Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-09-2014, 19:55   #16
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Concur.

Let her talk, ask questions, and charge her with perjury of anything that she gets wrong.

Go for the next level up, if not two levels. Keep at it till you reach the top, ala Nixon.

TR
Bingo TR. I'm with you.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 21:31   #17
fasteddie565
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
Give her immunity and call her to a hearing so she has to spill her guts...the only way to get any truth or resolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Concur.

Let her talk, ask questions, and charge her with perjury of anything that she gets wrong.

Go for the next level up, if not two levels. Keep at it till you reach the top, ala Nixon.

TR
You give her immunity and then she takes one for the team, says it was all her doing and then walks away with some big retirement and a job on K street polishing the knob of Holders Chronies.

These people have no honor, what makes you think she will tell the truth, or that Holder would prosecure her if she did lie?
Old 04-09-2014, 21:35   #18
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie565 View Post
You give her immunity and then she takes one for the team, says it was all her doing and then walks away with some big retirement and a job on K street polishing the knob of Holders Chronies.

These people have no honor, what makes you think she will tell the truth, or that Holder would prosecure her if she did lie?
I could not agree more........ a dirt nap would be more appropriate..........
Old 04-09-2014, 21:56   #19
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Damned Realists!
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:43   #20
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Perjury and contempt can hold someone a long time.

Holder needs to go.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:56   #21
Pete
Quiet Professional

If she

If she admits it and takes one for the team then she just screwed all her underlings.

That means all the IRS employees with Obama screen savers and posters on the wall of their IRS office knew what they were doing and didn't say anything about it.

Whole bunch of IRS employees should be in jail....but ain't going to happen.

After HRC in 2016 this will really become a third world "Democrat dictatorship" enabled by low level minions.

Oh, me? The one organization I don't mess with is the IRS. I never take any "questionable" deductions and NEVER lie on my return. My goal is that if I'm audited I'm walking out with money. If its on my return I have a receipt for it.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:11   #22
Firelord
Asset

Garrity Warning

I conducted a number of internal investigations for the Fire Department. There is a process for compelling an individual to answer questions directly related to their job, called a "Garrity Warning". (Garrity vs New Jersey) The individual must answer questions or face disciplinary action, including termination. Their 5th amendment rights are upheld since nothing in the interview can be used against them in any subsequent criminal proceeding. They can still be prosecuted, as long as the evidence comes from somewhere else and did not originate from the interview. Tricky, but can be done. Since the implications of the allegations are so huge, just curious why this was not done early on. just my 2 cents.
Firelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:31   #23
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

All Corrupt

Problem is that the "evidence" and "investigation" would come through or from the FeeBees. They have all the bases covered, a full dug out, plus half of your dug out, the stands filled, and even the hot dog vendor is on their side.

About the time you figure out it may be better to leave and play a different game or sport, they're eyeballs deep into that too.

Civil Service is almost completely Left Wing now. There are only TWO political appointees at the IRS, I have been told, with the entire IRS being Civil Service.

The Left Wing has played it out well, carrying out a coup d’état right under our noses.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 13:12   #24
Sdiver
Area Commander

**BREAKING NEWS **

It's about F-ing time !!!!!

Quote:
House panel votes to hold ex-IRS official Lerner in contempt of Congress

A House committee voted Thursday to hold Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress, as Republicans escalated their bid to "get to the bottom" of the former IRS official's role in the political targeting scandal.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee voted 21-12 to hold Lerner in contempt. The party-line vote followed hours of heated debate on the committee.

The contempt measure heads next to the House floor. House Speaker John Boehner predicted earlier this week that unless Lerner agrees to cooperate, the full House will support contempt -- from there, the case would likely head to the courts.

"This is not an action I take lightly," House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., said before the vote. But he said lawmakers "need Ms. Lerner's testimony to complete our oversight work and bring truth to the American people."

The vote comes a day after the House Ways and Means Committee voted to refer Lerner's case to the Justice Department for possible criminal prosecution. In a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, the committee claimed Lerner may have violated "one or more criminal statutes." The Department of Justice is not obligated to take up the committee's request.

Both committee actions divided Republicans and Democrats, who have decried the steps against Lerner as unwarranted and political.

Democrats argue that Lerner properly invoked her Fifth Amendment right not to testify last year, and again last month.

"Guilty or innocent, Ms. Lerner has a constitutional right to remain silent on this issue," Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., said. Further, she said if the committee were truly serious about pursuing this case, they would offer Lerner immunity.

Rep. Stephen Lynch, D-Mass., said the case would "be laughed out of court."

But Republicans, in bringing up the contempt measure, claim Lerner waived her Fifth Amendment right when, during a hearing in May, she gave a voluntary statement declaring her innocence. Lerner again refused to testify last month.

"The only path to the truth is through this committee," Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said Thursday.

Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, the top Democrat on the oversight committee, has compiled a growing list of constitutional experts who say the contempt case is weak. Issa countered with a memo from the House general counsel's office that says he followed proper procedures.

Lerner has emerged as a central figure in investigations by two congressional committees into the IRS applying extra scrutiny to conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status. Lerner's lawyer, William W. Taylor III, said she has committed no crimes.

"If Lois Lerner continues to refuse to testify, then the House will hold her in contempt," Boehner said Wednesday. "And we will continue to shine the light on the administration's abusive actions and use every tool at our disposal to expose the truth and ensure the American people get the answers they deserve."

Lerner is an attorney who joined the IRS in 2001. She retired last fall, ending a 34-year career in federal government, which included work at the Justice Department and the Federal Election Commission.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ficial-lerner/

Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 17:28   #25
Cobwebs
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Jarvis View Post
Yeah, Holder's going to be all over this one.

Don't get me started with Holder.
Amen..
Cobwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:54   #26
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Ted Cruz: Impeach Eric Holder for ‘defying Congress and the rule of law’

This is just getting better and better............

Ted Cruz: Impeach Eric Holder for ‘defying Congress and the rule of law’

By Cheryl K. Chumley
The Washington Times
Friday, April 11, 2014

Sen. Ted Cruz said Attorney General Eric Holder ought to be impeached if he doesn’t take tough action against former IRS official Lois Lerner, who’s been tied to the agency’s targeting-of-tea-partyers scandal.

During a talk with Sean Hannity on the host’s radio show on Thursday, Mr. Cruz called Mr. Holder the “most partisan attorney general the country has ever had,” and said that he should be impeached for “defying Congress and the rule of law,” Breitbart reported.

For example: Mr. Holder has not indicted anybody in the eight months after the inspector general found that the IRS has indeed wrongfully targeted conservative and tea party groups, Mr. Cruz said.

That’s just not acceptable, Mr. Cruz added.

The Department of Justice has traditionally maintained a “bipartisan tradition of resisting partisan pressure and upholding the rule of law,” but not so under Mr. Holder, Mr. Cruz charged.

The Texas senator also slammed President Obama for a “pattern of lawlessness [that] is breathtaking,” he said.

“We have never seen a president [who so] consistently ignores the law and brazenly defies the law,” Mr. Cruz said, pointing to what he characterized as the president’s executive overrule of existing immigration, marriage, drug and welfare laws.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2ya8b60rF
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Old 04-16-2014, 02:36   #27
pcfixer
Guerrilla

I wholeheartedly agree with Holder should go, along with Lois Learner. This is just the tip on the iceberg in blatant disregard for the rule of law.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:39   #28
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaquebite View Post
Holder will do nothing because he and the DOJ would be implicated along with a parade of others. You know the legalities of the IRS actions were explored and then just ignored.
Hmmmmm.
Quote:
Former head of the IRS tax-exempt division Lois Lerner communicated with the Justice Department about the possibility of criminally prosecuting certain tax-exempt groups, new documents reveal.
According to the conservative government accountability group Judicial Watch, email exchanges between Lerner and Nikole C. Flax, the Chief of Staff to then-Acting IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller, reveal there were discussions about possible prosecution of tax-exempt groups that were believed to have “lied” about political activities.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/16/le...#ixzz2z8uqWDeD
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/16/le...exempt-groups/

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 14:30   #29
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

@$$holes & Crazies

Quote:
House Republicans have dug up emails from Lois Lerner in which the former IRS official refers to some in the Republican Party as “---holes” and "crazies" – an exchange they say shows her “animus” toward conservatives.
Quote:
In the November chain, Lerner also makes an off-color comment about class.

She describes visiting an “Edwardian English village” full of large houses -- “which have been ruined by letting the hoi paloi live there!” (Hoi polloi is a term for common people.)

“These people have ruined everything with their equality push!” she writes.
Full Story
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 18:30   #30
Badger52
Area Commander

I listened to one of these "crazies" the other day. She was talking directly to Koskinen duriing his 4th(?) trip up to the hill. She mentioned that he headed, at once, the most feared and loathed agency in government. She mentioned that a widow from her area had been trying to settle an estate for 2 years but kept getting letters back "asking for the make & model of her bed!" like it was some precious antique. She mentioned that folks from her area were completely fed up and were on the verge of taking matters into their own hands.

Then Cynthia Lummis, the rep in the House from Wyoming, told Koskinen that, unlike her colleagues, she would not be tendering him an apology for his repeated trips up to the committee, nor would she or the citizens of Wyoming apologize for asking the same questions over & over because "we are going to keep asking them until we get to the truth." (She then yielded back to Issa, who was having folks leave them their pocket change of clock-time as he had way more than 5 minutes of things to ask about.)

I got the impression she was genuinely pissed. Then again, she's a crazy.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote