Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2018, 11:51   #1
chdoro89
Asset

Progress

I'm currently home for HBL but only have 8 days let of infantry OSUT when I return to Ft. Benning this week and then its off to airborne school. Basic training is not very hard physically, the most difficult part is the constant punishment (via standing in formation for hours) because 18 and 19 year-olds don't know how to shut up, stand still or move out with a purpose at the appropriate times. The opportunity to get hands on with various weapons was the highlight for me and some of the training was very beneficial. There is not much opportunity to practice rucking; we did a 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 mile road march at a slow 18 min mile pace finishing with a 6 mile ruck/run in an hour and 20 minutes. My 2 mile run time improved from 14:30 to 11:45 but my pushups/situps both decreased from my PT score prior to shipping. I'm looking forward to having some personal time now for self guided PT. In the end basic training is one of those things I'm glad I did but also glad that I don't have to do it again. I'll keep you updated as the road progresses.
chdoro89 is offline   Reply With Quote