Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Ammo Talk

Old 08-18-2004, 18:17   #31
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Fixed, thanks, Dan.

Here is the link to the video.

What do you guys think? Anyone else think they have a pistol round that will do that?

TR

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...hard_armor.wmv
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 18:28   #32
shadowflyer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
Fixed, thanks, Dan.

Here is the link to the video.

What do you guys think? Anyone else think they have a pistol round that will do that?

TR

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...hard_armor.wmv

NO....thank goodness the APLP/LeMas guys are on our side ...that is some scary stuff from a 9mm...cut through that armor like a hot knife through butter.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:45   #33
Alex F
Auxiliary

Out-freaking-standing.

Die terrorist bastards.
Alex F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 14:00   #34
TRS1991
Asset

I cant see the video I can hear it but cant see it. Any help??
Old 02-13-2014, 14:33   #35
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS1991 View Post
I cant see the video I can hear it but cant see it. Any help??
Works fine for me. Are you running it in Windows Media Player?

Can you check in on the Intros thread and let us know a little about you, as requested in the board rules?

Thanks mate.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 02-13-2014, 17:45   #36
alelks
Quiet Professional

Living in the country I fully expect my Larue 308 to go through just about any wall in my house and I'm actually relying on that if the situation warrants it. I know home better than any intruder and if he hides behind a wall in just the right places during a gun battle he's toast.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:16   #37
TRS1991
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Works fine for me. Are you running it in Windows Media Player?

Can you check in on the Intros thread and let us know a little about you, as requested in the board rules?

Thanks mate.

TR
Thanks for the reply! I have fixed the video problem and have viewed it multiple times now (impressed more and more every time I see it)

Ill get on to the intros ASAP!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:50   #38
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS1991 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I have fixed the video problem and have viewed it multiple times now (impressed more and more every time I see it)

Ill get on to the intros ASAP!
FWIW, I have repeated the test myself with the same armor and a 3.5" barrel .45ACP with 230 gr. Federal Hydrashoks and the LeMas rounds.

The results were identical. No penetration with the Hydrashoks, complete penetration with the LeMas, every time.

TR

Old 02-14-2014, 11:44   #39
TRS1991
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
FWIW, I have repeated the test myself with the same armor and a 3.5" barrel .45ACP with 230 gr. Federal Hydrashoks and the LeMas rounds.

The results were identical. No penetration with the Hydrashoks, complete penetration with the LeMas, every time.

TR
It truly is incredible bullet technology!

Are LeMas still manufacturing the AP rounds?

Do you have other videos on testing of this ammo?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:16   #40
Toaster
Guerrilla

Since of the rounds is much less, is the recoil reduced as well? (particularly felt)

Increased velocity might have an effect...but I haven't touched any physics since high school.

"Nothing is more dangerous than an NCO or Officer who has been taught a technique or method, but doesn't understand the underlying principles or the "why" behind it." -MtnGoat

"How can someone improve their ability to lead? Die to self.

The most rewarding thing a leader will receive is having someone place their life in your hands and say, I will follow you." -SGT Gary Beikirch
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote