Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-05-2014, 14:12   #91
cbtengr
Area Commander

Surprise surprise surprise ! The POTUS is on the tube and he is suddenly the great uniter, I know he is lying, his lips are moving.

Now for all those gleeful republicans who were elected don't waste this opportunity, Lead Lead Lead.

You Colorado folks set the example, thank you!

Dusty welcome back !
Old 11-05-2014, 17:27   #92
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Dude.

I heard in IL our new governor took 101 of 102 counties (99% of the votes counted)...but quinnochio hadn't conceded as of this morning.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:05   #93
Penn
Area Commander

Not to hijack the important insightful commentary by ABL, the attached blog article clearly waves a red flag, voting fraud. In two states, Illinois and Maryland, electronic voting machines were rig to switch vote from republican to democrat. To do that, you have to write a code program, then install the program in the machine. It has nothing to do with calibrating a touch screen for sensitivity. e.g., think of the yes/no on credit card machines for cash back, the machines are programmed to respond to your decision.
I fear, that in the near future our vote won't matter, unless we address this issue and ban electronic voting nationally.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-an...gged-democrats
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:17   #94
Richard
Quiet Professional

The ball is now in the R's court - I hope they can finally come up with a game plan that can score points - if not, the potential for a really scary "L" in 2016 looms.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...b4d_story.html

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:02   #95
Penn
Area Commander

2017 Election

2017 Election

Virginia's election may be one to watch this November, if Gillespie wins, it will be a bell ringing wake up call for the Republican party and signal doom for the DP.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 15:34   #96
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
2017 Election

Virginia's election may be one to watch this November, if Gillespie wins, it will be a bell ringing wake up call for the Republican party and signal doom for the DP.

McAulliffe has a proven himself a real nut job, I think Gillespie has a good chance of pulling it out.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:03   #97
the squid
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
McAulliffe has a proven himself a real nut job, I think Gillespie has a good chance of pulling it out.
Guess not.
the squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 16:31   #98
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by the squid View Post
Guess not.
McAulliffe has still a proven himself to be a real nut job. From what I have read Gillespie fell quite short in the Northern part of Virginia. At the same time Deblasio gets reelected in New York, and polls (if you can believe them) said most voters would prefer that Confederate Statues stay put and that 82% of those polls would re-elect Trump.

The only thing I could say for sure these days is that the political atmosphere is extremely polarized.

So how do you feel about Moore in Alabama?
Old 11-11-2017, 19:47   #99
the squid
BANNED USER

Quote:
McAulliffe has still a proven himself to be a real nut job. From what I have read Gillespie fell quite short in the Northern part of Virginia. At the same time Deblasio gets reelected in New York, and polls (if you can believe them) said most voters would prefer that Confederate Statues stay put and that 82% of those polls would re-elect Trump.

The only thing I could say for sure these days is that the political atmosphere is extremely polarized.

So how do you feel about Moore in Alabama?
Moore is a theocratic nut job. I don't know if the accusations made against him are true, but some of the defenses (Jim Ziegler's, specifically) of him make me nauseous, justifying pedophilia in the context of Joseph and Mary theoretically being equally far apart in age is beyond the pale. It's embarrassing. Even before then, I'm not going to vote for a guy who has expressed ambivalence over whether or not homosexuals should be executed.
Old 11-11-2017, 21:51   #100
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Moore is a theocratic nut job. I don't know if the accusations made against him are true, but some of the defenses (Jim Ziegler's, specifically) of him make me nauseous, justifying pedophilia in the context of Joseph and Mary theoretically being equally far apart in age is beyond the pale. It's embarrassing. Even before then, I'm not going to vote for a guy who has expressed ambivalence over whether or not homosexuals should be executed.
Politics seems to attract nut jobs of all types, for the most part the best and brightest steer clear of political ambitions.

Morally you and me are on the same wave length, I suspect everyone on this board is. Regardless of the Law, if a 30 some year old pervert fondled my 14 year old he better pray I never find him.............but not all that long ago it was excepted.

Unfortunately pedophilia (all paraphilia's for that matter) is only what the law makes it, if the law states the age of consent is 5 years old then it would be perfectly legal for an older person to have their way with your 5 year old child. My Brother in Lawyer has told me on several occasions that ' It doesn't make any difference what is morally right or common sense, all that matters is 'The LAW'.

Yep....you would defend a child predator if The Law allowed it.........GOD DAMN IT PAS that is not the point! Quit wasting my F-ing time!

The Law is the conscience of the Legal Trade.....For example, it appears that in 1880 the LEGAL age of consent in Alabama was 10. Then it appears in 1920 the conscience changed and the Alabama LAW changed the legal age for sexual intercourse to 16, which still stands today. NAMBLA lobbiest are working hard to turn back clock on age of consent....within past 10 years gays have become a protected class, boys are girls and girls are boys, and everyone can legally shower and piss in the same bathroom.

Aside from the fact that Roy Moore's alleged mis-deeds took place some 40 years ago, which would make it difficult collect evidence and actually charge him with a crime........by legal definition was the alleged fondling or touching a crime? Was it intentional or unintentional contact?

In 1907 Kansas my 31 year old GG-Grandfather married my GG-Grandmother when she was 15, they ended up having about 15 children together. 1907 isn't the 1970's but even in the 1970's things of such nature where still accepted in some areas of the country.

Last edited by Paslode; 11-11-2017 at 21:59.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 21:52   #101
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
From what I have read Gillespie fell quite short in the Northern part of Virginia.
From what I've heard anecdotally from some folks still in the area, it is now basically just a suburb of the District of Cesspools - in the interest of diversity, Maryland gets one too. It's a big swamp, that thing which originally was supposed to be a very small piece of real estate to only house the actual government offices. Is there such a thing as "the cure kills the patient" ?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 23:15   #102
the squid
BANNED USER

Quote:

Aside from the fact that Roy Moore's alleged mis-deeds took place some 40 years ago, which would make it difficult collect evidence and actually charge him with a crime........by legal definition was the alleged fondling or touching a crime? Was it intentional or unintentional contact?

In 1907 Kansas my 31 year old GG-Grandfather married my GG-Grandmother when she was 15, they ended up having about 15 children together. 1907 isn't the 1970's but even in the 1970's things of such nature where still accepted in some areas of the country.
At the time of the alleged act, the legal age of consent in Alabama was 16, if I am correct, making it illegal at the time. As to your grandfather, that was 100 years ago. Most of us are no better than the times we live in. I mean that respectfully. No reasonable person would judge him against a standard that didn’t exist back then.

Roy Moore is a different story. He’s garbage, even if it’s not true. I will be voting for Doug Jones. That’s not a popular thing to say here. Above partisan ideologies, I’d like to believe that the people we elect to office are compassionate, decent people. Most Democrats aren’t Marxists anymore than most Republicans are racists. I hope we can one day move past the hyper partisanship and once again recognize the humanity in the people we disagree with.
Old 11-12-2017, 00:19   #103
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
He’s garbage...
Explain, please. With facts.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:19   #104
the squid
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Explain, please. With facts.
I'm not going to vote for a guy who cannot give a decisive answer on whether or not homosexuals should be executed: http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/11/politi...son/index.html

Or who believes that the decision legalizing gay marriage was worse than the Dred Scott decision: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...57-pro-slavery

Or who pontificates on returning to our "Constitutional roots" but ignores something as clear as the no religious test clause: http://www.wnd.com/2006/12/39271/

Or who goes beyond mere disagreement and just plain lies, arguing NFL players who knelt "broke the law": http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...eaking-the-law

Is that sufficient for your purposes?
Old 11-12-2017, 10:26   #105
Paslode
Area Commander

I vividly recall my father driving me from Shreveport, LA to the Vicksburg National Park in and around 1972. We stopped at a little place in-between to get gas and relieve ourselves. That establishment still in 1972, almost 100 years after the Civil War and the Emancipation Proclamation had White ONLY facilities and Blacks were not allowed inside. Whites openly discriminated against blacks.

All of that was illegal, just as having sex a person under the age of consent, but it was acceptable in that part of country......old habits are hard to break, it takes several generations to change the tide of what is acceptable.