Old 10-03-2011, 11:17   #46
33army
Guerrilla

Ten posts and the welder already feels tall enough to mouth off to the members of this forum? I am by no means a QP but I have put enough time under my belt as a soldier to tell you that you are a bit off your rocker. Most of the members of this forum have spent anywhere from a few years to most of their adult lives putting themselves in harms way so that you might become a hardcore truck driving-house painting welder. Hell, I bet some of the people on here where learning how to kill before you were learning how to walk. I find it slightly amusing that you find it appropriate to speak of anyone like that. Kind of sounds like someone takes their freedom for granted if you ask me. How about this, the next time you feel the urge to disrespect the QP's on this forum and everyone in uniform for that matter, get your welding gear, catch a flight to the Helmand Province and try welding under fire. That might teach you something.

QP's please delete if I was out of place for this.
Old 10-03-2011, 13:59   #47
cold1
Guerrilla

MadDawg,

10 whole post and you feel like you can run your suck hole and tell these guys they are being meanies.

From one guest to another "etadik".
Quit giving geust a bad name.
cold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 14:26   #48
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogG View Post
WHile I do respect you, and your accomplishment, I do personally think "Respect is earned not given". However, my point of view is irrelevant to you immortal gods of the warrior tradition.
Ah, you have come far my son! You have begun to grasp the knowledge and wisdom of which we speak and choose to bestow upon thee. Therefore, I shall bless thee with my countenance and allow thee to gaze upon my Randall Knife and kiss my Black Star-Saphire Ring! Bow before the awe inspiring awesomeness that is I!
Old 10-03-2011, 14:35   #49
Pete
Quiet Professional

MadDogG

You've vented a bit and the board has replied.

It's your choice right now to come back and be a regular member or drift off somewhere else.

But you are no longer a "gray man". All the members of the board will now be watching your posts to see if they have any meat on them or if they're just fluff. To see if you were just venting - or if that's the way you truely are.

We shall see.............
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 14:38   #50
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
How about one of the nice QP mod's close this thread before it turns into a flash mob??

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 14:51   #51
Guy
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogG
WHile I do respect you, and your accomplishment, I do personally think "Respect is earned not given". However, my point of view is irrelevant to you immortal gods of the warrior tradition.
Need we say more?

Stay safe.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 14:56   #52
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
How about one of the nice QP mod's close this thread before it turns into a flash mob??

I second the Motion!!!!!!!
SF_BHT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 16:07   #53
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post

Dang...I already flipped my car over in the driveway and set it on fire....

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 16:12   #54
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdret1 View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been laughing my ass off during this whole thread! I think we should keep MD20/20 around as the Court Jester.. He reminds me of the cherry to the unit that tries too hard to impress the old guys at the bar.

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 10-03-2011 at 16:17.
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 16:22   #55
Don
Quiet Professional

But wait...does anyone realize it has been almost a year to the day that the "Your Ruck is in the Hall" thread has been updated? Hmmm? It used to keep me coming back here regularly.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 16:33   #56
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Chortle...
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 16:34   #57
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
But wait...does anyone realize it has been almost a year to the day that the "Your Ruck is in the Hall" thread has been updated? Hmmm? It used to keep me coming back here regularly.
I was thinking the same thing, but my guess is that before MadDogG posted his "rant" it had the desired impact on most guests..........
Old 10-03-2011, 16:52   #58
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Peons like myself do not have access to that forum.......

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 17:09   #59
Requiem
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Dang...I already flipped my car over in the driveway and set it on fire....
LOL!

No matter what some people accuse QPs of being - you're some of the funniest men around. Thanks for the humor you guys bring to the rest of us.

Susan
Old 10-03-2011, 18:03   #60
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Yep. I thought that he was. I'm sorry. I just seem to be noticing a recurring theme on this forum. It seems to me, that certain individuals, feel it's ok to attack some one else in a message, and be rude, and then expect the other person to just let it slide. As if.....well, as if you think everyone should kiss your ass because your a member of a certain group. While what you have achieved in your lifetime is truly extraordinary and granted few can make the cut....you are still just mortal men. Time and time again I read on this site, some of you referring to not getting upset, and being able to take criticism, while all the while, you the men that us mere mortals are supposed to be looking up to, get emotionally upset when you think that some one is being disrespectful. I see a huge disconnect between the label and that self proclaimed professionalism. I mean it makes one wonder if you walk around town with a big sign that says, "Bow before the awe inspiring awesomeness that is I" You know what I mean? I know 'Read More and post less", I get that. I've read far more than I've posted. I've held my tongue on this as well. For the short time that I've been here, and the many posts that I have read, this is a recurring theme. WHile I do respect you, and your accomplishment, I do personally think you take yourselves a little too seriously, and you do not afford the same respect that you would have others give you. The next post will be somebody saying, "Respect is earned not given" and that is wrong as well. You can't earn it. It is given in small amounts until such time as you deem that person not worthy of it. Otherwise we would all be pissing on each others shoes and going to blows.

With that being said. My point of view however irrelevant to you immortal gods of the warrior tradition. Was that one of you was verbally attacking a mere mortal of a man and when he defended himself, the immortal got butt hurt, and the other immortals started crying foul. Get real. You either want men, that can stand up for themselves, or you want people to suck up, kiss your feet, and move on. You can't have it both ways. If it takes being a man who says what he means, and means what he says, to be a member of your outfit, then except it when a man stands up for himself. If he can't and has to revert to being a suck up....did you really want him anyways? I'm sure someone will come on here and tell me that I am out of line, and tell me I am warned and how many strikes I will have against me. It's ok. I have broad shoulders. I'm not 19 or 20. It takes a lot to impress me these days. If you choose to see this as an attack, or a disrespectful post that is your choice. It's the truth, and the truth will either offend you or it will change you. I wonder will you ban me for speaking my mind and calling it like I see it? Are you professional? Can you take the same criticism that you dish out? It's your house, and I am a guest, but I am curious to know, can a man, speak his mind in your house?

You know, that quote was a long way from this one below.

Quote:
from a civilians stand point. I think in my mind anyways. WHen people like my future ex-wife are talking about this war or that war. HOw soldiers are doing the right or the wrong, blah, blah, blah. There is a part at the beginning of John Wayne's 'Green Berets' movie that has always stuck out in my mind, "A soldier goes where he's told to go and fights whoever he's told to fight.", that a lot of people miss. ONce you sign your name on that piece of paper, you take that oath, you are saying you WILL go wherever you are asked to go and perform your duty for your country whatever that may be. As civilians, especially in the United States, the idea of not having a choice in the matter....is well, hard to realize, and to understand. WHile yes, ( and I may be wrong), there are some instances where personal, moral, i.e., religious reasons perhaps may prevent a soldier from doing a certain assignment, for the most part, I think that quote holds true. And well it should. So yeah, I think that some soldiers do have a little bit of disdain for civilians, and why shouldn't they? I think TR brought out some really good examples off why they might get a little pissed off at us civilians, because we don't know, and we don't and can't understand, what there life is like until we have been there, if and when one ever does. What one of us, that has never been in the military, let alone a war, can really and truly understand or even begin to fathom the kinds of choices they have to make on an everyday basis? The decisions these gentlemen make, and many other soldiers, isn't what to wear to work, or what soda pop they are going to buy on the way, or what to get for dinner that night, it's who do I have to send into harms way, that might not ever come home. That's a question that is hard to grasp for someone that hasn't been there. I know, because I haven't been there. Really when everyday is a life or death decision, as civilians, we should just say 'Thank you, god bless you for what you do, and may you come home safe every day, or night." Then take TR's advice, and "READ MORE AND POST LESS!" Cause as civilians we DON'T HAVE A FREAKING CLUE! Really. So...time to read more and post less.

Maybe you should have taken some of that advice you dispensed so freely just a few weeks ago.

Let me break this down for you.

I quit counting memorial services for my brothers when I had attended 21 of them. Imagine a couple of your best friends being killed every month for ten years. That is what we are dealing with now. Mistakes get people killed. Doing the right thing can get people killed. Helping people can get you killed. And sometimes, doing nothing at all can get people killed as well. We are people who have serious jobs, and have to have a serious attitude. People who fail to follow simple instructions piss us off.

Have you spent a lot of Christmases in some austere location, missing your family? Have you gone a year without a beer, because someone else thought you should? Have you been injured risking your life for people you do not even know, and who probably wouldn't like you or appreciate it if they did? I am not altogether certain that people who do not have to deploy, shower, sleep, and share blood with their coworkers should be telling us who we have to accept and how we should change our attitudes. My beliefs are my own. Not an apology, or an excuse. Just the way it is. BTW, what you have done for your country today?

Some of us are pretty damn funny, too. It helps to break the tension. Occasionally.

Most of us are fathers. We do FID and UW in some of the worst places on this planet to help the locals out. We get the helping people grow and guiding those less fortunate than ourselves bit. At the same time, as noted, this is our house, and you are a guest. You are entitled to express your opinion. Respectfully. Do not be surprised if people disagree with you. If you do not put down the shovel in time, then you run the risk of getting dogpiled. Probably happens some in one of those bars you mentioned. Someone has one too many, opens his mouth at the wrong place and time, and gets knocked on his ass. If he is smart, he shuts up, nurses his next drink, and comes back again for another night. Or he can open his mouth again and make it worse. Sometimes, much worse. You know the deal.

Things will occasionally get heated among ourselves, but mutual respect is always afforded to brothers, and we try not to make our pissing contests public. You are not a brother. You are not even the friend of a brother. You will not get that tolerance here for a long time, if ever.

If reading this board and the way we act disturbs you, visit another of the millions of forums out there. I don't come here to read what you think about us, good, bad, or indifferent. I don't care what you think. I believe that life is too short to be concerned with you and your opinions. If you want to stay, accept the rules we place on guests and conduct yourself accordingly. If you really want to jock up and be one of the brothers, see a recruiter. Once you have a beret, a couple of years on a team, and a deployment or two, come back, get vetted, and jump right in with both feet. If you are a brother, and you piss off a guest, I will always have your back, at least publicly.

If this offends you as well, and you are still experiencing severe vaginal pain, complete this attached form and submit it to any admin here for initial disapproval. Resubmit in 90 days for final disapproval.

Have a very SF day.

TR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hurt-feelings-report.jpg (79.0 KB, 444 views)
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote