Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-10-2014, 07:29   #1
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

$45 Billion Wasted in Redundant Federal Programs:

$45 Billion Wasted in Redundant Federal Programs: GAO - See more at: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl....uFAxn5gu.dpuf

I wonder how many A-10's we could keep flying?

BMT
Old 04-18-2014, 23:32   #2
YM Cating
Auxiliary

Well here's a scary article for you. Apparently there are so many departments in IC that they're actually less effective because of redundant info but also not enough hours in a day to get through it all. So the people at the top often can't be briefed because there's literally no time.

If I were a betting man I'd say they're wasting more than 45 Billion but that's just a guess given this administrations track record.

Maybe if they were more focused on watching what's going on outside the country rather than inside the country we'd have a heads up on what's going on in the world (Ukraine) and save a few bucks (45 Billion+)

Disarming and reducing BLM would also be a good start. Scrap the EPA entirely and get rid of the ED. Let states deal with that.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/t...eyond-control/

Cheers!
YM Cating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:45   #3
cbtengr
Area Commander

The wasting of tax payer funds can be claimed by both parties without prejudice in fact wasting our money is the only partisan act they share.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:52   #4
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

I see millions wasted away every year in the contract world. It's the way the system works, If you don't like it you can just suck it up or revolt.
At least those are the options the Supreme Court gave us two weeks ago.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:50   #5
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Nothing new.. Always been going on. The only thing now, with the GWOT it was a lot easier and had less oversight.

As far as the IC and their redundant programs, nothing new in the DoD world. We triple spend on programs between services, departments, agencies p; all because they are "different." Such a bull crap line.

Lot hen you gave the congressional/senate oversights. Got to just love them. Lining pockets between each other just to make their own money on the backs of America.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote