Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2017, 06:48   #1
tobeabeast
Asset

Green to gold program?

I'm shipping to Ft Benning in July for BCT with an 18X contract. I did two years of college but for personal reasons am choosing to enlist now instead of when I graduate. I know I will want to finish my degree at some point but am also considering a career in the Army, should I make it through the pipeline. I am trying to find some info on the G2G program but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of info out there specific to SF and my recruiter didn't know anything. I'd appreciate some help with these questions:

1. Do you have to have to spend a certain amount of time with your unit following training before you can apply for this?

2. Is it extraordinarily difficult to do this? Not sure how the application works and how many people they're willing to send. I know there are three options that are part of the program and I imagine some are are easier to get than others?

3. I did read somewhere that once you commission, you'd have to be promotable (ie 1LT) before you can rejoin SF. Can anyone confirm? I assume you'd be at the needs of the Army until that point - any idea where they tend to put people? Would you have to repeat any part of Selection and/or the Q course?

Thank you for your help!
tobeabeast is offline   Reply With Quote