Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 20:23   #751
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickerdoodle
Hi all. I am Phily357's girlfriend. I want to find out all that I can to support him and help him out along the way. I'll be doing some reading now, but if anyone can think of something off the top of your head let me know! Thanks.
Welcome Snickerdoodle! Best advice I can give is learn all you can about his chosen career, be unconditionally supportive and give him his space when he needs it. And he'll need it. Often his need for space will have nothing to do with you...so try not to take it personally. And don't be a nagger.
Old 03-07-2005, 22:15   #752
mcdude
Asset

Introduction

Hello all. Glad to be here. I see alot of familiar names, and a few old friends.
This oughta be fun!

MD
Old 03-08-2005, 11:30   #753
Kim
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacamuelas
Welcome Kim. We will get you squared away in the med forum. I have some calls in to a few guys to see if they can give me some info to help you.

AS to the Bill Harsey tales, I talked with Bill today on the phone, and he told me to tell you that I have official clearance for any and all tales that you may have. Honest, you can trust me with all his skeletons. So, shoot me a PM with some grizzly details or better yet photos and grizzly details and I will go to work. LOL

AGain, Welcome
Hi Sacamuelas, Thank you for the warm welcome! I just want to let you know I think Harsey has come along way since the Special Ed class in Boring, Or. Just kidding. Sure, I'll tell you about "back in the day." There wasn't alot to do in the middle of nowhere, so we were all very resourceful when it came to entertainment. I'll PM you later! Thanks again, Kim
Old 03-08-2005, 11:34   #754
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

A face to a name

Perhaps a little late, but I thought I'd put a face to my intro. At 74 + Years of age I'm not worried about being compromised, etc. This pic was taken at 1st SFG(A)'s Menton Day in December of 2004.

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:39   #755
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Outstanding photo Master Sergeant.

Thank you for sharing.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-08-2005, 12:20   #756
Swift
Asset

Thank you all for your service and this great website. I am 25 and will pursue an 18x contract when I begin the enlistment process.

While in college my goal was to have a career in investment research because I was good at math and liked the “excitement” of the stock market. I accomplished my goal and now have put myself in a great position from a career standpoint, yet I have become more of a news junkie than a financial analyst. Additionally, I am now too much of a fitness and outdoors freak to sit at my desk 12 hours a day for the next 30 years.

When I learned of the 18x option and the Special Forces Mission there was no doubt in my mind - I want that challenge and way of life. I really believe in America’s aggressive stance on the GWOT and want to contribute in the most effective way possible. Looking back, I wish like hell I would have joined up right after high school, but better late than never.

I have started the process of dropping the extra lbs from my offensive lineman frame and have shifted from a powerlifting to an endurance workout program. I will be ready to enlist later this fall.

Thanks again for your service and the reams of information you have made available on this website.
“We who live in free market societies believe that growth, prosperity and ultimately human fulfillment, are created from the bottom up, not the government down. Only when the human spirit is allowed to invent and create, only when individuals are given a personal stake in deciding economic policies and benefiting from their success—only then can societies remain economically alive, dynamic, progressive and free. Trust the people.”

-Ronald Reagan
Old 03-08-2005, 13:23   #757
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

You're an offensive lineman and your user name is Swift? LOL

Too bad we don't have the handcrank generators for you to hump anymore. Oh well, I'm sure they'll find something heavy for you.

Good luck and welcomne to the board.

College Boy
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-09-2005, 04:05   #758
trojan
Asset

Hi,

I'm currently a cadet headed towards the infantry and am looking at where I might like to go after that. I'm just here to learn. I'm not so sure I have much to contribute, so this may end up being my only post

Thanks for letting us young pups in!
Old 03-10-2005, 05:01   #759
ANUBIS
Asset

Intro.

As per ROE, my profile is filled out and my introduction follows;
I have recently completed my service obligation with the Army after ten and a half memorable years. I served as a tank crewman for seven years and unfortunately was called upon to become a detailed recruiter. Although unhappy with the order, I gave it my all and made the best of it for three and a half years. I hadn't any intentions of getting out but was placed in a difficult situation. I had been involuntarily extended (after I voluntarily extended), and on top of that I was told that if I were to reup I would remain a recruiter even though I opted for the first bird over the pond. I understand the "needs of the Army" clause but enough was enough. I have thought of trying out for SF for a while now and I realize getting out may have hurt my chances. I also realize (as per my research) that I wouldn't have even been able to try as a recruiter. A rock and a hard place! In trying to follow protocol, I have been able to find most everything I need. However, I do have a few questions pertaining to reenlisting. You can trust that any answers or help given will not be in vain. I am trying to make a sound decision based on facts and not what MEPS needs for a coin or leather jacket!Thank you very much, and I hope to be given the opportunity to discuss my questions.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:06   #760
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANUBIS
I served as a tank crewman for seven years and unfortunately was called upon to become a detailed recruiter. Although unhappy with the order, I gave it my all and made the best of it for three and a half years. I hadn't any intentions of getting out but was placed in a difficult situation. I had been involuntarily extended (after I voluntarily extended), and on top of that I was told that if I were to reup I would remain a recruiter even though I opted for the first bird over the pond.
I would think you are unlikely to be told that you need to speak to a recruiter first.

LOL Welcome.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:54   #761
ANUBIS
Asset

Thanks for the welcome. I know it sounds a little odd that a recruiter would be looking for such info, but if you knew what I do about the business (you just may) you would understand. They would keep me at MEPS till I agreed that 88M (truck driver) is what I really wanted! The worse thing is that it would be MY old chain of command doing it!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:16   #762
ANUBIS
Asset

Before I am feasted upon! I used 88M as an example and not as a joke.
Old 03-10-2005, 22:12   #763
notdubszj
Asset

Gentlemen,

My name is Thomas and I am considering going into the miltary after I get my degree. Would love to go in as medic as my long term goal is to be a doctor. I'm here to read and learn about all things high speed. Thanks a lot for your service.

Thomas Out
Old 03-11-2005, 06:47   #764
Gandhi

Hey people names Kevin Stationed at bragg, actually just about to start bnoc in the q here, so yea I'm pretty new to the sf thing. Well shotting for 18D, it's my #1 reason for doing this stuff, second being I want to actually make a difference for a team and whatever the misson may be. Well off to bnoc this mon cya.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:59   #765
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Welcome aboard.

Kevin, I have found this tome to be very helpful. Best of luck. cya.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Closed Thread