Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 01-16-2021, 12:37   #16
frostfire
Area Commander

Praying n wishing for the NG for successful and safe execution of the mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
$Bill Clinton, when he "reduced the size government," did so on the backs of cutting the active force. He put the combat power of the Army into the Guard, and the CS,CSS into the Reserves. Smart in one way in that if we ever MOB for a "war," the hometown goes and gets immediate support. That was part and parcel of his militant adventurism around the world with Madelain Albright (half-bright). Many of these places we are still stuck, a generation later.

It's unfair to the Guard as they have to complete the individual, common, and collective tasks in 29 days for the year, wherein our active forces barely can get them done in 365 days. We can do EO/SHARP/suicide prevention/and security awareness training like crazy, but running a range or getting out and practicing killing our enemies..?? Not so much.

Not sure about the arming status of the Guard, but when we discussed it down here, if they are federalized (Title 10), the decision was made NOT to arm them (allow rounds). As usual, I think that a stupid decision. If it is dangerous enough to have the guard and require them to have weapons, they should have the rounds for the weapons. If the Brass doesn't "trust" their troops with live rounds, then the Brass should be relieved for failure to train their forces adequately.
You just gave me ptsd as I flashback to....

There I was...
Got the marksmanship team to give few days of solid coaching
Spent $$$ to get civilian SME to give solid commo training w the latest gear

All cut short to complete trans training an walk around in jeans
O’s legacies

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:54   #17
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The National Guard:

Have family members in the NG, They are GOOD PEOPLE, however, they & probably 99.9% of the NG are not trained for police work by & large. I along with other FOG's remember Kent State & that tragedy. A lot of people in a crowd & agitators screaming at Authority (people in uniform & carrying weapons) Some ass-wipe hollers "Those guns aren't loaded" that's all it takes for a giant shit-show to ensue. The Answer, I don't have one, way above my pay grade & expertise. THOUGHTS...
Old 01-16-2021, 14:36   #18
Chucko
Guerrilla

No desk pops allowed in the Capital.
Old 01-16-2021, 21:07   #19
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
Have family members in the NG, They are GOOD PEOPLE, however, they & probably 99.9% of the NG are not trained for police work by & large. I along with other FOG's remember Kent State & that tragedy. A lot of people in a crowd & agitators screaming at Authority (people in uniform & carrying weapons) Some ass-wipe hollers "Those guns aren't loaded" that's all it takes for a giant shit-show to ensue. The Answer, I don't have one, way above my pay grade & expertise. THOUGHTS...
My son is an NG Warrant. The first called up is MPs to cover local LEOs by providing crowd and traffic control. Second is Infantry to detain any problem children that LEOs and MPs pass back to them. This is largely another circus side show since the "Inauguration" will be virtual anyway.

Kent State was 50 years ago and a whole lot of changes have been made. Army NG back then was a hideout for guys that didn't want to get drafted (I wont call them draft dodgers because they were, at least, available for deployment). Today's NG, as pointed out, has many combat units that have deployed many times, they are more professional and mature than in the '70s.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:10   #20
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

Guard CinC

I noticed how all the Dim Governors are mobilizing their state guard units and send them to DC to “protect democracy”, coupled with all the press releases.

Of note is all the press releases concerning the recent events in DC, the death if USCP officer, and the inauguration are being issued by Dims. Not one Rep news release.

Media not publishing Rep releases or are the Reps absent again. Reps In Name Only by chance?

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:43   #21
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
You just gave me ptsd as I flashback to....

There I was...
Got the marksmanship team to give few days of solid coaching
Spent $$$ to get civilian SME to give solid commo training w the latest gear

All cut short to complete trans training an walk around in jeans
O’s legacies
Even pre-O. Same affliction here.

cat in the hat's observation about leadership positions acquired by other than competency might explain issues we had at our mobstation with a few of these units that are now showing up for 'the Surge' in the DC Green Zone. A couple were even sent home and I got the impression from talking to my colleagues in other disciplines (from Log to the IN Tng Bde) that some of the units were systemically just a kluge. "Ate up" from the top down is the highly technical term applied.

This was awhile ago - maybe things got better.
At least Duffel Blog is on it.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:21   #22
Swoop
Quiet Professional

I don’t seem to remember as much enthusiasm for bringing in the Guard during this past summer’s “mostly peaceful” rioting, looting and fire-sale events. JMOO

DOL
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:30   #23
JimP
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
I don’t seem to remember as much enthusiasm for bringing in the Guard during this past summer’s “mostly peaceful” rioting, looting and fire-sale events. JMOO

DOL
that's cause you're a hating, hateful hater full of hate and white privilege who can't see his toxic whiteness. At least that's what I am being told.

I laugh about the lie people of color are telling that if the siege was by black people the cops would have beaten and killed them all. I said: :"Like all the riots this summer when BLM was actively assaulting cops, looting stores, committing arson?"

Here, some unarmed white chick (Veteran) is climbing through a window and they pop her. If she was black, cities would be burning now, Ben Crump would be looking for his next beach house, and the goblins would be rioting in the street.
JimP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:35   #24
Swoop
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
that's cause you're a hating, hateful hater full of hate and white privilege who can't see his toxic whiteness.
You got me! Guilty as charged.
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:32   #25
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:

DOL
That's because it was the annual Nike Shoe sale and Weenie Roast, bring your own fire starters.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:04   #26
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:

DOL
That was a figment of your imagination. What you were seeing was a hoax, a myth. Fat Jerry is a beacon of truth! CNN the arbiter of facts!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:58   #27
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
That was a figment of your imagination. What you were seeing was a hoax, a myth. Fat Jerry is a beacon of truth! CNN the arbiter of facts!
It's just an idea.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 20:51   #28
Penn
Area Commander

Taking everything into consideration, especially the election outcome, political, cultural conflicts from gender to historical revisionism, I do not see the NG or AR, pulling on American citizens.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 21:28   #29
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I’m just tickled pink with the long term change of heart the Democrats in Washington have come to acknowledge. I haven’t heard Nancy Pelosi invoke the US Constitution as many times as she and Schumer have in the past year in over three decades. And the list of sudden support for these things is quite simply astonishing.

- Fences are good now.
- The NG should be used to quell violent protests.
- The police should be recognized for the hard work they do to protect the citizens.

And...

- Migrant caravans from Central America are bad and should stay in Central America.

- I’m certain that she will have to sign Biden’s $1.9T economic relief bill into law before reading it. (Some things just will not change if they can take money from hard working Americans and give it to themselves.)

But hey, four outta five ain’t bad.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:18   #30
Pete
Quiet Professional

And to take a big leap into the rabbit hole there is this....

"Pentagon fears there could be an INSIDE attack during Biden's inauguration and will vet all 25,000 National Guard troops stationed in DC - as Army reservist with 'secret' security clearance is arrested in Capitol siege"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-attack.html

"...The massive undertaking reflects the extraordinary security concerns that have gripped Washington following the deadly January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump rioters.

It also underscores fears that some of the very people assigned to protect the city over the next several days could present a threat to the incoming president and other VIPs in attendance...."

Pumping up the narrative.....
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote