Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 16:58   #1501
mike_m
Asset

hello

Hi, my name is Mike I a Senior at UNCG majoring in design. I talked to two recent graduates of the SFCQ at an IDPA match and they got me interested in Special Forces. Thanks for having me on as a guest.
Old 10-13-2005, 17:23   #1502
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_m
Hi, my name is Mike I a Senior at UNCG majoring in design. I talked to two recent graduates of the SFCQ at an IDPA match and they got me interested in Special Forces. Thanks for having me on as a guest.
I had no idea that UNC-G had a School of Design!

Shows what not visiting for 25 years will do.

Welcome aboard!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 10-13-2005, 17:54   #1503
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper

Welcome aboard!

TR
I had no idea SF guys went to IDPA matches. Oh, I missed the "recent graduates" part....
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 10-13-2005, 18:19   #1504
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
I had no idea SF guys went to IDPA matches. Oh, I missed the "recent graduates" part....
Well, at least it wasn't IPSC!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 10-13-2005, 18:53   #1505
mike_m
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper

Welcome aboard!

TR
It is actually an Art Major with a Concentration in Design. All three hundred of us are under the Art Department; "design major" is something of a misnomer.

Last edited by mike_m; 10-13-2005 at 19:00.
Old 10-14-2005, 22:42   #1506
Mack
Quiet Professional

Introduction

Good evening. I just wanted to introduce myself so you know I'm out here lurking. I am a current reserve 97B traning up for my eventual switch to the NG for selection. I was attached to ODA 933 and the ODBs for 3rd and 1st group in A-stan for 2004 and the beginning of 2005. I learned much from them and continue to learn from you all. I'll take my seat now. Thanks for the opportunity to listen and learn.
Old 10-14-2005, 23:49   #1507
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Welcome aboard everyone.

Terry
Old 10-15-2005, 11:16   #1508
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
The last I remember it was an all girls school for nursing. We used to travel all the way there from Ft. Bragg and go to "The Green Door".(1963-64).

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
Old 10-16-2005, 00:14   #1509
Puma
Asset

Sirs, as per forum instructions, I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Sean, and I'm a college student. My long time hobby has been military history, but most importantly the people who were/are wearing the uniform of our armed forces.
Warriors of our Special Forces represent the finest and the bravest... You have withstood challenges, sufferings and losses which many of us wouldn't be able to take... For that, I salute you, with my deepest gratitude and respect.

Thank you for creating this website which can teach not only the ones who will follow your steps, but also those who are eager to learn from you how on how to live our lives in dignity, respect, and honor.
I can't think of anyone else who is more qualified to teach me these things than you - Quiet Professionals.

Thank you.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:28   #1510
112thSOLCA
Auxiliary

Time for introduction

Hello, I am an 18x Dad who has been lurking and learning on this site for over a year. Actually, my son has progressed to 18e but still has lots of training and challenges ahead of him.

I was one of the first NCOs assigned to the 112th Signal BN (Special Operations, Airborne) back in the mid-eighties. At the time we considered ourselves high speed, low drag, state of the art technology kind of guys. Unfortunately, after lurking here for a year, I have realized we were in fact "close by association soft skilled wannabes".

Professionalsoldiers.com is an exceptionally well organized and managed website. The information and advice provided has helped my son succeed in SF training and my wife and I understand the process. Best of all, it has generated numerous grins, chuckles and belly laughs along the way.

Thank you for your service to our country and for providing this forum.
Old 10-17-2005, 17:51   #1511
TheCreeper
BANNED USER

Hi my name is oliver I'm 14 and a freshman in highschool, I have been intrested in the military for 2 yrs I have been reading as much as I can about special forces so i have found this site to be a very good resource. I also have been trying to run, do pu's, su's, and pull ups and much as I can.

Thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 18:07   #1512
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 112thSOLCA
Hello, I am an 18x Dad who has been lurking and learning on this site for over a year. Actually, my son has progressed to 18e but still has lots of training and challenges ahead of him.

I was one of the first NCOs assigned to the 112th Signal BN (Special Operations, Airborne) back in the mid-eighties. At the time we considered ourselves high speed, low drag, state of the art technology kind of guys. Unfortunately, after lurking here for a year, I have realized we were in fact "close by association soft skilled wannabes".

Professionalsoldiers.com is an exceptionally well organized and managed website. The information and advice provided has helped my son succeed in SF training and my wife and I understand the process. Best of all, it has generated numerous grins, chuckles and belly laughs along the way.

Thank you for your service to our country and for providing this forum.
You were a plank holder in 112th Sig and you have a kid in the pipeline?

Geezus! AM, you are old!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 10-17-2005, 19:22   #1513
helicom6
Asset

New to post

Good evening all. A quick introduction of myself; I am currently waiting for paperwork to comeback from NGB and then enter into 5/19th SFGA (REC) COARNG. Looking forward to the challenges ahead and being involved with such a dedicated group of people.
Thanks.

Last edited by helicom6; 10-17-2005 at 19:26.
Old 10-18-2005, 16:13   #1514
elowery

Hello, I would like to introduce myself to ps.com. I am a fitness center owner and I have some interests in the military and one of my members, BamBam, turned me on to this site for some hand to hand combat info.

Old 10-18-2005, 16:43   #1515
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

112thSOLCA:

Glad you are here.

Good luck to your son!

Terry
Closed Thread