Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 1st Special Forces Group

Old 11-11-2011, 22:32   #1
JustaSupportGuy
Asset

1SFG Campaign Streamers free to good home

I worked with the 1SFG command group a while back and was instructed to change out the streamers on the group colors. Not wanting a piece of history to be discarded and thrown away, I brought them home to add to my own military collection. I have moved on from 1SFG and feel that the streamers should be with one of the real "SF Guys" of 1SFG and not just a past support guy. If you are still in the JBLM area, I could meet you to give them to you. If you are out of the area, all I would ask is cost of shipping a small flat-rate box. Please PM me if interested, I will post on here when they are gone.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:08   #2
Pete
Quiet Professional

Maybe the SFA Chapter

Maybe the SFA Chapter at Ft Lewis might be a good place.

Might keep them from "disappearing" over time. Hate to see them pop up on ebay when an individual passes on and the family yard sales them.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:06   #3
Richard
Quiet Professional

I concur with Pete's suggestion.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:25   #4
x SF med
Quiet Professional

JASG- PM me - I'm in Ch 16 right here around Lewis... I think we can work something out to meet - I'm going to the puyallup Gun Show today so I won't have my computer handy... I may be in the Lacey/ Olympia area tomorrow.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 13:09   #5
JustaSupportGuy
Asset

Thanks for the suggestion for the streamers to go to the Local SFA Chapter. I know they will be appreciated there. I think it is great that the guys there that actually have a connection to the streamers (maybe participated in the campaigns) will be able to enjoy them.

Thanks all and stay safe.
Old 11-12-2011, 13:28   #6
LongWire
Quiet Professional

If that falls through I would be willing to meet so that they can get to KP and the Association.

Thanks.

Update:.........Streamers secured and returned to unit. Seems that they were on the books!!!! They may end up in the Mess, but we shall see.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall

Last edited by LongWire; 01-15-2012 at 03:25.
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote