Old 04-03-2017, 06:44   #2281
Shango
Asset

Intro post

I set up my profile about 4 years ago when I was a Q course student. Now I've been in group for a few years and figured I'd make my first post.

I liked researching all sorts of questions I had as a student in this forum and now I'm looking to post some questions of my own.
Shango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 14:27   #2282
Bholton735
Asset

New guy!!!

Glad to be here!!!

I want to say thank you to all the members on this site and for all of the amazing information that each and everyone of you put out. I am 30 years old and currently work for the City of Atlanta Fire Dept and 20th SFG. I recently went to SFAS (10-16) and was selected. As of right now I just in-processed into the school house. Prior to this I was in the Ga. National Guard at an airborne infantry unit (3/108 LRS). I am happy to be where I am and looking to get all of this started. I know its going to be a long road but I am again excited about the journey and to eventually complete the "Q".

-Holton
Bholton735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:53   #2283
mwheeler63
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

My name is Michael. I am a 30 year golf professional from Baltimore, Maryland and currently living in Reading, Pennsylvania. First, I would like to thank you all for your service and for your dedication to this site. In 2009 I was in the Maryland State Police Academy to become a State Trooper, and with the help of the pushup improvement plan and other fitness threads on the armyranger.com forums and this forum I finished 4th in my class (out of 75) and spent two years as a Trooper before leaving for the golf business after hurting my knee.

I hurt my knee on the job in 2010, and I had no idea but I actually tore my ACL. I recently found out it was torn when it popped a couple years ago and had to have a complete reconstruction in September of 2015. I had some complications, but I was cleared to run, ruck, and swim (along with my full workouts) a couple of months ago.

I joined the forums to continue my fitness improvement, and my family and I are potentially considering a career move to the military. My age puts me in an interesting position, but once we make a decision on the route we would like to go I will fight for it. A career in special operations is something I have always been interested in, and I enjoyed my time in Army ROTC in college. So, that has us considering a military career or going back into law enforcement. I believe there were several members of the Maryland State Police that serve with the 20th SFG in Glen Arm.

Again, thank you all for your service to our country. I may not have served yet in the military, but I do know what it's like to go to work with a gun on your hip not knowing if you will come home. It is a thankless job, but I know everyone that serves enjoys giving their time for our community/country.

PS - I am working on my running, and I plan to self administer an APFT to see where I stand and how much work I have to do. When I do I will post those APFT scores.

Sincerely,
Michael W
mwheeler63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 15:03   #2284
Mako
Asset

Greetings Gents

I want to preface my intro with a message of appreciation. Thank you to all who have walked this path before me and are shedding wisdom to make my path that much more enlightened. I am prior service Army National Guardsman (Virginia). I have completed my commitment with the guard, honorably. I went the DoD contractor route and got some pretty awesome exposure. The contractor life isn't conducive to forming family stability, which is very much on my mind. Recently, I signed an 18x contract, its my dream to be a part of the SF Brotherhood. I ship June 7th to Benning, very excited. Thank you again for the opportunity for being able to be a part of this community!
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:39   #2285
Red Dirt
Asset

New Guy

I want to say thank you to the QPs who took the time to write out the hundreds of posts that I have scoured through over the past few months. I decided to stop lurking and seek out some mentors.

About me: 24 year old non combat arms officer at Fort Carson about six months out from the Selection board. I previously competed in Olympic style weightlifting so I'm coming from a strength based program. I am currently working with a friend of mine who was a recon marine and he is focusing on improving my aerobic capacity and muscular endurance. I have read Get Selected and Horse Soldiers so far, looking to read more QP related books. My goal is to seek out Enlisted and Commissioned mentors who will help me develop into the type of person they would want to be their Team Leader.

Thanks again for what you do, I'll go back to lurking for the most part and soaking up everything I can.
Red Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 13:38   #2286
thermocutty
Asset

Intro

Hello,

Prior Marine officer curious about NG SF pipeline. Great info here. Thank you to those who contribute.
thermocutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 17:20   #2287
Asset

Intro

Hello to all:

First off, I want to thank those of you who have served, and are currently serving our Nation. I want to thank those who have created, contributed to, and actively manage this website. It clearly holds a wealth of invaluable information relative to nearly all things US Special Forces.

I discovered this site while researching the prospect of receiving an age waiver for 18x or Rep 63 contract. Although I feel the value I can add will correspond most ideally, it appears my Non-Prior Service status blocks the way. The word “impossible" does not register well with me... There is always a way. Therefore I certainly appreciate ANY assistance, advice and/or creative ideas provided as I continue my efforts.

Lastly: Major congratulations to those who have been Selected! And Good Fortune to all those who are in the process. I certainly hope to encounter the "opportunity" to be assessed for joining you.

Godspeed.

Jeff
041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:54   #2288
DavyJonesLockr
SF Candidate

Intro

I'm 26 and currently in the navy looking forward to going through the B2G program and getting a 18x contract.
DavyJonesLockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 20:42   #2289
Ghost_
Asset

Introduction

Greetings all,

I am 24 years old, graduated from college with a construction management degree. Currently I am employed as a project manager for a heavy construction company. What I have been doing for the last few months is working out, reading “Get Selected” and absorbing as much as I can on here.
Ghost_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:45   #2290
11thFlorida
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone, I would just like to thank you for allowing me to be apart of this forum. I've almost graduated with a degree in intelligence, an eagle scout, and have a few hobbies that relate to special forces in some way. I have been interested in Special Forces since I was a young boy, but obligations have gotten in my way for sometime. I do say however, I thank these obstacles because they have given me a lot of real world experience and made me more mature than I was at 18. I'm on this forum to do research into the special forces life, get insight on the life of an operator, and to find tips and advice from those who have been there to give me an idea where I fit in the community.
11thFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 20:16   #2291
Grombal
Asset

Grombal

Hail, and well met.

I'm a 27 year E5 National Guardsmen from Minnesota. I'm not currently with a line unit, and I'm looking for a better career path, one that would give me more of a real experience serving my country, or at least the effect of such on my community and country.

I will not leave the Army without, at least, a Ranger tab. Special Forces is my aim, however, as I feel it would be a more useful application of my intellect and affinity for language.
Grombal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 21:20   #2292
Warrior Healer
Asset

Hello.

I'm 32, from Nashville. I ship on September 11 to OSUT, Rep 63, 20th Alabama --> 18D. I currently own a small business. I am prior service, but nothing special.

This website has been an amazing resource. I have been able to find answers to just about every question I could come up with. If you can't find the info here, the answer may only be available through non-virtual experience.

I look forward to it, and I am very grateful to be given a shot...

...even though I felt like a crusty old geezer at MEPS when my joints were cracking during the "duck walk" while all the 18 year-olds were gliding right along...

Warrior Healer
Warrior Healer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:54   #2293
Snappy
Asset

INTRODUCTION

24 years old

MMA Fighter/ BJJ Competitor

Just want to help protect those that can't protect themselves and hopefully work my way out of a job

Have wanted to join special operations for a long time now and I'm doing everything I can to get my shot.

Too all the been there done that guys on this site thank you for your service. To all the aspiring guys like me, GET SOME!
Old 05-03-2017, 10:17   #2294
jpsweet7
Asset

Introduction

Hey guys,

Thanks for having me on here, I won't post much, just trying to absorb as much info as I can. This forum is so valuable to prospective SF candidates, thank you QPs for establishing and maintaining it! I'm 23, current Navy E5 contracted for 18X. I start the training pipeline in August, a couple days after I graduate with my MS in Psychology. I have my BA in Intelligence and National Security Studies. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you, and hopefully working with some of you in the future. Also, if anyone lives in the Conway/Myrtle Beach, SC area, I'd love to get together and get some workouts in. Cheers

Jeremy
jpsweet7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:13   #2295
devil508
Asset

90s Infantryman

Hi there - not SF, but got to brush up against some of you guys in the 90s while spending my 11B career in light infantry and airborne units through the 90s. Every time I got exposed to SF I would learn more in that short period of time than I would in a year of doing regular training. I have a few platoon and company mates that went SF and retired with them. Just plan on reading here and probably not posting too much as I've been out of the game a while. Thanks for having me!
devil508 is offline   Reply With Quote