Old 03-13-2007, 08:59   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Introductions III

Introduce yourself with your first post.

When you come into our house we'd like to know a little about you. This assists in framing a response to post from a Professional Soldiers ® member.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 03-13-2007, 12:05   #2
Omega
Asset

hi, sergeant in baumholder, germany. SFAS 05-07. search engine has been my friend.
Old 03-13-2007, 13:50   #3
bandycpa
Guerrilla Chief

Now that's pretty cool. Omega is the first reply to this newly started thread.

Hope all goes well with you here, Omega. You'll learn a lot from these people.

Bandy
Old 03-13-2007, 17:20   #4
Hoot79
Asset

Hi all,
My name is Ian and I’m from Oregon. I’m very interested in Special Forces and I came here to learn more. I’m going to read more than write and I thank you for the opportunity to do so.

-Ian
Old 03-15-2007, 01:00   #5
JJ2K1
Asset

I think it's about time I introduced myself. I have been reading this message board for about a year now ever since I had first stumbled upon it. My name is John, I joined the army in April 2002 as a 31U (now 25U). Went to basic training in FT Benning, AIT in FT Gordon, then back to Benning for airborne school. First duty station was at C co, 3rd Bn, 4th Psychological Operations Group, FT Bragg. I deployed to Qatar in April 2003 before the war started and moved to Baghdad right outside the airport in May. I had a great time while I was there but was not satisfied with my job. I felt there was more I could do with my career than just being a commo guy in a support position pushing buttons. I came back from Iraq in September, got promoted to SPC the following month, and that same day went to the SF recruiters and started my packet. I went to selection in January 2004, got picked up as an 18E, and started the Q-course in May. I did not do language school because I am fluent in Polish, and I graduated in June 2005, in a short 13 months. I got assigned to where I currently am stationed in 1/10 on ODA 023. However last year I was diagnosed with a kidney disorder called chronic IgA Nephritis and i'm currently undergoing a medical evaluation board.
Old 03-15-2007, 13:29   #6
mlitsey
Asset

My Introduction

I was previously in the Army as a COMSEC repair tech and am currently a tech on a helicopter simulator. One of my NCO's joined SF in 97 or 98 and I have been interested in the SF way of life since then. I am thinking of going back in under the 18X program or going OCS and then going to SFAS when I am allowed.
Old 03-15-2007, 14:24   #7
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Welcome to this site. Play nice and we will do the same, or..........

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
Old 03-16-2007, 15:27   #8
CAguru06
Asset

Thanks again!!

Hello again, my name is Drew I'm a Civil Affairs SSG (Active Duty) with the 96th! Thanks again for allowing me to be a member of this forum. I enjoy reading and adding to the vast amount of information we all have to share with one another. I thank you all for laughs and knowledge we have quietly shared since I have been a member of the forum!

Thanks!!!

"ORDER FROM CHAOS"
Old 03-16-2007, 21:04   #9
jrm_canine
Asset

Hello everybody. My name is John, and it's time to introduce myself and cease being a wraith on here. I have been reading the forums for quite some time, and have been very impressed with the topics and code of conduct here. I am a medically retired police officer with 13 years experience here in Virginia. My last job was as a civilian DOD officer at Fort AP Hill Virginia from 2004-2006. I had previously had the priveledge of being friends with a retired 27 year Sgt. Maj. who spent most of his career in SF. Then while working at AP Hill, I had the highest honor of befriending many of the staff from the training center when they would come to visit us, one of the highest honors of my life! I have always been a huge military history buff, particularly the areas of special forces from around the globe. I am an avid firearms collector and former instructor, so you 18 Bravo guys...lookout, I'll try not to aggrivate you with too many questions! Thanks for allowing me into your forum, and I look forward to spending some great time here!

"There is a true glory and a true honor, the glory of duty done, the honor of integrity and principle" -Gen. Robert E. Lee

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived"-Gen. George S. Patton
Old 03-16-2007, 21:16   #10
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAguru06
Hello again, my name is Drew I'm a Civil Affairs SSG (Active Duty) with the 96th! Thanks again for allowing me to be a member of this forum. I enjoy reading and adding to the vast amount of information we all have to share with one another. I thank you all for laughs and knowledge we have quietly shared since I have been a member of the forum!

Thanks!!!
Were you at the ceremony this morning?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 03-17-2007, 16:21   #11
Big Daddy59
Asset

Coming Back

Sirs,
I registered in March of 2006, and the past year has been hectic for me. The passing of family members,attending schools, losing brothers in arms in Iraq(Air Force Cops). A little about myself, just got promoted to E-6, recently selected to be the NCOIC of Combat Arms for the 131 Security Forces Squadron. Will defintely be sitting back and listening and learning from the best this nation has given. Especially anything to do with weapons.
My thanks to all of you.

Brooks
Old 03-18-2007, 04:08   #12
Grahmbo
Asset

Here's My Introduction

Gentlemen,

I'm requesting permission to enter your house and listen in on some of the conversations. I'll try to keep my chatter to a minimum.

As for me, I'm a former Soldier who served in the Infantry on the Active and National Guard sides of the house. These days, my only service is as member of the State Defense Force in my state, and I'm still proud to wear the uniform in any capacity.

Thank you all for your service to our country!
Old 03-19-2007, 14:28   #13
Tikbalang
Asset

Introduction

Hi! SPC Federico from the Philippines. I'm a medic and I have learned a lot in your forums. Thank you for all of your efforts.
Old 03-20-2007, 14:14   #14
determined
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

My name is Jon. I am currently a Junior in High School in North Dakota. I have been interested in becoming a member of Special Forces since Junior High. While I have yet to make a final decision, I plan to enlist as a 11x with an option 40 this summer. I feel that service with the 75th Rangers is too much of a challenge for me to pass up and, from what I know of the Rangers, it seems that my time there will be well spent. After I serve with the 75th for sometime I may decide to apply for a Special Forces position.

The past few months I have kicked my researching into overdrive as I am approaching my enlistment time. Many careers have looked appealing and I am trying to keep an open mind. Forums, websites, books and talks with those who have been there have been my best resources recently. My dad recently attended a 4-day long tour at Fort Bragg for educators from ND, SD and MN (of which he is one) and his photos and stories have sparked an interest in SF again. However, it will be sometime before I have the opportunity to earn the Green Beret. I will continue to read and learn and I may decide to post again sometime in the future.

Thank you for your service, writings and attention
Respectfully,
Jon
Old 03-20-2007, 16:39   #15
Forgotten
Asset

My Introduction

Hello,

My name is Miles, I am a Junior at Chase High School in Forest City, NC. I am 17 and plan on one day enlisting in the United States Navy Seals, though I know this is an extreme goal I have been researching and have tried to get myself prepared physically and mentally. I have found your site very informative and professional, thank you for creating a place in which one can carry on a serious and respectful conversation on the topic of today’s armed forces.

I also want to thank all those who have served in the armed forces especially those who have served in the Special Forces such as the Quiet Professionals. My appreciation for what you are doing and what you have done goes beyond words.

Yours Sincerely and respectfully,
Forgotten