Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > National Guard SF Groups > 19th Group

Old 07-11-2006, 21:19   #31
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
I'll ask it anyway. Who decides which NG group a soldier drills with. Is it simply a matter of contacting the 19th? Or, is it similar to active duty on a "needs of the Army " basis?
Well obviously, your state Guard.

If you are looking at being an out of state member, then that unit would probably decide if they wanted/needed you or not. I doubt that the 19th would take a non-tabbed guy and drop him on a state unit that did not want him.

If you don't get selected, as 18C4V noted, you may get transferred to another non-SF unit that the state Guard needs you in for the duration of your contract.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 17:14   #32
GOLO
Asset

Question Try outs OCT Northern Cali

Is the tryouts for OCT still on for the 19th SF.. or has it change to a later date.
Also, when is the next tryouts after the one in OCT. I dont have the rucksack to train with but have been training hard in other areas for the one coming up in OCt but still havent touch a rucksack.. although have been working my lower body on an cycle.

Should I wait for the next one and or just go for the one in OCT.. and see where I stand..???

Need your advice??
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. {12} For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. We also see the struggle explained in Daniel: (Daniel 10:12-13 NIV)
GOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 21:37   #33
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLO
Is the tryouts for OCT still on for the 19th SF.. or has it change to a later date.
Also, when is the next tryouts after the one in OCT. I dont have the rucksack to train with but have been training hard in other areas for the one coming up in OCt but still havent touch a rucksack.. although have been working my lower body on an cycle.

Should I wait for the next one and or just go for the one in OCT.. and see where I stand..???

Need your advice??

come to the Oct tryouts and see where you stand. We may not have one after Oct if you can read between the lines.
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 21:34   #34
CERBERUS
Asset

Is rep.63 geared towards younger soldiers? Are there any "older" non-prior guys that have been successful through this enlistment option?
CERBERUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 21:51   #35
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

I havent made it "thru" just yet but here are a few of us 'older guys' who are holding our own.

REP-63 is the NG's version of the 18X enlistment option.

HTH

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 23:50   #36
CERBERUS
Asset

Just how old is "older"? Where are you at in the pipeline?
CERBERUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:07   #37
Alacrity
Quiet Professional

19SFG

Trying to get a hold of an email address for the recruiter at Los Alamitos, CA so I can figure out how this process works. Currently stationed at Lewis, looking to go guard. Our phone here is pretty spotty so I'd rather communicate by email. If someone wants to verify my cred and pass along said email I'd appreciate it.
Alacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:37   #38
head
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
Trying to get a hold of an email address for the recruiter at Los Alamitos, CA so I can figure out how this process works. Currently stationed at Lewis, looking to go guard. Our phone here is pretty spotty so I'd rather communicate by email. If someone wants to verify my cred and pass along said email I'd appreciate it.
PM sent.
Old 05-21-2010, 16:45   #39
dualforces
Asset

POC

I am prior service, 42 y.o. professional, wanting to re-enlist, focused on the NG 19th Group.

I spoke with a NG recruiter, was briefly surmised on the process and directed to wait for the next SFRE (which maybe be in November) and try out.

Luckily, I have a "friend of a friend" situation, so I did get a POC, had a quick convo and of course, more questions came to mind after the phone call.

At this point, my POC cannot be contacted (I don't feel this is the proper place to divulge his information online).

I am physically fit, training for the SFRE, highly motivated wanting to serve again and very focused on joining into the SF Community.

If anyone can send me a POC for the 19th Group, Los Alamitos or other constructive direction like,
"KICK ROCKS, YOU'RE TOO DAMN OLD. THERE'S NO SLOTS"..I would be able to focus my energies on another way to serve.

In addition, I would be forever grateful..!
dualforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 17:26   #40
18C/GS 0602
Quiet Professional

dualforces,

Have you tried calling the unit?

http://calguard.ca.gov/sf/Pages/contact.aspx
18C/GS 0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 17:59   #41
dualforces
Asset

Thanks bdonham...
I will try that general number.
dualforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:07   #42
Jgood
Quiet Professional

Got a buddy over here with me in Astan, 18 series can I get a PM on a good POC email/phone he is getting out and looking at Los Alamitos, CA

Thanks in advance
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:19   #43
head
Quiet Professional

Sent PM, Jgood.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:27   #44
Jgood
Quiet Professional

Now thats fast 17mins and thousands of miles away

God I love this site, Thanks BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by head View Post
Sent PM, Jgood.
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 22:50   #45
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgood View Post
Now thats fast 17mins and thousands of miles away

God I love this site, Thanks BRO
While not related to this particular thread, I will most emphatically echo that sentiment: God, I love this site!