Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-07-2014, 12:35   #1
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

what's the motivation?

As an 18F it is my job to think like the enemy and come up with "Most Likely COA" (MLCOA) and "Most Dangerous COA's" (MDCOA). One of my biggest tools whether it is for an individual, organization, military or a country either at the tactical level or strategic is what is their motivation? What have they done in the past, why have they done it and what do they hope to gain from it? If we know the answers to these questions, it is easier to predict future plans and come up with their MLCOA and MDCOA. I have even used it (to keep my skills sharp) on the Crisis in Syria, with all the major players, Middle East, Russia, Ukraine and a host of other topics, some of which I have posted on here.

For the longest time I struggled with the current administration and the progressive movement in particular. I see what they have done, and are doing, and have thought about the 2nd and 3rd order effects for some of these policies and it left me scratching my head. My world view, is that when people get in power, they want to consolidate as much power as they can for themselves or their organization, so it confused me why so many laws and policies that this administration is doing, actually makes the U.S. less powerful on the world stage, and more of a target. Why would an egomaniac want to give away power. (I am talking internationally not locally. Everything they do gives them more power locally. It takes away personal freedom, for more and more government control.)

I finally had an "AHA" moment after reading a few articles. If you think of the people in power (ie the President everyone he surrounds himself with, and the progressive movement in particular) as subversives who hate America and have been plotting for a long time on how to destroy America, and put in a new form of government (because they are obviously smarter than all of us, and know what's best for us just like nanny Bloomberg) then things start making a little bit more sense.

"The economy in deep decline; the disappearance of jobs; the annihilation of the middle class; the demonization of business owners; the destruction of small business with onerous regulations and taxes; the overwhelming debt and spending of out-of-control government; the millions of Americans losing their health insurance; and the unimaginable increase in dependency through welfare, food stamps, unemployment, disability, and now free health care.

It’s all easily explained when you hear what Obama and I learned at Columbia.

America’s decline under Obama isn’t due to mistake, ignorance, or incompetence at the hands of a community organizer. It’s a purposeful, brilliant plan hatched at Columbia University to destroy capitalism, American exceptionalism, Judeo-Christian values, and the American Dream."
http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...a-from-within/

"The cloak is off. Obama is no longer hiding his plans to destroy America. For anyone who isn’t blind, deaf or very dumb, it’s now all out in the open.

The news of this past week proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Obama is accelerating the destruction of America. Why the sudden rush? Obama and his Marxist cabal see the writing on the wall. Their internal polls show they are headed for a landslide defeat in November. Now that the disastrous effects of Obamacare are clear for the voters to see, they know Democrats are about to be destroyed at the polls.

Knowing Democrats can no longer get elected, or re-elected, Obama has decided to go it alone. Without regard for the law, the Constitution, or the American people he (and those pulling his strings behind the scenes) have obviously decided to do the most damage possible to America during his final three years. He’s finally taken off the mask and shown himself to be the true communist tyrant he is."
http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...se-of-america/

Another question I have is Why consolidate all this power on the government and so blatantly abuse it fully knowing that at some point in the future the shoe could very easily be on the other foot. Republicans could get in power and just as easily abuse it against the Progressives? A couple things,
1. The GOP are cowards and America wouldn't let them get away with a lot of this.
2. Maybe the Progressives are so arrogant that they don't think they will ever loose, and they will keep the power.
3. They hope to so "Fundamentally Change" America that it will never be able to go back.
4. MDCOA...They don't care what happens, in November or in 2016, they never plan on giving up any of this power.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ice-state-cre/

What are your thoghts? What do you think their "Motivation" is?

For the record I know the first two links are from the same person. I have heard the thoughts from multiple different people, he just happens to put it very succinctly.

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:44   #2
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals"

1. The Purpose

"A Marxist begins with his prime truth that all evils are caused by the exploitation of the proletariat by the capitalists. From this he logically proceeds to the revolution to end capitalism, then into the third stage of reorganization into a new social order of the dictatorship of the proletariat, and finally the last stage -- the political paradise of communism." p.10

"An organizer working in and for an open society is in an ideological dilemma to begin with, he does not have a fixed truth -- truth to him is relative and changing; everything to him is relative and changing.... To the extent that he is free from the shackles of dogma, he can respond to the realities of the widely different situations...." pp.10-11

2. Of Means and Ends [Forget moral or ethical considerations]

"The end is what you want, the means is how you get it. Whenever we think about social change, the question of means and ends arises. The man of action views the issue of means and ends in pragmatic and strategic terms. He has no other problem; he thinks only of his actual resources and the possibilities of various choices of action. He asks of ends only whether they are achievable and worth the cost; of means, only whether they will work. ... The real arena is corrupt and bloody."

"The third rule of ethics of means and ends is that in war the end justifies almost any means...." p.29

"The seventh rule... is that generally success or failure is a mighty determinant of ethics...." p.34

"The tenth rule... is you do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral garments.... p.36

4. The Education of the Organizer

"...the organizer must be able to split himself into two parts -- one part in the arena of action where he polarizes the issue to 100 to nothing, and helps to lead his forces into conflict, while the other part knows that when the time comes for negotiations that it really is only a 10 percent difference." p.78

5. Communication [Notice the emphasis on conflict, dialogue, relationships, etc. Team "service" is essential to building strong relationships through "common involvements"]

"One of the factors that changes what you can and can't communicate is relationships. There are sensitive areas that one does not touch until there is a strong personal relationship based on common involvements. Otherwise the other party turns off and literally does not hear....

6. In the Beginning: The Process of Power

[Notice the compromise needed to build the power base. Yet, since pragmatism has eroded all values, it's simply a matter of ends justifying means]

"From the moment the organizer enters a community he lives, dreams... only one thing and that is to build the mass power base of what he calls the army. Until he has developed that mass power base, he confronts no major issues.... Until he has those means and power instruments, his 'tactics' are very different from power tactics. Therefore, every move revolves around one central point: how many recruits will this bring into the organization, whether by means of local organizations, churches, service groups, labor Unions, corner gangs, or as individuals."

"Change comes from power, and power comes from organization." p.113

"The first step in community organization is community disorganization. The disruption of the present organization is the first step toward community organization. Present arrangements must be disorganized if they are to be displace by new patterns.... All change means disorganization of the old and organization of the new." p.116

"An organizer must stir up dissatisfaction and discontent... He must create a mechanism that can drain off the underlying guilt for having accepted the previous situation for so long a time. Out of this mechanism, a new community organization arises....
"The job then is getting the people to move, to act, to participate; in short, to develop and harness the necessary power to effectively conflict with the prevailing patterns and change them. p.117

"Process tells us how. Purpose tells us why. But in reality, it is academic to draw a line between them, they are part of a continuum.... Process is really purpose." p.122

7. Tactics

"Tactics are those conscious deliberate acts by which human beings live with each other and deal with the world around them. ... Here our concern is with the tactic of taking; how the Have-Nots can take power away from the Haves." p.126

Always remember the first rule of power tactics (pps.127-134):

1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."

2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat.... [and] the collapse of communication.

3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."

7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time...."

8. "Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose."

9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."

10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign."

11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... every positive has its negative."

12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."

13. Pick the target, freeze it, ersonalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...

"...any target can always say, 'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...'

"One acts decisively only in the conviction that all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other." (pps.127-134)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hillary Clintons Thesis "An Analysis of the Alinsky Model"

http://nukegingrich.files.wordpress....ntonthesis.pdf

---------------------------------------
Cloward-Piven
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/...adise_now.html

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 17:47   #3
akv
Area Commander

My $.02

Is Obama the ailment or the symptom? We know his MO by now, flash without substance, silvery speeches, narcissism, no backbone or sense of history. IMHO he is representative of the elitist "useful idiots" type from prosperous generations who enjoy the entitlements and freedoms of success earned by previous generations and resent them for it.

As a leader, he doesn't have a lick of the courage of a JFK, MLK, or Truman.
You can't even compare him to Carter or even Clinton either, the former batty as he is served in the Navy and armed the Mujahideen to confront Soviet aggression, the latter I believe was at least proud to be an American. IMO this is not the case with Obama.

However America has elected him twice, it's on us. We can talk about a war weary nation and the fumbles of the Republican party, giving way to a new young eloquent president a la JFK. That doesn't cut it when he was re-elected.

Is it a surprise a generation of Americans born into prosperity and entitlement are going to vote flash over substance? We need only look across the Atlantic to see what a culture of excessive debt and big government leads to.

He is a modern Alcibiades leading a nation acting like spoiled children. In the end he will be despised by all, one because he is loyal to nothing, and two that is the nature of empty promises to the spoiled. There is no such thing as a free lunch and historically there is a price to be paid, geopolitical, economic, and societal for this mindset.

Economic cycles come and go, as do geopolitical challenges, America has the strength and resources to meet them beyond Obama. IMO his greatest failure is his divisive leadership and, my greatest concern, his lack of character is increasingly reflected in our electorate. If so, it will take a serious dose of adversity to to right America's ship.
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 17:50   #4
MR2
Quiet Professional

12 Ways To Use Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals Against Liberals - John Hawkins (2012)

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:19   #5
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

Links Not Working

Max, None of the links in your post allowed me through. They all had that Error 404 appear. Thinking it may be work blocking again, I was able to go into other posts and open links to navigate.

MR2's pdf was fine.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 14:55   #6
TFA303
Auxiliary

For an even deeper philosophical look at why these people are the way they are, I strongly recommend John C. Wright's Unified Field Theory of Madness.

Quote:
The theory must explain,
first, the honest decency of the modern liberals combined with their astonishing indifference, nay, hostility to facts, common sense, and evidence;
second, it must explain their high self-esteem (or, to be blunt, their pathological narcissism) combined not merely with an utter lack of accomplishment, but with their utter devotion to destructiveness, a yearning to ruin everything they touch;
third, it must explain their sanctimoniousness combined with their applause, praise, support, and tireless efforts to spread all perversions (especially sexual), moral decay, vulgarity, and every form of desecration;
fourth, their pretense of intellectual superiority combined with their notorious mental fecklessness;
fifth, it must explain both their violence and their pacifism;
sixth, the theory must explain why they hate the very things they should love most;
seventh, the theory must explain why they are incapable of comprehending an honest disagreement or any honorable foe.
TFA303 is offline   Reply With Quote