals, instead of making assumptions that will only serve to harm me. You have all done us prospective SF candidates an amazing honor by sharing your time, responses, and history with us. I thank you more than anything, and I hope you know we appreciate your assistance.

My plan? Enlist under an 18x contract, give the training and selection my all, and hope that I come out years from now a member of the closest, most elite Brotherhood there is.

I hope I did not keep you too long, but if you did read all of that, thank you for taking the time. Maybe this little tidbit of who I am will allow you to decide for yourselves if I am someone you would allow by your side someday.

Again, thanks, for everything.
Knight's_Cross is offline   Reply With Quote