Old 01-11-2010, 12:37   #1
Knucklehead
SF Candidate

Possible poser

Last week, a fella came into my place of employment wearing a black patrol cap with the Special Forces Tab and the crest on it. Being an 18x, i asked this gent if he was in Special Forces. He proceded to tell me that he went through the training but was kicked out 2 days before graduation because of an incident that had come to light to the cadre. This incident involved the man beating the crap out of a Lieutenant because he went the wrong way on a patrol. The man then said that he was boarded and told the board that he didn't give a flying @#$% what happened to him. He was then assigned to the 82nd Airborne. The man began going on about how SF guys are nothing but stuck up pricks. I was wondering why in God's name was this man wearing a symbol that he didn't earn and seemed to not care for the men who wore it rightfully. I was wondering if this guy was a poser or just an extreme jackass.

Knucklehead.
Knucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:46   #2
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Both.

"The views expressed in this post are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy
or position of the Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government."
- From Army Regulation 360-1, Paragraph 6-8 (2)
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 13:04   #3
wet dog

knucklehead -

Sorry you had to experience that, otherwise, have a great day.
Old 01-11-2010, 13:26   #4
albeham
Quiet Professional

Its his way... something in life really can't be explained ...

AL
Old 01-11-2010, 14:17   #5
Richard
Quiet Professional

Either a jackass masquerading as a poser or a wannabe masquerading as a jackass...or both - take your pick.

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 14:49   #6
Knucklehead
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
knucklehead -

Sorry you had to experience that, otherwise, have a great day.

Yeah, I was kinda bummed. I was looking for someone that I could talk to in person about SF, but alas, he ended up being the turd floating in the pool that day.

EDIT: The jackass in question's name is (name removed by Kyo).

Last edited by Kyobanim; 01-11-2010 at 14:54. Reason: Kucklehead, PM the name to an admin before you post it in public.
Knucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 16:30   #7
Pete
Quiet Professional

Knucklehead

Knucklehead, you've got 12 posts so far. You need to take a second look at them all and then ask yourself - "Is this the best I can do?"

Your posts say more about yourself than you could ever say face to face.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 19:34   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I am tired of watching you flounder about starting new threads about issues discussed elsewhere, or irrelevant. You now have my attention.

If you start another useless thread, you will be on the outside of this site looking in.

Have a very SF day.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote