Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 09-22-2012, 14:41   #1
Wiseman
Guerrilla Chief

Interesting turn of events

http://news.yahoo.com/anti-militia-p...174301962.html

With all of the riots happening world wide, I find it encouraging that there are Libyans who want to distance themselves from the militias that most likely played a role in instigating this whole disaster.
Wiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:41   #2
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

So who is the majority? The Muslims that are calling for peace or the ones calling for death to America?

Quote:
"In accordance to the principles of Doublethink, it does not matter if the war is not real, or when it is, that victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous. The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. In principle, the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects. And its object is not victory over Eurasia or Eastasia, but to keep the very structure of society intact." Julia? Are you awake? There is truth, and there is untruth. To be in a minority of one doesn't make you mad.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:29   #3
sterinn
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
QUOTE-
In accordance to the principles of Doublethink, it does not matter if the war is not real, or when it is, that victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous. The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. In principle, the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects. And its object is not victory over Eurasia or Eastasia, but to keep the very structure of society intact." Julia? Are you awake? There is truth, and there is untruth. To be in a minority of one doesn't make you mad
I don't believe yourself or anyone here in America subscribe to that thinking unless you've actively sought out that type of brainwashing. I believe this effort is a shove against our stance with foreign policy, which is viewed by many to be weak. History tells us this pattern since the beginning of time. Weakness = opportunity. In out circumstance it's OUR weakness and Radical opportunity.

This rebel vs rebel action against the original aggressors surely is interesting and I believe as the world continues to come to a boil, it will become increasingly so....

God be with us.
sterinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:40   #4
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterinn View Post
I don't believe yourself or anyone here in America subscribe to that thinking unless you've actively sought out that type of brainwashing. I believe this effort is a shove against our stance with foreign policy, which is viewed by many to be weak. History tells us this pattern since the beginning of time. Weakness = opportunity. In out circumstance it's OUR weakness and Radical opportunity.

This rebel vs rebel action against the original aggressors surely is interesting and I believe as the world continues to come to a boil, it will become increasingly so....

God be with us.
Have you ever read 1984?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
Old 09-24-2012, 12:48   #5
sterinn
Asset

No I haven't, but I couldn't read in 1984

Although a quick Google search has taught me alot.

I just finished with No Easy Day, I'm in a Map Reading/Land Nav Army book, and now 1984 is on the list, bear with me- I'm still fairly new to this world and learning

Last edited by sterinn; 09-24-2012 at 15:05. Reason: clarity
Old 09-24-2012, 13:51   #6
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I couldn't read in 1984

Although a quick Google search has taught me alot.

I just finished with No Easy Day, I'm in a Map Reading/Land Nav Army book, and now 1984 is on the list, bear with me- I'm still fairly new to this world and learning
I'm not sure how to respond to that.
Old 09-24-2012, 14:52   #7
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
Try "Na-Noo Na-Noo".
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:42   #8
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Keep in mind he's 27...and 1984 hasn't been discussed much in schools in a very long time.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46   #9
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Me either. But I'll give it a try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dude-wtf.jpg (26.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27   #10
Barbarian
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Try "Na-Noo Na-Noo".
Lol!
Old 09-25-2012, 15:36   #11
sterinn
Asset

lol, okay okay! I see how this is going.....

I sent a PM to ZonieDiver in an effort to squash this and not bring more attention to not knowing wtf I quoted which has shown to be futile.

But to address all-

I've never read 1984. I googled the book- discovered that my soft mushy brain has never been exposed to the opportunity to have taken in this Sci-Fi novel. It's on my reading list to take it all in in order to continue my education. If yall feel necessary, I can share with all the powers I've gained from the knowledge herein I'll post a report for yall to see that I've taken something away from it.

Moving on....

The Saints are 0-3 and the Texans just beat the Broncos.

Last edited by sterinn; 09-26-2012 at 05:16. Reason: PM correction
Old 09-25-2012, 20:41   #12
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Moving on....
Now you're talking.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote