Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 12-10-2004, 17:29   #1
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Flight crew helmet question

OK, I seem to have slipped into Accumulator Mode, and I have NO use for this, But would really like to have one just because. Does anyone know where I can get one of These I know, I know What the hell do I need that for, but I think it is just a cool looking helmet and Thus I think I may need to have one around, just to say that I have one. I already have a Helmet, I am just looking for the Face shield.

And I know I can order from the Manufacturer, but I would rather find one elsewhere if at all possible.

Thanks all
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 17:44   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

From the Air Force.

See your local recruiter for further details.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 21:39   #3
eggroll
Guerrilla

are you talking the 56 series helmet or the blast shield assembly?

If you want the helmet, HGU56 -

But this has got GEEK FACTOR written ALL over it. Chicks Dig It
Old 12-10-2004, 21:54   #4
Air.177
Quiet Professional

All I want is the Maxillofacial shield. (The part in the link that has the Teeth painted on it)

Thanks

And TR, We've already discussed that.
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 22:27   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air.177
All I want is the Maxillofacial shield. (The part in the link that has the Teeth painted on it)

Thanks

And TR, We've already discussed that.
Yeah, but it is the Air Force, for crissakes!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 12-10-2004, 23:15   #6
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggroll
are you talking the 56 series helmet or the blast shield assembly?

If you want the helmet, HGU56 -
I wouldn't mind that for after I finish my flight training as I wear glasses and the tinted visor would be perfect. And how cool would it look walking over to my Piper Tomahawk with it under my arm, maybe with the Top Gun theme in the background...

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:18   #7
geronimo
Asset

The MFS is a pain to wear.

If you've got a HGU-56P you also need the adapter kit. They are expensive but it's all about your needs...
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 03:07   #8
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Did I say Top Gun? I meant Iron Eagle.

Hang on, I really meant Firebirds.

Old 12-11-2004, 08:06   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey14
Did I say Top Gun? I meant Iron Eagle.

Hang on, I really meant Firebirds.
Alright Kiwi, where did the sheep go?

TR

Old 12-11-2004, 08:14   #10
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

They're worn out

Old 12-11-2004, 09:00   #11
Kyobanim

If you get a mask I'll paint some teeth on it for you. Maybe something like this to impress the wimmins?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg air.jpg (43.5 KB, 13 views)

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 09:03   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyobanim

If you get a mask I'll paint some teeth on it for you. Maybe something like this to impress the wimmins?
If you can put Tooth Boy on it and a diamond inlay, someone else here could have a new avatar by sundown.

TR

Old 12-11-2004, 09:58   #13
Rotor Strike

I have one. Got anything worth trading for?
Old 12-11-2004, 10:19   #14
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air.177
OK, I seem to have slipped into Accumulator Mode, and I have NO use for this, But would really like to have one just because. Does anyone know where I can get one of These I know, I know What the hell do I need that for, but I think it is just a cool looking helmet and Thus I think I may need to have one around, just to say that I have one. I already have a Helmet, I am just looking for the Face shield.

And I know I can order from the Manufacturer, but I would rather find one elsewhere if at all possible.

Thanks all
I can see it now, Air.177 at the local range, takes helmet and throws it around for an hour then sets it up at the 100m berm. Takes careful aim with a .308 and places a nice big gash on one side of the helmet.
Takes helmet home or apartment and places it on hat-rack. Female comes to house, eventually notices helmet and asks:

“What’s this?”

Air.177 responds:

“I can’t talk about it as it still is a “classified” mission.”

We got your number Air…… (let us know if it works)
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 15:55   #15
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
I can see it now, Air.177 at the local range, takes helmet and throws it around for an hour then sets it up at the 100m berm. Takes careful aim with a .308 and places a nice big gash on one side of the helmet.
Takes helmet home or apartment and places it on hat-rack. Female comes to house, eventually notices helmet and asks:

“What’s this?”

Air.177 responds:

“I can’t talk about it as it still is a “classified” mission.”

We got your number Air…… (let us know if it works)
Thats pretty funny considering...

You know MSG, a similar method (stories of classified SF missions) was used by the individual I PM'd you about earlier today to hook his current fiancee. I hope I have placed enough claymores that he will step on a trip wire sooner than later.

Worked pretty well for him too until he ran into a SF candidate I know.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 12-11-2004 at 16:00.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote