Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 03-31-2019, 20:05   #1561
Badger52
Area Commander

Wow, thanks for sharing those Pat. Man whoever got the 274 & has it runnin' should be one proud individual. That 3/4T with the B-17 behind is a money shot. Nice work.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 20:48   #1562
PSM
Area Commander

The 274 looked brand new, I don't know if he restored it or bought it from surplus. I just wish he'd put the information in front of it instead of on it. It's a little hard to see the 60 and all the ammo boxes that he had on it. The 3/4 looked new, too, as did some of the Jeeps. I'd planned on taking more pictures but once our flight got canceled my wife wanted to head home and get the dog out of the kennel. They had displays of various rations over the years, weapons, (2 of the Jeeps had rifle scabbards, with rifles, and one had a rig I'd never even heard of. It was a medal holder that was attached to the dashboard and the rifle was inserted up into it. It had a quick release lever to free it either to the driver or front seat passenger. It was well worth the $15 we didn't spend to see it. We got in free since we had booked a flight. Whole day cost us nothing.

BTW, the 17 was taxiing behind the 3/4, you just can't tell that the props are turning.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 03-31-2019 at 20:50.
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 13:46   #1563
Box
Quiet Professional

The weekend is almost here.
Hip Hip Hooray.

...of course, it is supposed to be crappy weather all weekend so I probably wont get to go skydiving and I probably wont get to play dress up and shoot my cowboy guns.

I could probably sit some steel targets up in my yard and shoot from inside the garage but that may or may not upset some of my neighbors.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 14:10   #1564
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I could probably sit some steel targets up in my yard and shoot from inside the garage but that may or may not upset some of my neighbors.
Pro tip: They get less agitated when their pictures aren't glued to the targets.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 14:48   #1565
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
The weekend is almost here.
Hip Hip Hooray.

...of course, it is supposed to be crappy weather all weekend so I probably wont get to go skydiving and I probably wont get to play dress up and shoot my cowboy guns.

A little rain doesn’t deter a real cowboy.

Neighbors don’t deter a real cowboy, either.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 19:31   #1566
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
A little rain doesn’t deter a real cowboy.

Neighbors don’t deter a real cowboy, either.
That smoke hangs in the air so much better with a little humidity.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 04-13-2019, 13:00   #1567
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Another reason for suppressed firearms. HOAs should REQUIRE them.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 15:29   #1568
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

This time next Saturday I will be in TX and have my new Bike.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 16:03   #1569
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
I probably wont get to play dress up and shoot my cowboy guns.
If you decide to play dress up to shoot your cowboy guns, don't forget to put on those cowboy chaps......LOL.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Have fun with your new bike next week

Next week I'll be listening to some music outside at our local Slate Farm Brewery...it looks to be nice weather in MD......

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 20:46   #1570
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Pedal fast! Got a road trip planed?

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 21:03   #1571
Box
Quiet Professional

I don't have leather chaps YET but I still had a good day of Cowboy Action Shooting on Saturday.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:35   #1572
tonyz
Area Commander

I just listened and want to share - encourage all to listen...warning...damn allergies...computer screen may get a little fuzzy.

THIS is the real reason the SJWs want to ban Kate Smith. This song should create happy thoughts for all Americans !

Great way to end a work week and start the weekend !

God Bless America !

Kate Smith - God Bless America

https://m.*******.com/watch?v=TnQDW-NMaRs

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:12   #1573
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Grand Daughter will be 6 tomorrow. Light of our lives..
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 14:32   #1574
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
They can be a true joy. Modelling clay & you are the sculptor. Get it right.

Old 04-30-2019, 15:31   #1575
Requiem
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Sweet! Happiest of days to your granddaughter and wishing her many, many more with her granddad.

S.