Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18C

Old 06-28-2015, 17:53   #1
RockSolid
SF Candidate

Microsoft Access Database and its intergration with your PB

To preface;
I know my status doesn't reflect QP but, alas I am. Ive been awaiting status change for a little while but I wanted to share this information with everyone as its just too damn good to wait any longer.

OK fellow 18C's,

I've got something I have been working on and excited about for some time. I've finally finished it for my team.

While we all know what a pain PB and inventories can be I have came across a Microsoft Access document that allows a much smoother tracking and inventory process.

Here are a couple of its key features:

(a) Allows for one click creation (already in DA2062 format) and upload of hand receipts (HRs) . Then once signed you have the ability to save a signed copy of the HR directly into the Access database.

* I use this program to make HRs for new guys entering the team for all the non-pb items like IR strobes, compasses and the like. Let alone bravos and echos can create HRs for split team ops and turn ins along with other lateral transfers/item loans.

(b) Creates a great property picture book(PBPB) for simple inventories. Great for deployments and continuity.

* As a previous new guy, inventories were terrible. 4-5 things all named the same, just with different NSN's. Things named stuff that didn't make sense. Things that the item name was so far off from what we call it, the sections didnt even know what it was.
This thing can solve it. You can upload a picture of the item into the database and when your print the PBPB it has the item picture, item name, my nomenclature name for it, all the serials for the items we own for that specific category and any BII, plus last paid prices, and many more categories.

(c) Not just for PB items, but for normal issue items also. The bravos keep track of how many slings they have out. With how many have gone missing/broken, and if they need to order any. This is a huge help as we all the pinch is on. We have to keep track of all those giveaway items nowadays. This allows signed sub HR's for when guys come to the team and leave the team, and allows for proper turn in of items the team needs back in order to maintain its stock.

(d) All the sections can use this.
I've sat down with each of my sections. Yes....even the bravos, and taught them how to use this item. It helps everyone keep track of everything and allows the charlies to manage the master database while all the other sections have a basic version which allows for simple process like sub-hand receipts. And doesn't allow a section to accidentally F up another sections stuff. Or at least....it makes it difficult to do so. When all the sections use this item, I can see all there sign-outs, sub-HR's etc when it comes time for inventory so if they aren't around....I can still print and have a copy for the Cappy when it comes times time to do a 100%.

(e) Makes 1750s a BREEEEEZE!
I dunno about you. But everyone has to have a 1750 properly filled out on all boxes before we go somewhere. With this program, you can keep track of whats in what box. Click create 1750, create by box....click the respective box and bammmoo. You have a 1750 created for in less then a minute. Yes this requires being organized and knowing what goes in what box. But seriously.....that's the way it should be anyway.

(f)It has the ability to easily break down property by, location, section, box, stay/go, etc etc. It has those nice excel columns that allow a quick dissection of all property. Shoot, you can even search by nomenclature, serial, item name, section etc etc. Makes finding things a snap.

(g) It keeps a history.
Cant find that radio that a echo turned in last month and then accidentally said clicked reconcile HR and thought he got back....No big deal. Just click on history and the program allows all the turn in, hr, sub-hr etc etc to be seen. Makes it a lot easier then getting a hold of someone from the section that is coherent enough at that specific time to communicate with you where that item was last seen. I may or may not be speaking from specific experience there. I will neither confirm nor deny.

Well there's plenty more functionality to it, but i think I've made my point clear.

I like it.

Id definitely buy the guys who made it a beer.

Here's the youtube channel for questions.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdl...8IYDBI1Za9dECQ

Here's the website for download (You have to have AKO access to DL) http://www.tactical-tech.net/
*yes its free

PM for my email if you have any specific questions. This document was created for a much larger company S4 guy....I've trimmed and tailored mine for ODA level. If you aren't as nerdy as me and need some help doing so, I can tell you what I've done in order to do so.

Rock sends,
Old 06-28-2015, 18:20   #2
alelks
Quiet Professional

Too bad us retired guys can no longer access this stuff.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 21:14   #3
adal
Quiet Professional

Nice

Yeah, sounds good. I've always liked Access for DB stuff. I got my to use for her dog rescue items on Sharepoint.